Windows 10: 1 of my 3 monitors is physically twice as wide as the other two but in display settings it...

Discus and support 1 of my 3 monitors is physically twice as wide as the other two but in display settings it... in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I have seen similar questions in the forums, but none with answers. this seems to be a common problem. My problem is I have 3 monitors. two that are... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by mattcrossette, Apr 2, 2020.

1. 1 of my 3 monitors is physically twice as wide as the other two but in display settings it...

I have seen similar questions in the forums, but none with answers. this seems to be a common problem. My problem is I have 3 monitors. two that are 24" monitors 2 and 3 that are side by side below, and a 50" TV monitor 1 being used as a third monitor mounted directly above the other two. The TV is about 3" wider than the other two side by side so ideally when setting them up it would allow me to have monitor 1 the TV stretch completely across the top of both monitor 2 and 3 that are side by side. It will only let me put it directly above monitor 2 as if it were exactly the same size or directly above monitor 3 again as if it were exactly the same size, or split between 2 and 3 not stretching to the edges again as if it were pysically the same size as the other two.

The reason this is a problem is when the mouse travels from one monitor to the other it can only cross up to the tv based on where you have it set up in display settings. So, if I have it directly above monitor 2 but I'm working in monitor 3 I cannot just move my mouse up to get to monitor 1... I have to first move to monitor 2 and then up. etc.

Let me be clear I have read similar posts and questions that do not have satisfactory answers.

THIS HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH SCREEN RESOLUTION, CORRECT DRIVERS OR ANYTHING ELSE WITH MY SET UP. THIS ONLY HAS TO DO WITH THE ACTUAL PHYSICAL SIZE OF THE MONITORS.

Is there a way to adjust the actual size of the monitor so mouse travel works correctly? 1 of my 3 monitors is physically twice as wide as the other two but in display settings it... dd8b451b-d208-48fa-a315-7f4c6a0fa572?upload=true.jpg

:)

mattcrossette, Apr 2, 2020

2. No display on monitor when TV set as primary display

Issue solved

Removed DVI/HDMI cable from computer and monitor

Step 1: Check if the VGA monitor cable is defective.

1. Turn off computer
    2. Connect the monitor VGA cable from the monitor to the VGA port on the computer
    3. Turn on computer, VGA monitor cable is good.

Step 2: Tun off computer
    1. Connect HDMI Cable to HDMI port and TV
    2. Turn on computer and TV, there is no monitor black screen
    3. Click on the Windows logo, select the Settings icon , and then select

System. Under Display there are two squares, labeled 1 and 2

D Click on Advanced Display Settings:

Display information: Display 1- Monitor Display 2 -TV

E Right-click the Speakers icon in
      the taskbar, select Sound, click on Playback devices,

a s tv screen with my brand shows
      AMD High Definition Audio Device ready.

F. Problem solved

Cause of the problem: Defective VGA port on the Syba VGA HD15+ 3.5 Audio to HDMI converter

Rooben Kajima, Apr 2, 2020
  3. 3 monitors won't display in settings windows 10

Thanks for trying but this was not the problem. I have it solved. I had a hdmi splitter for the 2 external monitors, which was suggested by Staples. An hdmi splitter is stupid because whatever is on 1 monitor is on the 2nd monitor, DUH, it's a splitter.
    And this is why in "Display Settings" only my laptop monitor & 1 monitor was shown. Solved by returning the hdmi splitter, plugging in 1 monitor directly to my laptop hdmi socket and getting a usb to hdmi adapter which plugs into my laptop usb socket & my
    2nd monitor plugs into the hdmi side of the adapter. Instantly all 3 monitors were shown in "Display Settings".

robertaiken1, Apr 2, 2020
  4. 1 of my 3 monitors is physically twice as wide as the other two but in display settings it...

Display Resolution for two monitor have different settings

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

The display resolution depends on the monitors that you have plugged into your computer. The display resolution modes will vary with each display based on the video card device, monitor size, video driver, and monitor driver.
    By default, Windows chooses the best display settings for your PC based on your monitor, so it is recommended to set the screen resolution of the display to the (Recommended) native resolution to get the best display on your monitor.

