Windows 10: 1 year of different BSODs, almost at the point of giving up.

Discus and support 1 year of different BSODs, almost at the point of giving up. in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Built the pc back in september 2014 and I've struggled with BSOD's sporadicly since that. Some of the BSODs I've had since that: -SYSTEM_SERVICE... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Flytrapp, May 19, 2016.

1. Flytrapp Win User

1 year of different BSODs, almost at the point of giving up.

Built the pc back in september 2014 and I've struggled with BSOD's sporadicly since that.
    Some of the BSODs I've had since that:
    -SYSTEM_SERVICE EXCEPTION (win32kfull.sys)
    -DRIVER IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUAL (dxgmms2.sys)
    -CRICITAL STRUCTURE CORRUPTION
    -UNEXPECTED KERNAL MODE TRAP
    -VIDEO_MEMORY_MANAGEMENT_INTERNAL
    -SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED (dxgmms2.sys)
    -SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION
    -KMODE EXCEPTION NOT HANDLED

Log from the last week after a complete reinstall:
    Attachment 80782

I had 3 out of 4x 4GB ram modules die on me and I replaced them with new 2x 8GB ones.
    Reinstalled the computer twice with no Asus software on it currently and reinstalled display drivers with DDU a few times to no help.

In addition to BSODs or freezes where the picture freezes and the computer just makes a noise but no BSOD games often crash/close.

System
    MB: Asus Rampage V extreme
    Ram: Corsair vengeance 2x8GB
    CPU: i7 5930K
    GPU: ASUS Strix GTX 970
    SSD: Samsung EVO 840 500GB

Truly appreciate any help given

Sincerly
    Jan

:)

Flytrapp, May 19, 2016

2. Do I have to pay after completion of 1 year of the WIndows 10 upgrade?

Windows 10 will be free for the first year to all Windows 7, Windows 8.1 and Phone 8.1 users. This means, as long you upgrade within the first 12 months (July 29th 2015 to July 29th 2016), you will not have to pay for Windows 10 at all.

1 year of different BSODs, almost at the point of giving up. [​IMG]

Wow, thats cool, but does that mean, I will have to pay for Windows 10 after the first year?

No. Its a promotion to get as many users to upgrade their existing Windows 7 PCs and Windows 8.1 devices to Windows 10.
    Once you upgrade within the first year for free, its yours forever at no additional cost. As Microsoft Program Manager for Windows Terry Myerson described it:

This is more than a one-time upgrade: once a Windows device is upgraded to Windows 10, we will continue to keep it current for the supported lifetime of the device
    at no additional charge.

Source:
    http://blogs.windows.com/bloggingwindows/2015/01/21/the-next-generation-of-windows-windows-10/

I heard Microsoft representatives mention they are moving to a servicing model for Windows 10, does that mean Windows 10 is going to require a subscription?

No, Windows 10 remains a perpetual license, which means, you can upgrade to Windows 10 and use it forever without it expiring or going into any reduced functional mode.

Are you saying there will be no more versions of Windows after Windows 10?

Microsoft is moving Windows to a servicing model with Windows 10. The days of major revisions or what are called big bang releases are no more. As Microsoft Program Manager for Windows Terry Myerson described it:

This is more than a one-time upgrade: once a Windows device is upgraded to Windows 10, we will continue to keep it current for the supported lifetime of the device
    – at no additional charge. With Windows 10, the experience will evolve and get even better over time. We’ll deliver new features when they’re ready, not waiting for the next major release. We think of Windows as a Service
    – in fact, one could reasonably think of Windows in the next couple of years as one of the largest Internet services on the planet.

And just like any Internet service, the idea of asking "What version are you on?" will cease to make sense
    – which is great news for our Windows developers.

Source: The next generation of Windows: Windows 10 - Windows Experience Blog

Why is Windows 10 free, is there some catch?

No, its not a catch. We are computing in different times. Windows 10 is free so app developers can standardize on one platform and reduce the fragmented market of different versions and editions of Windows that have been an issue in the past. When everybody
    is on the same platform, it means better quality apps, a healthier ecosystem and more advances in hardware and software innovation.

