Windows 10: 10/20 Win10 Update knocked off Intel Wireless Network Adapter

Discus and support 10/20 Win10 Update knocked off Intel Wireless Network Adapter in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I recently performed the update for Windows 10. Wireless Network Adapter vanished. I followed the directions that I found online: from Device Manager,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by JenniferYov, Nov 24, 2020.

1. 10/20 Win10 Update knocked off Intel Wireless Network Adapter

I recently performed the update for Windows 10. Wireless Network Adapter vanished. I followed the directions that I found online:

from Device Manager, show hidden files, uninstalled network adapter, reboot, and it was there. But every time I restart my laptop, it's groundhog day. I did an update to Intel drivers. The past two days, I have uninstalled the Intel adapter, rebooted and it disappears altogether. I can't remember how I get it back.

:)

JenniferYov, Nov 24, 2020

2. Wireless Adapter not working

Hi Nabil,

Thank you for keeping us updated on this query. We will assist you in resolving your issue.

Method 1:

Step 1: Update network adapter driver from the device manager by following the steps below and check if the issue is resolved.

• Press Windows key + X keys on the keyboard and click on
      Device Manager from the options.
    • Expand the Network adapters from the options.
    • Right click on the wireless network card and select Update option.
    • Restart the computer and check if the changes are effective.
    Step 2: If the issue persist, I suggest you to uninstall the network adapter driver from the device manager by following the steps below and check if the issue is resolved.
    • Press Windows key + X keys on the keyboard and click on
      Device Manager from the options.
    • Expand the Network adapters from the options.
    • Right click on the wireless network card and select Uninstall.
    • Restart the computer for automatic installation of network adapters and check if the changes are effective.

Hope this helps !

We are happy to assist you with any issues pertaining to Windows.

Thank you.

Likhitha V, Nov 24, 2020
  3. rl3james Win User
    Wireless Adapter not working

Similar problem with Wireless connecting but continually dropping connection under Windows 10. Generally worked flawlessly under previous Windows 8.1 for quite some time.

Noticed a couple new Win10 things;

• NIC Drivers changed from Win8.1 v15.10.3.2 Win10 v15.16.0.2

Is this correct and/or the problem?
    • Under "Device Manager -> Network Adapters" the NIC is listed as "Intel Centrino Wireless N-2230 #2"

Why the "#2" suffix? Is that correct and/or a problem?
    So far at least, network connection under Win10 works fine when cabled to the router.

Thanks,

Bob

rl3james, Nov 24, 2020
  4. SJMaye Win User

10/20 Win10 Update knocked off Intel Wireless Network Adapter

Cannot turn on wireless adapter after clean install of Win10

A couple years ago I upgraded my brother's Lenovo T420 Thinkpad from Win7 to Win10. All went well. No issues at all. Skip to present. For some reason the system would not boot to Windows. I opted to do a clean install. That went without issue, except now I cannot seem to turn on the wireless adapter / radio.

• Windows Wifi settings radio is ON
    • Checked physical switch on side - ON
    • Checked BIOS - Nothing there
    • Checked Wireless ON/Off function key. They seem to work with other functions. Just do not turn on or off the wireless radio.
    • Went to Intel website and installed latest driver for the adapter
    • Went to Lenovo website. They do not offer Windows 10 support/driver etc for this model. When I try using their automated scanner to select the correct drivers and utilities it locks up. I assume because I am running Win10 and Win10 is not supported.
    • Since the original WIn7 x64 drivers and utilities worked before I was going to manually download and install, but their nomenclature is confusing. Software is listed Thinkpad, Laptop, Desktop, ThinkCentre. This is a Thinkpad laptop. Which do I download?

The bottom line is that the wireless adapter worked fine after upgrade from Win7, but will not turn on since the clean install of Win10.

Does anyone have any suggestions other than tell my brother I broke his laptop *Eek

SJMaye, Nov 24, 2020
Thema:

10/20 Win10 Update knocked off Intel Wireless Network Adapter

1. 10/20 Win10 Update knocked off Intel Wireless Network Adapter - Similar Threads - Win10 Update knocked

2. Wireless Network adapter

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Wireless Network adapter: Hi I tried to unistall my wireless network adapter via device manager, but after restarting my laptop it didn’t reinstall the wirelesd network adapter so I can not connect to any wifi-network. Can someone please help me? Thanks in advance...
  3. Wireless Network adapter

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Wireless Network adapter: I recently had trouble with my Realtek 8821ae wireless LAN 802.11ac PCI-e nic. Every hour or so my internet would get cut out and it would be a massive problem. The only way I could fix this is by restarting my computer only to face the same problem again. My computer is a...
  4. Intel network adapter Windows Update

Intel network adapter Windows Update: On WIndows 10 Prof 2004 19041.508. There was a driver update for my Intel 1211 Gigabit card titled "Intel Net 12.18.11.1." I installed it and started having big problems with the connection speed tanking and not being able to get to web sites. Initially I thought there was...
  5. Wireless network adapters

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Wireless network adapters: The wifi card i have in my custom built PC is a qualcomm atheros QCA61x4, and recently it hasn't been working. For the past few months I've been utilizing a wired connection, but I moved and now use wifi, but I cannot detect any networks and therefore can't use the internet...
  6. Wireless network adapter

Wireless network adapter: I’ve been having an issue with my wireless network adapter connecting to the internet and someone suggested I uninstall and reinstall the driver, how do I do this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wireless-network-adapter/e98fabae-08f3-462b-94b0-c977ed9b8d29
  7. wireless network adapter

wireless network adapter: my wireless network adapter keeps disconnecting i've taken all the recommended steps so far but have had no success fixing the problem. Other devices work fine on it, ethernet works fine on the device in question but wireless connection disconnects over and over and over...
  8. Wireless Network Adapter

Wireless Network Adapter: Acer Laptop, O/S: win 10 64 bit, the Qualcomm Atheros Wireless Network adapter is not working; tried to reinstall driver but failed (error 10). What can I do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wireless-network-adapter/e5121563-83e5-4bba-9296-23feb77f6b12
  9. Intel Wireless Adapter Randomly Turns Off, Disappears

Intel Wireless Adapter Randomly Turns Off, Disappears: For about a week now, I have had issues with my Intel(R) Dual Band Wireless-AC 3165 adapter randomly turning off. Sometimes it will turn back on within a minute or two, other times not. When this happens, it disappears from the system when you go thru the Control Panel...
  10. No wireless network adapter

No wireless network adapter: I have a Microsoft Surface Go in S mode with no wireless internet driver. How do I resolve this issue? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-networking/no-wireless-network-adapter/347e8aea-f3aa-4922-98b5-805beae67dfe