Windows 10: 1 of 2 SSDs read slows down after windows fully boot. Please help, thank you!

Discus and support 1 of 2 SSDs read slows down after windows fully boot. Please help, thank you! in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have encountered a weird problem. System Spec: Windows 10 Intel I9-9980 HK 16 GB Ram RTX 2080 16GB MAX-Q ADATA SX8200PNP 2TB SSD KXG50PNV2T04 2TB SSD... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Sea Bass, Dec 12, 2020.

1. Sea Bass Win User

1 of 2 SSDs read slows down after windows fully boot. Please help, thank you!

I have encountered a weird problem.
    System Spec:
    Windows 10
    Intel I9-9980 HK
    16 GB Ram
    RTX 2080 16GB MAX-Q
    ADATA SX8200PNP 2TB SSD
    KXG50PNV2T04 2TB SSD

Two M.2 SSDs, A is the boot drive, has no problems at all, about 2800 MB/s read.
    B is the other nonboot drive, when windows first start, within the first few seconds, CrystalDiskMark shows normal read speed, about 2700 MB/s. Then if I wait a minute or so, test it again, read speed max out at 200-400 MB/s. In task manager, it shows near 100% active time. Write is about 500 MB/s.
    BIOS is set on ACHI mode. Options are either ACHI or Raid.
    Both SSDs have a Read speed rating of around 2.8 GB/s. TLC memory.

Please help, thank you!

:)

Sea Bass, Dec 12, 2020
  2. Jborg Win User

windows 10 slow boot

I was having a slow boot issue on my Windows 7 install a little while back. It would take about 30 - 40 extra seconds to boot up for whatever reason.

I would try following these steps, while this didn't solve my issue, it did increase Read/Write to where it should be.

10 Tips for SSD Optimization in Windows 7 - Part 1

Looks to be similar to this: SSD Optimization for your Windows Gaming PC and Tips and Tricks

In the end, I had to reinstall my Windows 7 entirely to fix the booting issue. It was taking around 35 seconds to boot, and after the fresh install it takes about 7 seconds to boot.

Jborg, Dec 12, 2020
  3. Amit_Sun Win User
    Persistent slow boot - Windows 10 with SSD

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I appreciate the time you took for the research and perform the troubleshooting, we will need more information to troubleshoot on this issue.

1. If you could provide us with the troubleshooting that you have already performed, it will be helpful.
    2. Are you aware of any recent changes made to the system prior to this issue?

Windows could be booting up slow if there is more application to startup when Windows boot for the first time, below are few of the steps you can try.

Method 1:

1. Try to
      boot your computer into Safe Mode
      and check if it still take time.
    2. If the system boots fine then it’s the third party service or application that is causing the slow boot issue.
    3. You can try to perform
      Clean Boot
      and detect which application or service is causing this issue.
    4. On the article above search for the topic How to determine what is causing the problem after you do a clean boot
      after you have put the computer to clean boot.
    5. After you have found the cause of the issue, you can search for other steps on the same article
      Reset the computer to start normally after clean boot troubleshooting.

Method 2:

If you still face the issue you can check the article

Tips to improve PC performance in Windows 10

To keep you informed the last topic contacts
    Reset your PC,
    I suggest you not to reset your PC, as resetting your PC will revert the system back to previous OS that you upgraded from and you will lose Application installed on the system.

If you still face the issue, reply to this post with more information.

Hope it helps.

Amit Sunar

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Amit_Sun, Dec 12, 2020
  4. disneydoc Win User

My SSD is booting very slow

Hi everyone,

I am a new member of the forum.
    My SSD is booting very slow & I need help solving this.

The SSD is about 2 years old & has been upgraded to Win 10 for about a 1 yr, after googling the problem & following up on a suggestion, I downloaded and ran Crystal Disk Mark, but am unable to make head or tail of the results.

I am ignorant about these (among many) issues & request help to solve this.

Thanks

disneydoc, Dec 12, 2020
Thema:

1. 1 of 2 SSDs read slows down after windows fully boot. Please help, thank you! - Similar Threads - SSDs read slows

2. Random BSOD - Help with Mini-Dump Please & Thank You

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Random BSOD - Help with Mini-Dump Please & Thank You: Hello,I was wondering if someone could assist me and have a look at my Mini-Dump. I am experiencing frequent crashes with no apparent cause. I have no idea what I am looking at within the Mini-Dump data so was hoping for some assistance please.I have attached the hyperlink to...
  3. Windows 11 is reportedly slowing down some SSDs

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 11 is reportedly slowing down some SSDs: It has been two months since Windows 11 was released to users, but the operating system has had its fair share of bad publicity, especially when it comes to the performance. And now, reports are emerging that claim the operating system is slowing down some SSDs. [ATTACH] A...
  4. 2 ssds

in Windows 10 Gaming
    2 ssds: Hi. My pc is showing 2 ssds but I only have 1 ssd. How can i get rid of this problem? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/2-ssds/6eaec8db-61a6-4e48-86da-fe7170c83e69
  5. 2 ssds

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    2 ssds: Hi. My pc is showing 2 ssds but I only have 1 ssd. How can i get rid of this problem? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/2-ssds/6eaec8db-61a6-4e48-86da-fe7170c83e69
  6. 2 ssds

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. Please help me with this ! Thanks you !

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Please help me with this ! Thanks you !: [ATTACH] Please tell me with is this ? https://preview.redd.it/6nx27itiz0m61.png?width=675&format=png&auto=webp&s=255d36c2b43c533fa9b194679d72b5a29e049e95 submitted by /u/TechieNikhil [link] [comments]...
  8. Delete this please thank you

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Delete this please thank you: Delete this please https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/delete-this-please-thank-you/f33f627a-8a17-4404-a590-05140a385b58
  9. Please can you help me with Slow Boot Time?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Please can you help me with Slow Boot Time?: Hello all, I've been having some very slow boot up time, several minutes on spinning circles before login screen. I know that Windows 10 is the culprit cos this seemed to get worse with every update. I remember one time after a Windows feature update, the problem went away...
  10. 2 SSDs

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    2 SSDs: Hello Here is the mather. I have 2 SSDs. One is 250go ( where everything is automaticly installed) and another one is 1000go. I would like to transfert everything on my 1TO because the 250Go is 3/4 full. I saw couple of tutorials about images on this forum but it was 2017...