Windows 10: 1 very annoying file explorer habit

Discus and support 1 very annoying file explorer habit in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I open file explorer and start boring down to my intended destination. When I'm about there, explorer I guess has now found the network and the left... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by markg2, Mar 18, 2018.

1. markg2 Win User

1 very annoying file explorer habit

I open file explorer and start boring down to my intended destination. When I'm about there, explorer I guess has now found the network and the left panel of explorer scoots back to the top. Is there a setting, like maybe delay looking for the network after explorer is opened for maybe 30 seconds?

Mark

:)

markg2, Mar 18, 2018

2. File Explorer has gone crazy after last nights upgrade.

My only has icons instead of full descriptions. I can not get back to a point where I have tabs that actually say something. Please tell me how to get my view repaired? help... Help.... HELP!!!

File Explorer, Mar 18, 2018
  3. Seahunt40 Win User
    File Explorer

File Explorer, as I scroll down, is constantly bumping me to the top of the window. Very annoying.

Seahunt40, Mar 18, 2018
  4. Callender Win User

Callender, Mar 18, 2018
  5. Callender Win User
    If you can get there like this you don't need the icon:

[WINKEY+R] press Enter then type:

shell:NetworkPlacesFolder

or just create a desktop shortcut.

Callender, Mar 18, 2018
  6. Callender Win User
    For shortcut that you can pin:

1 very annoying file explorer habit [​IMG]

Or if using tabbed type of Explorer:

1 very annoying file explorer habit [​IMG]

Callender, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. 1 very annoying file explorer habit - Similar Threads - very annoying file

2. Very Annoying Folder View in the File Explorer bug ,i need help please

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Very Annoying Folder View in the File Explorer bug ,i need help please: Whenever i try to change the folder view of for my Drive D to "Large Icons" for example , the folder view in "This PC" is changed to large icons .and the same when i do the reverse ;When i change the folder View of "this pc" to "Tiles" it is changed in the drive "D" ,also the...
  3. Very Annoying Folder View in the File Explorer bug ,i need help please

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Very Annoying Folder View in the File Explorer bug ,i need help please: Whenever i try to change the folder view of for my Drive D to "Large Icons" for example , the folder view in "This PC" is changed to large icons .and the same when i do the reverse ;When i change the folder View of "this pc" to "Tiles" it is changed in the drive "D" ,also the...
  4. File explorer/search very very very slow

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    File explorer/search very very very slow: Green search bar takes 10+ minutes to complete its progress across the bar .. working on it ... ..... it says - really i think!! Since 20H2 'update' the whole OS seems slow to respond and react, with all apps very slow - obviously suspect the file access an search as the...
  5. File Explorer annoyance

in Windows 10 Support
    File Explorer annoyance: I have 2 W10 pro systems as listed in my systems. One of them (laptop) has a annoying problem when using File Explorer. The issue is when selecting a sub directory in the left window, and then moving the cursor to the right window does not scroll the file list. If you scroll,...
  6. File Explorer annoying behavior

in Windows 10 Support
    File Explorer annoying behavior: Windows 10 Version 1909 (OS Build 18363.8.36) I'm new .. I've been looking through forum after forum and cannot find resolution to a specific problem. My job includes LOTS of email with attachments, and a couple of months ago, I began to notice annoying behavior that didn't...
  7. File Explorer is very slooooow

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    File Explorer is very slooooow: I am running W10 Pro on a new build PC with plenty of resources but still the File Explorer is very slow. Ive seen a hundred different opinions/posts about how to speed up File Explorer but I thought I'd ask the experts. Most of the files I deal with are videos. When I have...
  8. File explorer renamed to file explorer (1)

in Windows 10 Support
    File explorer renamed to file explorer (1): File explorer renamed to file explorer (1) After the update it renamed to (1) I forgot the folder where it’s stored to erase the duplicate. 122564
  9. Annoying Internet Explorer file...

in Browsers and Email
    Annoying Internet Explorer file...: (I don't use Internet Explorer, I've always had it 'disabled' in the 'Add/remove Windows Components' section...) Recently, I've noticed a file (see attached screenshot) that constantly keeps reappearing/regenerating itself even after cleaning (I use CCleaner). I just...
  10. File explorer annoyance

in Windows 10 Support
    File explorer annoyance: I took the option to upgrade from W7 quite early on and in the main I am a happy bunny - really liked W7/hated W8 although it had some meat features. I think W10 gives the best of both worlds but there is one thing that really bugs me ... triplication of folders showing in...