Windows 10: 10 BSOD in 24 hours

Discus and support 10 BSOD in 24 hours in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Windows version 1909, HP Spectre x360 Alright, so I should preface this by saying I know next to nothing about the internal workings of a computer. It... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by adriswindow, May 20, 2020.

1. 10 BSOD in 24 hours

Windows version 1909, HP Spectre x360

Alright, so I should preface this by saying I know next to nothing about the internal workings of a computer. It took me over an hour to set up windbg, including having to figure out why the tutorial commands weren't working (TIL: powershell and command prompt aren't the same thing, and are not necessarily interchangeable!)

After much googling and tutorial-following, I finally got windbg configured, and was able to analyze the most recent crash dump. I analyzed one last night, and the one this morning, and got the following results:

BSOD crash dump analysis - Google Docs

Apparently a different driver crash in each of them. Would this signal that it's not actually a driver issue but something else triggering the drivers to crash?

I already updated my display adapter drivers. Nothing changed.

The BSOD seems to happen every time I’m running a resource-heavy program, like Adobe Photoshop Lightroom, Adobe Premiere Pro, or LR Timelapse. So far no issue with just running Chrome and a few other small apps like windbg, settings, etc.

I tried changing my power settings, as some tutorials recommend for the recent driver crash, but for some reason I have limited options compared to what tutorials show that I should have

10 BSOD in 24 hours [​IMG]

Reliability report from yesterday

And from today

What is my next step here? Since my partner and I make all of our income with photo and video work, it’s essential that we get this fixed ASAP. Any advice is appreciated! Thanks guys 10 BSOD in 24 hours :)

:)

adriswindow, May 20, 2020

2. Windows 10. 12 to 24 hours

Hi Sandra,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

To change the time format from 12 hour to 24 hour in Windows 10.

Follow the steps:

• Navigate to Control panel.
    • In the category view of the control panel, click on the
      ‘Change date, time, or number formats’.
    • Change the short time to HH:mm from the drop down.
    • Press Apply to make the changes.
    • Now your time format will change to 24 hour format.
    Hope this helps, let us know if you need further assistance.

Rakesh Narayanaswamy, May 20, 2020
  3. Multiple BSOD in last 24 hours

I've received several BSODs in the last 24 hours.

I'm not sure if an automatic update could be a cause.

Sometimes, my laptop will remain stable for up to 30 minutes, other times I can't get past the log in screen.

The BSODs that I've received are:

• PFN LIST CORRUPT
    • IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUAL
    • SYSTEM SERVICE EXCEPTION
    • PAGE FAULT IN NONPAGED AREA (FLTMGR.SYS)
    • FAST RESOURCE PRECONDITION VIOLATION
    • SYSTEM THREAD EXCEPTION NOT HANDLED (FLTMGR.SYS)
    • KERNEL AUTO BOOT LOCK ACQUISITION WITH RAISED IRQL
    • REFERENCE BY POINTER
    • INVALID PROCESS DETATCH ATTEMPT
    • SYSTEM SERVICE EXCEPTION
    • DRIVER OVERRAN STACK BUFFER
    • KMODE EXCEPTION NOT HANDLED
    • RESOURCE NOT OWNED
    • KERNEL MODE HEAP CORRUPTION
    Is my best option to reinstall Win 10?

Running on a Dell Inspiron 11 3000 series.

Thank you.

Paul

PaulD'Amato, May 20, 2020
  4. Im_Salty Win User

10 BSOD in 24 hours

Two BSODS in 24 Hours

Hello everyone.

So recently I got 2 Bsods in 24 Hours. It's really weird since I don't get that very often.

The first bsod I got was when I was randomly surfing through the Internet

The second when I just started up Windows

The build is Windows 10 1909 18363.535

First Dump File Click

Second Dump File Click

Im_Salty, May 20, 2020
Thema:

10 BSOD in 24 hours

1. 10 BSOD in 24 hours - Similar Threads - BSOD hours

2. ntosknrl.exe BSOD after 30 minutes to multiple hours of pc running

in Windows 10 Gaming
    ntosknrl.exe BSOD after 30 minutes to multiple hours of pc running: My pc will run fine for only a half hour or up to hours on end, but it will eventually bluescreen. I recently upgraded my cpu, and the BSOD happened the day after and continues to happen, not sure if thats the issue. I'd suspect my PC not be able to run if it had to do with...
  3. ntosknrl.exe BSOD after 30 minutes to multiple hours of pc running

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    ntosknrl.exe BSOD after 30 minutes to multiple hours of pc running: My pc will run fine for only a half hour or up to hours on end, but it will eventually bluescreen. I recently upgraded my cpu, and the BSOD happened the day after and continues to happen, not sure if thats the issue. I'd suspect my PC not be able to run if it had to do with...
  4. ntosknrl.exe BSOD after 30 minutes to multiple hours of pc running

in Windows 10 Gaming
    ntosknrl.exe BSOD after 30 minutes to multiple hours of pc running: It started a day after I upgraded my CPU but im not sure if that has anything to do with it. I've tried sfc scan, chkdsk, windows startup repair, etc....
  5. ntosknrl.exe BSOD after 30 minutes to multiple hours of pc running

ntosknrl.exe BSOD after 30 minutes to multiple hours of pc running: It started a day after I upgraded my CPU but im not sure if that has anything to do with it. I've tried sfc scan, chkdsk, windows startup repair, etc....
  6. Memory_Management BSOD at least once an hour

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Memory_Management BSOD at least once an hour: My Windows 10 computer has recently started giving me the BSOD a lot and has primarily given me the stop code "memory_management" I've occasionally gotten page_fault_in_nonpaged_area, system_service_exception, and system_thread_exception_not_handled as well but it is almost...
  7. Memory_Management BSOD at least once an hour

Memory_Management BSOD at least once an hour: My Windows 10 computer has recently started giving me the BSOD a lot and has primarily given me the stop code "memory_management" I've occasionally gotten page_fault_in_nonpaged_area, system_service_exception, and system_thread_exception_not_handled as well but it is almost...
  8. Memory_Management BSOD at least once an hour

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  9. BSOD every hour from ntoskrnl.exe and Kernel-Power

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD every hour from ntoskrnl.exe and Kernel-Power: My laptop Lenovo Ideapad Flex 5, running Windows 11 is currently experiencing a BSOD every half hour that it is on. I made a list of the BSODs in Event Viewer, and it shows the time, cause, and some other info regarding the bluescreens. Here's the most recent ones. All of the...
  10. BSOD every hour from ntoskrnl.exe and Kernel-Power

BSOD every hour from ntoskrnl.exe and Kernel-Power: My laptop Lenovo Ideapad Flex 5, running Windows 11 is currently experiencing a BSOD every half hour that it is on. I made a list of the BSODs in Event Viewer, and it shows the time, cause, and some other info regarding the bluescreens. Here's the most recent ones. All of the...