Windows 10: 1 side of desktop display messed up

Discus and support 1 side of desktop display messed up in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I woke this morning to find the left 1/3 of my display messed up. There is a clearly delineate line between that and the normal side of the screen. It... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Grannilo, Mar 31, 2019.

1. Grannilo Win User

1 side of desktop display messed up

I woke this morning to find the left 1/3 of my display messed up. There is a clearly delineate line between that and the normal side of the screen. It isn't a significant problem within apps. Fix?

1 side of desktop display messed up a0a9756b-7af6-4cd2-acfb-48b09898132a?upload=true.jpg

:)

Grannilo, Mar 31, 2019

2. fllckering desktop

Hi Yvonne,

To resolve your issue with flickering desktop, we suggest that you update your display drivers with the steps listed below:

• Right-click Start, then select Device Manager.
    • Expand Display Adapters to find the name of your device.
    • Right-click the device and select Update Driver Software.
    • Follow steps to update display drivers.

Update us on the result.

Regards.

Angela Pun, Mar 31, 2019
  3. Resize and rearrange desktop icons with ctrl+shift+(1-0)

To change your desktop icons from vertical to horizontal, follow the steps below:

• Right-click on your desktop.
    • Select small icons.

Once done, try to change again the size and display of your desktop icons using the
    Ctrl+shift+(1-0) mode and check if the same issue persists.

Let us know how it goes.

Acelyn Alc, Mar 31, 2019
  4. 95Viper Win User

Driver and/or display problem (AMD)

Try this:

• Right click on a blank area of your desktop and select "Display Properties"
    • Select "Advanced Display Settings"
    • Select "Display Adapter Properties"
    • Click on "List all Modes"
    • Select the preferred display mode. Something with at least 60Hz.
    • Then select your setting you want
    • See if the option came back

95Viper, Mar 31, 2019
Thema:

1. 1 side of desktop display messed up - Similar Threads - side desktop display

2. Display is Messed up!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Display is Messed up!: I had trouble with my desktop icons, and somehow messed up my desktop. The text of the name of file under the icon is very very tiny. In my browser, the "file" Edit View History Etc tab fonts are very very tiny. And when I right click on the desktop, the window is very...
  3. Display is Messed up!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Display is Messed up!: I had trouble with my desktop icons, and somehow messed up my desktop. The text of the name of file under the icon is very very tiny. In my browser, the "file" Edit View History Etc tab fonts are very very tiny. And when I right click on the desktop, the window is very...
  4. Display is Messed up!

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Messed up display

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Messed up display: Hi my screen is all messed up and I can't use my laptop now even with an external monitor and I don't know what the prob is. Before it got messed up the laptop would freeze randomly and I have to restart it every time. I am wondering how I would boot into safe mode with a...
  6. Messed up display

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Messed up display: Hi my screen is all messed up and I can't use my laptop now even with an external monitor and I don't know what the prob is. Before it got messed up the laptop would freeze randomly and I have to restart it every time. I am wondering how I would boot into safe mode with a...
  7. Messed up display settings

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Messed up display settings: Hi there,recently i was trying to set up dual screens on my computer, when i accidentally enabled some setting. I was on the display settings page, and the option i enabled may have been ¨duplicate screen¨, but im not sure. After i did it, i am basically unable to use my...
  8. Display gets messed up

in Windows 10 Support
    Display gets messed up: When I push the Downloads icon up into place it bounces back down. (ScreeshotA). [img] Actually I can live with that by adding another row. (ScreenshotB). [img] Previously I had that bottom row all filled in. (ScreenshotB) And everything was just way I liked it. Which...
  9. The display language is messed up.

in Windows 10 Customization
    The display language is messed up.: Hi, I installed Japanese language pack, but the display language is still English. However, some menu displays Japanese. Please check the screenshot and let me know the solution. Thanks. [ATTACH]...
  10. Display drivers messed up?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Display drivers messed up?: Hey all, I updated wit windows 10 and had to immediately revert back to windows 7 because my monitor would shut off every 2-3 minutes and i would have to force restart every time. Its stressing my computer out and myself, so im wondering if this is display drivers or anything...