Windows 10: 10 Crashing Randomly and During Updates and File Downloads

Discus and support 10 Crashing Randomly and During Updates and File Downloads in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; This is a re-post from here. I have a Windows 10 PC that I run 24/7. I have Windows Updates disabled through the Group Policy Editor. I still perform... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Naby, Aug 29, 2019.

1. Naby Win User

10 Crashing Randomly and During Updates and File Downloads

This is a re-post from here.

I have a Windows 10 PC that I run 24/7. I have Windows Updates disabled through the Group Policy Editor. I still perform updates manually every few days. Windows Defender updates work fine. Other Windows updates cause the PC to crash, no BSOD or anything, it just turns off. I've looked for 1074, 6006, and 6008 event log files to explain why and I haven't been able to find anything.

Other times the computer just randomly crashes and also sometimes when downloading files. The symptom is the same, I check on it and find it powered down or it just shuts off while I'm using it. It boots back up fine and I see no cause listed in the event logs.

I have been through the 3 tests suggested to me on the old thread. SMART looked good, memtest ran for 33 hours for 8 passes with no errors, and prime was run for 3 hours with no errors.

I think the next step was to run V2 Log collector, that data is attached.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks,
    Chris

:)

2. DRDNA Win User

Windows 10 Creators Update Available for Download

Not sure about the games you listed but no probs with Dirt Rally and benching heavensward-bench here for me. I'm going to test 3DMark too in a few minutes.

DRDNA, Aug 29, 2019
  3. Windows 10 forced download

To stop the download, uninstall the KB3035583 update (under "Control Panel > Windows Update > Installed Updates").

To get rid of the C:\$Windows.~BT folder:
    • Right-click on your C: drive.
    • Select "Properties".
    • Click on [ Disk Cleanup ]
    • After the initial scan: If you have a [ Clean up system files ] button, click it and wait for the second scan to finish.
    • Scroll down the list and look for "Temporary Windows installation files" (its size should be in the gigabytes range); check the box.
    • Click on [ OK ] to start the clean-up.

Static~Charge, Aug 29, 2019
  4. m4gicfour Win User

Windows 10 forced download

^This, then reboot and go to manually update windows. Find KB3035583 in the list of available updates, right-click and "Hide this update" so it doesn't get installed again next go around.

m4gicfour, Aug 29, 2019
Thema:

1. 10 Crashing Randomly and During Updates and File Downloads - Similar Threads - Crashing Randomly During

2. Games randomly crash during playtime

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Games randomly crash during playtime: Specs:Windows 11Processor: AMD Ryzen 7 7700X GPU: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080 Memory: Corsair Vengeance 32gb 5600mhz DDR5SSD: Samsung 990PRO 2TB M.2PSU: Corsair RM850x Modular 80+--------------------------------------------My games randomly crash whilst I'm in a game, it appears...
  3. Games randomly crash during playtime

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Games randomly crash during playtime: Specs:Windows 11Processor: AMD Ryzen 7 7700X GPU: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080 Memory: Corsair Vengeance 32gb 5600mhz DDR5SSD: Samsung 990PRO 2TB M.2PSU: Corsair RM850x Modular 80+--------------------------------------------My games randomly crash whilst I'm in a game, it appears...
  4. Random crashing during gaming

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Random crashing during gaming: Hello everyone!I have recently bought a new laptop a week ago and strangely whenever I start playing any game in random intervals the game will suddenly crash. The screen freezes and the audio become very choppy. I have no control over the computer and cannot even access task...
  5. Random crashing during gaming

Random crashing during gaming: Hello everyone!I have recently bought a new laptop a week ago and strangely whenever I start playing any game in random intervals the game will suddenly crash. The screen freezes and the audio become very choppy. I have no control over the computer and cannot even access task...
  6. Windows crashes during download

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows crashes during download: Hello,I have been experiencing an issue lately: whenever I download a bigger file my PC crashes after downloading around 6 to 8 gb. It doesnt matter if I install it from the browser or from a client like ubisoft or steam. I looked at the eventviewer and saw an issue that a...
  7. Windows crashes during download

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows crashes during download: Hello,I have been experiencing an issue lately: whenever I download a bigger file my PC crashes after downloading around 6 to 8 gb. It doesnt matter if I install it from the browser or from a client like ubisoft or steam. I looked at the eventviewer and saw an issue that a...
  8. Windows crashes during download

9. Crash during update

in Windows 10 Support
    Crash during update: my system crashed during an insider up ate and now cannot boot, I'm thinking something messes up the MBR and don't remember how to fix it. I have to go to this screen to boot. Samsung was my boot drive. [img] [img] 149166
  10. 10 Crashing Randomly and During Updates

in Windows 10 Support
    10 Crashing Randomly and During Updates: I have a Windows 10 PC that I run 24/7. I have Windows Updates disabled through the Group Policy Editor. I still perform updates manually every few days. Windows Defender updates work fine. Other Windows updates cause the PC to crash, no BSOD or anything, it just turns off....