Windows 10: 1 TB hard drive to be formatted in Fat32

Discus and support 1 TB hard drive to be formatted in Fat32 in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I am trying to set up this drive so I can use it to record movies too. I have windows10 and do not have an option to format the drive. I tried to use... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Dumafach, Mar 14, 2019.

1. Dumafach Win User

1 TB hard drive to be formatted in Fat32

I am trying to set up this drive so I can use it to record movies too. I have windows10 and do not have an option to format the drive. I tried to use AOMEI to format the drive. I have to have the drive set up as FAT32 or it is useless to me.

:)

Dumafach, Mar 14, 2019
  2. kenkickr Win User

FAT32 formatting

If you can plug the drive into a XP system you can partition and format to FAT32 through Drive Configuration. Heres the steps

1. Click Start and go to your control panel

2. Go into Administrative Tools and then open up Computer Management

3. Now click on Disk Management that is located under Storage.

On the right you should see your drive that you want to format to FAT32. Just right click the drive, select format, and switch partition to Fat32. You may need to delete the volume if it will not let you change to Fat32 and then repartition. I have used this many times.

kenkickr, Mar 14, 2019
  3. BenHyer Win User
    1 TB Flash Drive Formatting

I have a 1 TB flash drive. It came in the format of exfat. I tried to reformat it to NTFS but my computer says that it cant finish the format. The only problem with the exfat is that when I take it to my mac it cant see the drive at all. My pc can see
    it but none of my macs can. It would be fine if i was only using it for my pc but i bought it to help transfer files between computers. The only two options it gives me to format it to is NTFS and exfat. And it can only complete the exfat format. What should
    I do? Is there a way to format it to Fat32?

BenHyer, Mar 14, 2019
  4. Fernandz Win User

How To Format A Write Protected Flash Memory ?

¿You already tried this one?...

Run CMD

1. diskpart
    2. list disk

Then in the 3º step, put the correct number of disk in the list for the usb flash (if it's listed in disk 3, then you'll have to write select disk 3).

2. select disk #
    3. clean
    4. create partition primary
    5. select partition 1
    6. active
    7. format fs=fat32
    8. assign
    9. exit

with that commands you will format the flash drive in fat32, if you have a large drive you can select also "format fs=ntfs" in step 7.

good luck!

Fernandz, Mar 14, 2019
Thema:

1. 1 TB hard drive to be formatted in Fat32 - Similar Threads - hard drive formatted

2. How long does it take to format 1 TB hard drive in windows 10 disk management.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How long does it take to format 1 TB hard drive in windows 10 disk management.: It seems to be taking along time to format going on 24 hours am I wrong, this is a internal backup disk I am formatting! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-long-does-it-take-to-format-1-tb-hard-drive-in/e2f3fb22-8677-46fb-9c04-964ef615ba03
  3. Formatting 64GB USB Drive to FAT32

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Formatting 64GB USB Drive to FAT32: Is this possible? I've read many threads. I followed these steps: B1.Insert the USB flash drive into the USB port. 2.Click Start, type devmgmt.msc in the Search textbox and press Enter. 3.Find Disk Drives and expand it. 4.Find the USB flash drive you want to format, and...
  4. C drive = SSD 128 GB, D drive = Hard Drive 1 TB

C drive = SSD 128 GB, D drive = Hard Drive 1 TB: I reset my computer because Windows kept installing software on the C drive. When it loaded back up it installed windows 10 files on the C drive again. I went everything to be on the D drive. I went into settings and changed the storage to D, but how do I get windows 10 files...
  5. DiskPart formatting 1 TB external drive

DiskPart formatting 1 TB external drive: Proper drive selected, partition created. Running DISKPART> FORMAT FS=NTFS LABEL=BACKUP It's been running for over three hours and still shows only 1% complete. It must be locked up, because I can't imagine that it would take several days to format a 1 TB drive. I'm...
  6. FAT32 Format

FAT32 Format: Since the FAT32 is not an option anymore and there's still tons of devices that only accept FAT32. How can I format memory card? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/fat32-format/3a899269-48e2-474f-a190-b2c4b5bdf18b
  7. Win10 with 1 TB+ USB Drives

Win10 with 1 TB+ USB Drives: I have two different 2.5 SATA drive USB cables I've been using for a long time. When I have a 1 TB drive on these cables they are not working in win10. I can create a new volume, assign a drive letter, disk management shows it as online. Formatting fails either in a command...
  8. Space on a fat32 formatted external drive

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Space on a fat32 formatted external drive: Hello, I have a 750Gb external drive that was originally NTFS. Windows shows it as 698Gb. I formatted it to fat32 yesterday, and now windows reads it as 185Gb. In disk manager, as you can see in the screenshot link (from remote desktop) that I have below, disk manager shows...
  9. FAT32 for 1 T drive

FAT32 for 1 T drive: How can I format a 1 T usb drive to FAT32 beyond the Window 10 32gig limit? Ideally I would like to have the entire drive FAT32/ I have seem some free download apps but they look dated. Any specific recommendations? 75404
  10. Suitable NTFS formatted 12 TB hard drive?

Suitable NTFS formatted 12 TB hard drive?: Not sure that this is the right location to post this. I am looking for a 12 TB hard drive (be it internal or external) that supports the NTFS architecture for under $500. I've looked online on newegg, amazon, ebay, and gmarket, but I've found either no matches or NAS...