Windows 10: 1 PC not using router assigned IP

Discus and support 1 PC not using router assigned IP in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have a Trendnet TEW-827DRU router. I set up assigned IP addresses for most of my Ethernet connected devices (Desktop PCs, Home Entertainment Devices,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by TV2, Feb 3, 2018.

1. TV2
    TV2 Win User

1 PC not using router assigned IP

I have a Trendnet TEW-827DRU router. I set up assigned IP addresses for most of my Ethernet connected devices (Desktop PCs, Home Entertainment Devices, TVs) on the router designated by MAC address.

One Desktop PC is not using it's assigned IP. I want to fix that.

My first idea was to do an ipconfig/release and the an ipconfig/renew, but when I attempt this I get this message:
    "No Operation Can Be Performed on Ethernet While It Has It's Media Disconnected"
    This comes up twice: Once for the word Ethernet above, and again with Ethernet2.

This PC has 4 Adapters showing. The physical LAN adapter (enabled), plus a VM adapter (enabled), and two virtual adapters for my VPN (both disabled). Could this be what is being referred to as "Media Disconnected"?

Any other ideas on how to force it to use the assigned IP?

:)

2. 'Mike P Win User

Which Method can block others person edit my ipv4 address?

Most PC's on a LAN will be assigned the IP by the router that the PC connects to. Many routers let you assign a specific lan IP to a specific connected device's mac id. Turn off your DHCP if you want to keep the same lan IP. But another device may
    be using it when you are offline & then you will have problems trying to get connection onto your LAN.

'Mike P, Feb 3, 2018
  3. mnia786 Win User
    Chane N95 IP Address??

Go to advanced settings for your WLAN access point and you can assign an IP for your device from there. Some routers may block it however as it may assign IP addresses (if you want to use staic IP's, turn off DCHP on your router but this is a global effect).

mnia786, Feb 3, 2018
  4. Eagle51 Win User

What does ipconfig /all show for that Desktop PC, any chance it has a Static IP assigned already ?
    Have you tried just doing the release / renew on the physical LAN Adapter only ?

Example:
    ipconfig /release TheLanAdapterName
    ipconfig /renew TheLanAdpaterName

Eagle51, Feb 3, 2018
  5. TV2
    TV2 Win User
    No, not static already.

I'll try that. release/renew thing.

6. TV2
    TV2 Win User
    DHCP Enabled: True

The LAN adapter is just named "Local Area Connection"
    [ ipconfig /release LOC ] returns error message: "The operation failed because no adapter is in the state permissible for this operation".

Also, in ipconfig /All , it show the problem ip 192.168.1.xxx (preferred)
    I've never seen (preferred) in the results before.

7. Eagle51 Win User
    I'm prettyr sure you need to specify the full name (Local Adapter Connection) or use wildcard * ...
    ipconfig /release *Local*
    ipconfig /renew *Local*

Eagle51, Feb 3, 2018
  8. TV2
    TV2 Win User

Let me try that.
    I was following the example shown in the error message from ipconfig when I tried " Local Area Connection ".

9. TV2
    TV2 Win User
    That worked (*local*) to perform release and renew.
    It did not work to change the IP to the chosen default.

Let me check the router settings again. This is making no sense.
    (It might be later, I've got people here already to watch the game)

10. TV2
    TV2 Win User
    DHCP Reservations are correct on the Trendnet.

11. Samuria Win User
    Set a fixed ip use a little then rebbot and set dhcp ip see if that kick it inot life can the pc ping the router ok?

Samuria, Feb 4, 2018
  12. TV2
    TV2 Win User
    Yes. PC pings router, has an IP, and is accessible by all other PCs.
    This is just an annoyance/curiosity/OCD issue.

13. Eagle51 Win User

Hey TV2,
    I don't think this should/would effect anything, so it's a long shot. Are the Static/Assigned IP's you set inside the DHCP Range that's set.

Note: My Router is 192.168.1.1 ... so I use 192.168.1.2 - 192.168.1.100 for Static IP's and the DHCP Server Range is set to 192.168.101 - 192.168.1.254

Eagle51, Feb 5, 2018
  14. clam1952 Win User
    Just a thought, double check you have the MAC for the Lan port and not some other adapter which may be disabled.

clam1952, Feb 5, 2018
  15. TV2
    TV2 Win User
    Yes, inside the range. More confusingly, the problem address is 192.168.1.105, and my main desktop is 192.168.1.106, and that IP sticks consistently, as do all the higher addresses. Only that one device.

Thema:

1. 1 PC not using router assigned IP - Similar Threads - using router assigned

2. Assign static IP to a VPN user

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Assign static IP to a VPN user: Every time a user is using our Windows VPN to connect to the company network a new IP from a static range is taken. Because we have applications that require static IP same IP every time the user connects through the VPN how can we achieve this?...
  3. Assign static IP to a VPN user

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Assign static IP to a VPN user: Every time a user is using our Windows VPN to connect to the company network a new IP from a static range is taken. Because we have applications that require static IP same IP every time the user connects through the VPN how can we achieve this?...
  4. Assign static IP to a VPN user

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. DHCP Ip assignment Latency

DHCP Ip assignment Latency: HiI seem to have an issue with IP assignment latency. We just upgraded all our pc to faster SSD based laptop. and just really noticed it. Here is the situation. Cold boot the laptop to Domain login prompt. At this point the Wired or wireless NIC says network not found. if we...
  6. Cannot access Router IP or NAS IP

in Windows 10 Customization
    Cannot access Router IP or NAS IP: I am running Windows 10 64 bit professional and using Firefox as my web browser. Whenever I put in the IP address of either my BT Hub 2 router or my QNAP NAS all I keep getting is 'server not found' even though when I do the same on my mobile phone I can access them with no...
  7. Static IP Address Assignment - Does Not Work

Static IP Address Assignment - Does Not Work: Hi. Two of my PC's are identical PC Sticks to which I need to sometimes remote in using their names and sometimes I need to remote into them using their IP addresses. They both run Win10 Pro, remote desktop is enabled and I am easily able to remote into both of them and...
  8. Is my ip my PC's IP or my routers

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is my ip my PC's IP or my routers: If I search what is my il on google I get the same answer on my phone and pc, does everyone get the same answer if they are on the same wifi? submitted by /u/ImKimkoli [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/ffsidd/is_my_ip_my_pcs_ip_or_my_routers/
  9. Ip router hide

Ip router hide: Hello . I need some help. I use monthly internet service with wlan routers connected to optics . my question is 1.does the server see my internet service provider ip, or see my ip router, or see ip on my laptop?? if I use VPN on my laptop. Will the server still see my IP?...
  10. Is it possible to assign a static IP for each network ?

Is it possible to assign a static IP for each network ?: Hello I posted this question on microsoft answers but seems like may be i could get better help here .. i have a situation here i'm using static IP for Network #1 which is 192.168.1.110 but when i try joining another network let's say network #2 with a router address...