Windows 10: 10 antivirus in c drive suddenly and cannot remove them

Discus and support 10 antivirus in c drive suddenly and cannot remove them in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hi, I have installed the new window 10 and updated it a few weeks ago. All the default defenders and protection were activated. Today suddenly I saw in... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Mahdi Islam Ayon, Nov 6, 2020.

1. 10 antivirus in c drive suddenly and cannot remove them

Hi,
    I have installed the new window 10 and updated it a few weeks ago. All the default defenders and protection were activated. Today suddenly I saw in my C drive there are 2 new folders. Here it is eset.temp and PerfLogs.

10 antivirus in c drive suddenly and cannot remove them 334e849f-ff18-45a3-8ed8-e3e55c87eea9?upload=true.png

I tried to open them and it gave me these.

10 antivirus in c drive suddenly and cannot remove them c3680ee4-b250-4434-b97e-a898e24531f5?upload=true.png

I am the only user and admin. Still I pressed Continue and showed this,

10 antivirus in c drive suddenly and cannot remove them 7dcfb4f0-ed15-46a7-827e-1b99f4b8dc58?upload=true.png

The story didnt stopped there. In Program Files and Program Files x86 I found these,

10 antivirus in c drive suddenly and cannot remove them ff097fe8-7107-48cb-9c2a-789a7580ca6e?upload=true.png 10 antivirus in c drive suddenly and cannot remove them 01a5c042-be23-47fc-86ab-f8ddbdcff056?upload=true.png

10/12 antivirus named folder that I did not even download late alone install. I cound not found them in task manager running nor in installed software. Again when I tried to open or delete access denied.

These are pictures from defender and update,

10 antivirus in c drive suddenly and cannot remove them cce74e75-4a8f-4471-b295-102e94348108?upload=true.png

10 antivirus in c drive suddenly and cannot remove them 131f009f-876d-471a-879b-a09581a5985a?upload=true.png

Please help. Last time 2 months ago, when it happened I reinstalled windows. Now it again hit me.

:)

Mahdi Islam Ayon, Nov 6, 2020

2. Im having a Repair C drive Errors.

Try This

Follow these steps to repair corrupt hard disk without formatting, and get back the data.

1. Step 1: Run Antivirus Scan. Connect the hard drive to a Windows PC and use a reliable antivirus/malware tool to scan the drive or the system. ...
    2. Step 2: Run CHKDSK Scan. ...
    3. Step 3: Run SFC Scan. ...
    4. Step 4: Use a Data Recovery Tool.

Anthony'sHelping Hands, Nov 6, 2020
  3. thomaseg1 Win User
    What's eating up my \C: drive?

From the list above you haven't used storage sense or disk clean.
    $GetCurrent is upgrade files which can be cleared with either .

for
    • Step 1: Press Windows+Pause Break key to open System and choose System protection.
    • Step 2: Select the hard disk whose system protection is on, and click Configure.
    • Step 3: Tap the Delete button.
    • Step 4: Choose Continue to remove all restore points on the selected drive.
    restore points (system volume)

thomaseg1, Nov 6, 2020
  4. Anak Win User

10 antivirus in c drive suddenly and cannot remove them

Optical Drive Issue

Hi Jerry, you're welcome.

Here's mine after I rt clk'd on my Documents Folder like you show in Scrsht 11:

10 antivirus in c drive suddenly and cannot remove them [​IMG]

I'd like to wait until you reply to my question in Scrsht 12, if it is a remnant of the process try deleting the one on the dsktp and see if the one in send to also disappears. If it stays in send to, test it, and if you're still having problems I'd suggest you could go back to: Option One: To Add or Remove Items in Send To context menu for Your Account (current user) and do Step 3 to remove it and start over using Step 4 but be very careful of your steps in creating the shortcut and be sure you d&d that shortcut to the send to part of the address.

I'm busy today and I probably won't be back until the evening.

Anak, Nov 6, 2020
Thema:

10 antivirus in c drive suddenly and cannot remove them

1. 10 antivirus in c drive suddenly and cannot remove them - Similar Threads - antivirus drive suddenly

2. C: DRIVE SUDDENLY ALMOST FULL

in Windows 10 Gaming
    C: DRIVE SUDDENLY ALMOST FULL: Yesterday my C: Drive had 20.7gb free out of 110gb, but today suddenly it shows 6.7gb free out of 110gb, the available disk space keeps changing, like sometimes its 9gb sometimes its 6gb, i have used SFC /Scannow, Dism restorehealth, and i have checked if there is any virus...
  3. C: DRIVE SUDDENLY ALMOST FULL

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    C: DRIVE SUDDENLY ALMOST FULL: Yesterday my C: Drive had 20.7gb free out of 110gb, but today suddenly it shows 6.7gb free out of 110gb, the available disk space keeps changing, like sometimes its 9gb sometimes its 6gb, i have used SFC /Scannow, Dism restorehealth, and i have checked if there is any virus...
  4. C: DRIVE SUDDENLY ALMOST FULL

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. C Drive Suddenly appeared as Windows Drive instead of C.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    C Drive Suddenly appeared as Windows Drive instead of C.: The system still works but why does Explorer show the drive as Windows now? See picture. This is on a Surface Pro 3 running Win 10. Is there some way to correct the label so it shows as the C Drive again?...
  6. C Drive Suddenly appeared as Windows Drive instead of C.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    C Drive Suddenly appeared as Windows Drive instead of C.: The system still works but why does Explorer show the drive as Windows now? See picture. This is on a Surface Pro 3 running Win 10. Is there some way to correct the label so it shows as the C Drive again?...
  7. C Drive Suddenly appeared as Windows Drive instead of C.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. C drive is suddenly full

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    C drive is suddenly full: Hello, I'm running Windows 10 (version 2004). Today I was using my laptop as I normally do, and suddenly I got a notification from windows letting me know it turned on Storage Sense. I found it very silly as I knew I had more than 50gb of free disk space on my C drive. My C...
  9. C:\WindowsApp cannot be removed.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    C:\WindowsApp cannot be removed.: We were changing our boot drive and now our secondary drive is our boot drive, the issue is there is a windowsapp folder that is taking up 112 gigabytes on the computer, and the computer is saying “cannot find c:\windowsapps” and whatnot. I’ve tried to change permissions on...
  10. C drive suddenly changed to E drive

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    C drive suddenly changed to E drive: The computer wouldn't boot, after checking in the Command Prompt it became clear that the C drive was now the E drive. The computer won't boot (or even open in Safe Mode). What happened? How can this be fixed?...