Windows 10: 10 Crashing Randomly and During Updates

Discus and support 10 Crashing Randomly and During Updates in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I have a Windows 10 PC that I run 24/7. I have Windows Updates disabled through the Group Policy Editor. I still perform updates manually every few... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Naby, Apr 10, 2019.

1. Naby Win User

10 Crashing Randomly and During Updates

I have a Windows 10 PC that I run 24/7. I have Windows Updates disabled through the Group Policy Editor. I still perform updates manually every few days. Windows Defender updates work fine. Other Windows updates cause the PC to crash, no BSOD or anything, it just turns off. I've looked for 1074, 6006, and 6008 event log files to explain why and I haven't been able to find anything.

Other times the computer just randomly crashes. The symptom is the same, I check on it and find it powered down. It boots back up fine and I see no cause listed in the logs.

I don't want to just randomly start doing things without having some idea as to a cause. Is there anyway I can determine the cause or do I just need to start addressing most likely causes one at a time? If the latter option is the solution which things should I check or do first?

Thanks,
    Chris

:)

2. peach1971 Win User

all games crash!

I suggest you run rthdribl > http://www.daionet.gr.jp/~masa/archives/rthdribl_1_2.zip
    Increase the window size step by step and watch your vga temps permanently.
    What happens?
    If it crashes, run at stock speeds as suggested before and retry.

P.S.: When your system locks, does the display signal turn off after a time?
    Stuttering sound or no sound at all when freezing?
    What X1800XT model do you own exactly?

peach1971, Apr 10, 2019
  3. Windows 10 freezes randomly

Hi,

To better assist you regarding Windows 10 which freezes randomly, please provide the following:

• Which is the last Windows update build you've applied to the computer?
    • Are there any third party applications that are currently installed?
    Furthermore, we suggest that you do a BIOS update to your computer. Here are the steps:

• Check the motherboard manufacturer's website to find the specific model of your motherboard.
    • Go to the computer manufacturer's website.
    • Look for the computer model that you're using.
    • You should find any available BIOS update.

Let us know how it goes.

PreciousLeb, Apr 10, 2019
  4. Naki Win User

GPU-Z 0.8.7 crash on launch

W1zzard is asking you to test so that he can suggest next steps and be able to troubleshoot the issue you have.
    If another version works, it would be one set of steps.
    If several other versions also fail/crash, then it would be another.

Thema:

1. 10 Crashing Randomly and During Updates - Similar Threads - Crashing Randomly During

2. Games randomly crash during playtime

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Games randomly crash during playtime: Specs:Windows 11Processor: AMD Ryzen 7 7700X GPU: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080 Memory: Corsair Vengeance 32gb 5600mhz DDR5SSD: Samsung 990PRO 2TB M.2PSU: Corsair RM850x Modular 80+--------------------------------------------My games randomly crash whilst I'm in a game, it appears...
  3. Games randomly crash during playtime

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Games randomly crash during playtime: Specs:Windows 11Processor: AMD Ryzen 7 7700X GPU: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080 Memory: Corsair Vengeance 32gb 5600mhz DDR5SSD: Samsung 990PRO 2TB M.2PSU: Corsair RM850x Modular 80+--------------------------------------------My games randomly crash whilst I'm in a game, it appears...
  4. Random crashing during gaming

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Random crashing during gaming: Hello everyone!I have recently bought a new laptop a week ago and strangely whenever I start playing any game in random intervals the game will suddenly crash. The screen freezes and the audio become very choppy. I have no control over the computer and cannot even access task...
  5. Random crashing during gaming

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Random crashing during gaming: Hello everyone!I have recently bought a new laptop a week ago and strangely whenever I start playing any game in random intervals the game will suddenly crash. The screen freezes and the audio become very choppy. I have no control over the computer and cannot even access task...
  6. Computer crashed during Windows 10 update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Computer crashed during Windows 10 update: My CPU crashed while doing updating an Microsoft Windows 10 through Security > Updates. This was not a normal update, it appeared under the normal updates, so I call it Windows 10 update. So unfortunately, the computer moved to Sleep because I was out of the room for some...
  7. Random Black Screen Crash during gaming

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Random Black Screen Crash during gaming: Hi, Occasionally and seemingly at random my PC crashes whilst gaming. What happens is my screen goes black, the GPU fans spin up like crazy very noisy and I seemingly can't do anything to get out of it except hold the power button to hard turn off the PC. Usually I can still...
  8. Crash during update

in Windows 10 Support
    Crash during update: my system crashed during an insider up ate and now cannot boot, I'm thinking something messes up the MBR and don't remember how to fix it. I have to go to this screen to boot. Samsung was my boot drive. [img] [img] 149166
  9. 10 Crashing Randomly and During Updates and File Downloads

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    10 Crashing Randomly and During Updates and File Downloads: This is a re-post from here. I have a Windows 10 PC that I run 24/7. I have Windows Updates disabled through the Group Policy Editor. I still perform updates manually every few days. Windows Defender updates work fine. Other Windows updates cause the PC to crash, no BSOD or...
  10. windows 10 crashed during an update !

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    windows 10 crashed during an update !: unable to recover/repair. I had to buy a new hard drive, download W10, and am now having to contact each manufacturer of each app to get help re-installing their packages. 4 days so far and likely to extend to 2 weeks. Why does Microsoft force updates that cause computers...