Andre Da Costa, May 19, 2016
  3. Do I have to pay after completion of 1 year of the WIndows 10 upgrade?

and its updates will be free too?? or any other price will we have to pay??

harmanmokha, May 19, 2016
  4. axe0 New Member

Hi Flytrapp,

Welcome to the 10forums *Smile

Please install Samsung Magician and check for firmware updates for your SSD.

Please update the BIOS to version 3101 & check for driver updates for the Intel LAN driver.
    RAMPAGE V EXTREME | Motherboards | ASUS Global

Code: ffffd001`b77b1688 fffff800`412fb6dbUnable to load image \SystemRoot\System32\drivers\e1i63x64.sys, Win32 error 0n2 *** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for e1i63x64.sys *** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for e1i63x64.sys e1i63x64+0x1b6db 9: kd> lmvm e1i63x64 Browse full module list start end module name fffff800`412e0000 fffff800`41359000 e1i63x64 T (no symbols) Loaded symbol image file: e1i63x64.sys Image path: \SystemRoot\System32\drivers\e1i63x64.sys Image name: e1i63x64.sys Browse all global symbols functions data Timestamp: Thu Mar 26 21:24:57 2015 (55146B19) CheckSum: 00081A0A ImageSize: 00079000 Translations: 0000.04b0 0000.04e4 0409.04b0 0409.04e4[/quote] Please make sure that you seat the memory properly according to the user manual of your motherboard.
    The memory is seated in dimm_A1 & dimm_B1, according to the manual it is better to seat the memory in dimm_A1 & dimm_C1
    Attachment 80790

Please fill in your system specsPlease follow this tutorial and download the tool. The tool will give you detailed information about your system specs, please fill in your system specs more completely including PSU, cooling system & other used stuff. PSU, cooling system & other used stuff are not mentioned in the tool.How to fill in your system specs:

5. Flytrapp Win User
    Hello axe0.

Thank you, and thank you for your reply.

done, done, done and done
    current log: Attachment 80813

No crashes yet, but due to visitors I cant really test untill later.

Flytrapp, May 19, 2016
  6. axe0 New Member
    No new log is requested until another BSOD has occured *Smile

7. Flytrapp Win User
    Since trying this out I've had 2 shutdowns (like someone just pushed the restart button) but no logs in he minidump folder.

Flytrapp, May 23, 2016
  8. axe0 New Member

A BSOD is the only crash that creates a dump.

9. Flytrapp Win User
    keeps on happening.
    So at this point my only option is to replace the Motherboard?

Flytrapp, May 26, 2016
  10. axe0 New Member
    Why do you think so?
    What have you done so far for troubleshooting?

I need some more information about the problem to help you troubleshoot it.
    What are the temperatures idle & under load?

11. Flytrapp Win User
    At Idle:
    Attachment 82766

During stresstesting in Aida64 (CPU, RAM, disks and GPU)
    Attachment 82764

Seems like all fans are running at low, and I have had some problems with the NZXT cam software that controlls the CPU cooler so I have uninstalled it.

Flytrapp, May 31, 2016
  12. axe0 New Member
    Could you answer my questions please *Smile

13. Flytrapp Win User

Oh sorry forgot to answer the troubleshooting question.

+the things you mentioned earlier to remove the bsods.

Replaced the ram, reinstalled windows, and aircleaned the system to remove dust and lower temps.

Why I think I need to replace the MB is basicly just beeing tired of the errors and I know no nother options.

Flytrapp, May 31, 2016
  14. axe0 New Member
    BSODs have varies of causes, replacing the mobo is most of the times not a solution that helps and is a very last resort which normally only applies when everything else is ruled out.

Here are 'a few' questions:
    • Have you tried to reseat the GPU or seat it into a different slot?
    • Have you tried different cabling and/or reconnecting the cables?
    • Have you checked the 3.3v, 5v and 12v values in the BIOS?
    • Have you done stress tests for the GPU and CPU?
    • Have you ran tests for the HDD/SSD?
    • Have you tried to reset the BIOS settings by loading the optimal default settings?
    • Is there anything overclocked? If there is has the system been tested without any overclocking present?
    • Is the PSU tested?
    • Have you taken a look at the connections of the drives & cabling for any damage?
    • Have you taken a look at the slots to see if there is any damage?
    • Have you checked if the CPU is physically damaged?
    • Are all cables properly connected?