To have better clarity on the issue, let us know the model numbers of your monitors, so that we can provide you the exact display resolution which is recommended to your monitors.

Meanwhile, try the below methods and see if this helps.

Changing the Display Resolution from Settings.

Step 1: Right Click on an empty space on the desktop and click on
    Display Settings.

Step 2: In the
    Display Settings window, scroll down and click on 'Advanced display settings' option under
    Multiple displays.

Step 3: Then, click on
    Display adapter properties for Display 1, Display 2, or
    Display 3; whichever monitor you want to change the resolution for.

Step 4: Once the Display properties pops-up, click on 'List All Modes' option.

Step 5: Select a display mode that you want for the selected display and click on
    OK.

Step 6: Then, click on
    Apply and OK for the changes to take effect.

If these steps don't work, try reinstalling the driver by opening
    Device Manager, right-click on the monitor drivers, and select
    Uninstall. Restart your PC and Windows will attempt to reinstall the drivers.

Hope it helps.

Shafeeq_Khan, Apr 2, 2020
Thema:

1 of my 3 monitors is physically twice as wide as the other two but in display settings it...

1. 1 of my 3 monitors is physically twice as wide as the other two but in display settings it... - Similar Threads - monitors physically twice

2. Two Monitors, Duplicated Display, Computer only detects 1

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Two Monitors, Duplicated Display, Computer only detects 1: My friend has windows 10 and her computer was working completely fine. However, it randomly shut down and now it only detects one of the plugged in monitors and duplicates one screen onto both of them....
  3. Two Monitors, Duplicated Display, Computer only detects 1

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Two Monitors, Duplicated Display, Computer only detects 1: My friend has windows 10 and her computer was working completely fine. However, it randomly shut down and now it only detects one of the plugged in monitors and duplicates one screen onto both of them....
  4. Two Monitors, Duplicated Display, Computer only detects 1

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. 1 monitor overriding the other

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    1 monitor overriding the other: I have a ThinkPad. I have 2 BENQ monitors connected to it. So in affect with the laptop i have 3 screens. They all worked great, until I unplugged the laptop and took it to another workspace. When i plugged both screens back in they will now not connect at the same time. The...
  6. Can I Decouple Two Monitors' Display Settings?

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Can I Decouple Two Monitors' Display Settings?: I have a Lenovo 580T, Windows 10.1903; with an attached second monitor, Dell 2311H, which I had also used for my T530 running Win7. Of course I am having display issues, probably because of Win10's DPI Scaling policy. The recommended scaling is 125% for the original screen,...
  7. Two Monitor Display Issue: Wide screen & standard width

Two Monitor Display Issue: Wide screen & standard width: I have two monitors. The main monitor is a wide screen, while the 2nd monitor is not. The second monitor displays Google (or Facebook) as if it were a widescreen two. The display cuts off the right hand side of the screen and sometimes there's no option to scroll right....
  8. Windows 10 thinks it has two monitors, and my videos are displayed on the "other monitor."

Windows 10 thinks it has two monitors, and my videos are displayed on the "other monitor.": Well, I can't see my video games or videos because when I open them they display on some supposed "second monitor" that I don't have. How do I tell my computer not to do this?...
  9. Display Resolution for two monitor have different settings

Display Resolution for two monitor have different settings: I bought a HP Pavilion with windows 10 home and im running 3 monitors. 1 32" LG TV and 2 LG Ultrawide monitors via a j5 create adaptor. For a while everything was running fine until the screen black out for a second the came back. The display resolution went from...
  10. Display Resolution for two monitor have different settings

Display Resolution for two monitor have different settings: I bought a HP Pavilion with windows 10 home and im running 3 monitors. 1 32" LG TV and 2 LG Ultrawide monitors via a j5 create adaptor. For a while everything was running fine until the screen black out for a second the came back. The display resolution went from...