Windows 10: 1 week old computer with Windows 10 was working this morning, now when I try to sign in it...

Discus and support 1 week old computer with Windows 10 was working this morning, now when I try to sign in it... in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; new computer worked fine for two days. Worked fine this morning. Come back from lunch and cannot log on. Log on screen asks me for password for my... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by Bobby Dollar, Apr 29, 2019.

1. 1 week old computer with Windows 10 was working this morning, now when I try to sign in it...

new computer worked fine for two days. Worked fine this morning. Come back from lunch and cannot log on. Log on screen asks me for password for my microsoft acct and i even went in and changed the password to make sure I had it exact. Gives me incorrect password message.

:)

Bobby Dollar, Apr 29, 2019

2. Cortana NOT working. Cant sign into Microsoft account! Brand new computer, less then 24 hours old.

Hi Stacy,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand the inconvenience you are facing. Let me help you in resolving the issue.

I suggest you to sign out from your current user account, restart your system and try login again in your Microsoft Account.

Also you may refer the below link:

When you can't sign in to your Microsoft account.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-IN/windows-live/sign-in-cant

I also suggest you to follow the below suggested methods and check if it helps to resolve the issue.

Method 1: I suggest you to deploy the System file checker. System File checker (SFC) scan is done to check if there are any corrupted system files that could be causing this issue.
    Kindly follow the below given steps:

• Press Windows key + X, select
      Command prompt (Admin) to bring up elevated Command prompt.

• In Command prompt type
      sfc/scannow
      and press enter.
    • Restart the computer.
    Method 2: If no corrupted system files were found in the previous state, then I suggest you to try the following steps to employ the DISM command lines:

• Open command prompt by pressing Windows key + X and selecting “Command prompt admin”.

• In command prompt, type the following commands and press Enter after each command:
    DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Scanhealth

DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Cleanupimage

DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth

• Close the command prompt and restart the PC and check if it works.
    Keep us posted on Windows related queries and we will be happy to assist you further.

Nachappa C K, Apr 29, 2019
  3. Metro 2033 fails to work on windows 10!

I don't recall you mentioning any trouble shooting steps attempted though. At the very least, doing a quick search and checking threads like this very well may have solved it for you. It's listed as compatible on MS' list of games that work with W10 for a reason, because many if not most are able to get it running on W10. At least some level of workaround may be required, but some got it running without doing anything.

is anyone able to get it running on windows 10 :: BioShock General Discussions

Frag Maniac, Apr 29, 2019
  4. Ahhzz Win User

1 week old computer with Windows 10 was working this morning, now when I try to sign in it...

Windows 10 Tweaks

As you may already know, Windows 10 (as well as Windows 8) allow you to log in with a valid Microsoft account, instead of creating a local account that only works on your machine. However, you may prefer to keep a local account for privacy reasons. If you do, though, some Windows 10 features—like Cortana—may not work. Despite the default behavior, the Windows 10 Store is not one of them. You can still log in to your Microsoft account for just the Store without switching to a full Microsoft account. The process, however, is not terribly obvious. To do so, follow these steps:

• Launch the Store from your Start menu.
    • Click the user icon next to the search box.
    • Click “Sign-in” from the menu that appears.
    • Choose “Microsoft account” and log in like normal.
    • When the “Make it yours” box appears do not enter your password. Instead, click “Sign in to just this app instead.”
    from Lifehacker

Ahhzz, Apr 29, 2019
Thema:

1 week old computer with Windows 10 was working this morning, now when I try to sign in it...

1. 1 week old computer with Windows 10 was working this morning, now when I try to sign in it... - Similar Threads - week old computer

2. Year 10 - 1 week work experience

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Year 10 - 1 week work experience: Dear all,I'm in year 10 and need to have a 1 week work experience between 24 - 28th of June 2024.I was wondering if Microsoft offers one week work experience programme in London for 15 year olds Year 10. I'm taking computer science for GCSE's and would like an insight in to...
  3. Year 10 - 1 week work experience

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Year 10 - 1 week work experience: Dear all,I'm in year 10 and need to have a 1 week work experience between 24 - 28th of June 2024.I was wondering if Microsoft offers one week work experience programme in London for 15 year olds Year 10. I'm taking computer science for GCSE's and would like an insight in to...
  4. 0xA: IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL on 1 week old Lenovo

in Windows 10 Gaming
    0xA: IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL on 1 week old Lenovo: hi there I get a blue screen of dead message on my new laptop 0xA: IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL mini dump fileminidump.zipLenovo said it is a Microsoft software issue...
  5. 0xA: IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL on 1 week old Lenovo

0xA: IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL on 1 week old Lenovo: hi there I get a blue screen of dead message on my new laptop 0xA: IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL mini dump fileminidump.zipLenovo said it is a Microsoft software issue...
  6. My computer shuts off when I try to sign in

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    My computer shuts off when I try to sign in: Hi! So every time when my computer turns on, I try to sign in and it takes me to log into my Microsoft. I do so then it turns off and makes me do it multiple times over and over. I am not able to get into my computer.. I’ve tried turning it on and off.. please help!...
  7. My computer shuts off when I try to sign in

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My computer shuts off when I try to sign in: Hi! So every time when my computer turns on, I try to sign in and it takes me to log into my Microsoft. I do so then it turns off and makes me do it multiple times over and over. I am not able to get into my computer.. I’ve tried turning it on and off.. please help!...
  8. My computer shuts off when I try to sign in

9. My brand new laptop,1 week old suddenly now requests Activate windows,troubleshooting...

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    My brand new laptop,1 week old suddenly now requests Activate windows,troubleshooting...: My brand new Asus laptop bought last week now requesting activation? Troubleshooter doesnt assist at all.Did do a system reset recently https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-brand-new-laptop1-week-old-suddenly-now/e7fae825-638d-45b2-9161-8528551e0d30
  10. sudden BSOD, PC is like 1 week old

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    sudden BSOD, PC is like 1 week old: Hi, I ran to a BSOD with my 1 week old pc yesterday. The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck. The bugcheck was: 0x0000003b 0x00000000c0000005, 0xfffff80136520d1e, 0xffffe780c558f920, 0x0000000000000000. A dump was saved in: C:\Windows\MEMORY.DMP. Report Id:...