15. Flytrapp Win User
    • Have you tried to reseat the GPU or seat it into a different slot? No, but will do, but if this is an issue the MB would be bad.
    • Have you tried different cabling and/or reconnecting the cables? Changed from stock to corsairs individually sleeved, no difference.
    • Have you checked the 3.3v, 5v and 12v values in the BIOS? +12.000V, +5,040V and +3.296V
    • Have you done stress tests for the GPU and CPU? - Yes. no problems during the test.
    • Have you ran tests for the HDD/SSD? Yes
    • Have you tried to reset the BIOS settings by loading the optimal default settings? Tried reloading settings and loading standard OC settings.
    • Is there anything overclocked? If there is has the system been tested without any overclocking present? Kept it without an overclock due to unstability.
    • Is the PSU tested? No
    • Have you taken a look at the connections of the drives & cabling for any damage? Everything looks good.
    • Have you taken a look at the slots to see if there is any damage? RAM/PCIE looks ok
    • Have you checked if the CPU is physically damaged? no.
    • Are all cables properly connected? Yes

Flytrapp, May 31, 2016
Thema:

1. 1 year of different BSODs, almost at the point of giving up. - Similar Threads - different BSODs almost

2. BSOD's for almost a year, I'm begging for help, please

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD's for almost a year, I'm begging for help, please: Hello all, I am Brian, I have had this laptop for about 3 ish years now and have been getting blue screens and black screens that are getting progressively more common. I really should have done something about this earlier before it got this bad, but here I am now, live and...
  3. BSOD's for almost a year, I'm begging for help, please

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BSOD's for almost a year, I'm begging for help, please: Hello all, I am Brian, I have had this laptop for about 3 ish years now and have been getting blue screens and black screens that are getting progressively more common. I really should have done something about this earlier before it got this bad, but here I am now, live and...
  4. Almost daily BSODs with different stop codes.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Almost daily BSODs with different stop codes.: Hi!I'll admit I'm kind of at my wit's end. I'm no tech wiz but I know my way around a computer.I've been experiencing for a few weeks now almost daily BSODs with different stpo codes today it happened twice!I copied the minidumps in a zip here's the...
  5. Almost daily BSODs with different stop codes.

Almost daily BSODs with different stop codes.: Hi!I'll admit I'm kind of at my wit's end. I'm no tech wiz but I know my way around a computer.I've been experiencing for a few weeks now almost daily BSODs with different stpo codes today it happened twice!I copied the minidumps in a zip here's the...
  6. Almost daily BSODs with different stop codes.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. I receive a different BSOD error almost everyday and I don't know what to do at this point

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I receive a different BSOD error almost everyday and I don't know what to do at this point: I've been experiencing this issue for probably around a year now. I think I've reinstalled windows 10 twice during this time, but this only helped temporarily. In due time, the crashes come back, and I'm stuck not knowing how to fix them. What continues to happen is the...
  8. I receive a different BSOD error almost everyday and I don't know what to do at this point

I receive a different BSOD error almost everyday and I don't know what to do at this point: I've been experiencing this issue for probably around a year now. I think I've reinstalled windows 10 twice during this time, but this only helped temporarily. In due time, the crashes come back, and I'm stuck not knowing how to fix them. What continues to happen is the...
  9. BSODs while gaming (+1 year)

BSODs while gaming (+1 year): Hi guys, This is my first post on these forums as I am growing impatiently with my build. As you can read in the title I get various BSODs while gaming, including: APC_INDEX_MISMATCH, IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL, BAD_POOL_HEADER SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION ... I have had those...
  10. BSOD ALMOST EVERY DAY, DIFFERENT ERRORS

BSOD ALMOST EVERY DAY, DIFFERENT ERRORS: I have an Asus Strix laptop with windows 10 Home. After using the PC or leave it powered on for more than 5 hours, it is getting Blue screen... It is really annoying. Updated all the drivers, windows patches, bios, memory check, remove the AV and reinstall a new one -...