Windows 10: 1 pixel border around menus and thick borders

Discus and support 1 pixel border around menus and thick borders in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hey,I recently got a problem where my taskbar menus got a 1 pixel border, and the Windows Settings menu has a very thick border. Control Panel menus... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by azhou, Jun 8, 2021.

1. azhou Win User

1 pixel border around menus and thick borders

Hey,I recently got a problem where my taskbar menus got a 1 pixel border, and the Windows Settings menu has a very thick border. Control Panel menus are even weirder than the Settings menu. I've fixed this temporarily repeatedly by switching to another preset Windows theme and reverting it back to the theme I ususally use, but over a few days, it'll come back. I've attached some photos for reference. I've looked over some posts on the internet, but they all don't help hacked theme, uninstall display drivers, etc.. Can anyone help?

:)

azhou, Jun 8, 2021

2. Strange 1 pixel border around my start menu

After recent updates, a strange 1 pixel border has appeared around my start menu. My best guess is that it is from the window frame style that is mistakenly being applied to the menu.

It is a bit of an eye sore!

1 pixel border around menus and thick borders 21e6d100-e4a9-482d-8389-cbf3c9847205.png

Charles Goodwin UK, Jun 8, 2021
  3. con487 Win User
    1 pixel wide border outside windows in High Contrast

Greetings,

I'm having a sort of an issue with window borders with custom High Contrast themes. I'm trying to create a dark theme based off an existing one I've found that could be used without patching any system files, hence why it uses High Contrast to get custom colors. I've had most of the problem already solved, notably the huge window borders, and I've acknowledged that some things may remain broken (such as tray icons having borders all around with the same color as button text).

The issue I'm now concerned about relates to window borders. Outside the standard window border, there is a 1 pixel wide border on the very outside of a window:

1 pixel border around menus and thick borders [​IMG]

I've noticed that the border seems to have the same color as the window title text. It seems like an inane decision from Microsoft's part - if you want a dark theme, you probably want dark title bars, so white text, and you get ugly white borders, as if you were trying to make a triangle of three gears move. In the image, I've had a compromise of grayish text which makes the text harder to read, but the borders more tolerable.

My question is, is it possible to either change the color of this border independently or remove it altogether? I've tried to search for instructions online without any success so far.

Thanks in advance.

con487, Jun 8, 2021
  4. yineva Win User

How to remove 1-pixel border around active window

1 pixel border around menus and thick borders [​IMG]

yineva, Jun 8, 2021
Thema:

1. 1 pixel border around menus and thick borders - Similar Threads - pixel border around

2. Is it possible to remove the 1-pixel border around windows that the "Show accent color on...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Is it possible to remove the 1-pixel border around windows that the "Show accent color on...: Hello. the title pretty much says it all. I've tried to search for answers but its all just people talking about turning off the setting, which just makes the border a different color. There is chance that if I do disable the border, I might be unable to resize windows, and...
  3. Is it possible to remove the 1-pixel border around windows that the "Show accent color on...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is it possible to remove the 1-pixel border around windows that the "Show accent color on...: Hello. the title pretty much says it all. I've tried to search for answers but its all just people talking about turning off the setting, which just makes the border a different color. There is chance that if I do disable the border, I might be unable to resize windows, and...
  4. Thick borders for CMD

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Thick borders for CMD: When you launch CMD (CMD.exe) you get a window with black background, with a white header, and white scroll-bar on the right side, ... but on the bottom and on the left side, there is no border. Or, there is, but it is one pixel wide, and in dark grey. This is super annoying...
  5. Windows frame border thickness

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows frame border thickness: For my work purpose , the only reason I use MS windows 10 is because of 1 software only: Kakaotalk a Korean chatting platform. As soon as Kakaotalk is supported in Linux, goodbye Windows. What I cannot stand in Windows 10 is the fact that MS has decided that the almost...
  6. Border around Desktop

Border around Desktop: Hello all! I recently bought a GDP P2 Max mini laptop and am pretty surprised at how performant it is. My only problem however is that the Desktop has a border around the edges. It's dark grey and had a tiny rectangle in the upper right corner of the screen. Does anyone...
  7. Increase Border thickness

Increase Border thickness: Hi How do I increase the border thickness of windows? And I did try with settings Computer\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Control Panel\Desktop\WindowMetrics\BorderWidth and \PaddedBorderWidth but that only changed the window Title thickness....
  8. Focus rectangle so thick (border-dotted) around selected thing

in Windows 10 Support
    Focus rectangle so thick (border-dotted) around selected thing: [img] [img] how to make it thin, so annoying Thank in advance 120363
  9. How to remove 1-pixel border around active window

in Windows 10 Support
    How to remove 1-pixel border around active window: [img] 60192
  10. Pixel border around active window

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Pixel border around active window: Hi there - first post as a new Windows 10 user migrating (returning) from OSX. So far only two issues found on 10130: Orange active window border: I have this horrble orange colour around the active window. I have changed all the colour settings but bothing seems to...