Windows 10: 10 free upgrade from W-7 Pro to 10 Pro ??

Discus and support 10 free upgrade from W-7 Pro to 10 Pro ?? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Done a lot of free upgrades from W-7 Home to 10 Home with no problem. Now have a W-7 Pro that wants to be upgraded to 10 Pro. Can I use my usual... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by cfourkays, Dec 11, 2019.

1. cfourkays Win User

10 free upgrade from W-7 Pro to 10 Pro ??

Done a lot of free upgrades from W-7 Home to 10 Home with no problem.
    Now have a W-7 Pro that wants to be upgraded to 10 Pro.
    Can I use my usual method, going to https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/soft...load/windows10 and doing the upgrade this PC??

Pete

:)

cfourkays, Dec 11, 2019
  2. NickSteel Win User

Query on Clean installation of Windows 10 Pro on Windows 7 Pro PC.

Original Title: Windows 7 Pro (from MS upgrade key) to Windows 10 Pro - Clean Install

My Gateway NV7923U X64 came with Windows 7 Home installed.

I purchased an upgrade key from MS and upgraded to Windows 7 Pro.

I need to upgrade to Windows 10 Pro and then do a clean install.

• Will my existing upgraded Windows 7 Pro now upgrade to Windows 10 Pro automatically, or do I need to perform additional steps?
    • Will I be able to do a clean install and have Windows 10 Pro after upgrading?

NickSteel, Dec 11, 2019
  3. SF104174 Win User
    Can't reinstall W 10 Pro AFTER unistall to W 7 Ultimate

I had upgraded to W 10 Pro from a VALID W 7 Ultimate. Had port 80 problems. Rolled back to W 7 U to get server back online. Got the invalid license message. Found the port 80 fix but can't validate W 7 P. Want to go back to W 10 Pro but how?

SF104174, Dec 11, 2019
  4. 10 free upgrade from W-7 Pro to 10 Pro ??

Upgrade Windows 10 Home to Windows 10 Pro

This is what I used

"

Follow these steps to upgrade from Windows 10 Home if you have a Windows 7 Ultimate, Windows 7 Professional, Windows 8 Pro, Windows 8 Pro Pack, Windows 8.1 Pro, or Windows 8.1 Pro Pack product key:

• Select the Start button, then select Settings >
      Update & security
      > Activation.
    • Select Change product key, and then enter this 25-character default product key:

VK7JG-NPHTM-C97JM-9MPGT-3V66T

Important

This default product key will upgrade your device to Windows 10 Pro, but won't activate it.

• Select Next to upgrade to Windows 10 Pro.
    • After your device is upgraded to Windows 10 Pro, you'll need to activate Windows. Select the Start button, then select
      Settings > Update & security > Activation.
    • Select Change product key, and then enter your 25-character Windows 7 Ultimate, Windows 7 Professional, Windows 8 Pro, Windows 8 Pro Pack, Windows 8.1 Pro, or Windows 8.1 Pro Pack product key.
    • Select Next to activate Windows 10 Pro.
    "

GrahameBarclay, Dec 11, 2019
Thema:

10 free upgrade from W-7 Pro to 10 Pro ??

1. 10 free upgrade from W-7 Pro to 10 Pro ?? - Similar Threads - free upgrade Pro

2. Upgrade from Windows 7 Pro to Windows 10 Pro

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Upgrade from Windows 7 Pro to Windows 10 Pro: I just completed a Win7 to Win10 "upgrade" on a Dell Vostro 1000 AMD Athlon 64 X2 1700. Amazingly I was able to install this OS to this laptop originally shipped in 2007 with Windows XP. Given that, I find it interesting, when I ran the Windows 10 64bit MCT installer, Windows...
  3. Upgrade from Windows 7 Pro to Windows 10 Pro

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Upgrade from Windows 7 Pro to Windows 10 Pro: I just completed a Win7 to Win10 "upgrade" on a Dell Vostro 1000 AMD Athlon 64 X2 1700. Amazingly I was able to install this OS to this laptop originally shipped in 2007 with Windows XP. Given that, I find it interesting, when I ran the Windows 10 64bit MCT installer, Windows...
  4. Upgrade from Windows 7 Pro to Windows 10 Pro

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Activation of free upgraded Windows 10 Pro from Windows 7

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Activation of free upgraded Windows 10 Pro from Windows 7: I upgraded to Windows 10 Pro free via Microsoft from Windows 7.I am anticipating I may soon have to reformat my HDD as I keep getting blue screens.Do I have to install Windows 7 again and then use the Windows 10 Pro upgrade which I saved or can I simply just install Windows...
  6. Upgrade from Windows 7 pro to Windows 10 pro.

Upgrade from Windows 7 pro to Windows 10 pro.: Have been given a Dell laptop that has Windows 7 pro. Updated it with my existing Office 365, then attempting to upgrade to Windows 10 pro. Seemed to have done this ok. However, on completion, I have a recurring problem. Every time I attempt to do something, laptop...
  7. Genuine Windows 7 Pro to Windows 10 Pro Upgrad - Is it free?

Genuine Windows 7 Pro to Windows 10 Pro Upgrad - Is it free?: Hello, I have genuine Windows 7 Pro running on my dell vostro 2520 with key purchased from Microsoft. I got a message on my laptop that Windows 7 is no longer supported by Microsoft so please upgrad to Windows 10. I know, I am late on this. I want to understand that if I...
  8. Upgrade from Windows 7 Pro to Windows 10 Pro

Upgrade from Windows 7 Pro to Windows 10 Pro: Hello, we are using Windows 7 Pro for our company's operation in Afghanistan. Now we are planning to upgrade from 7 to 10. Is this possible to upgrade online in our region? Thank You. Rahimi...
  9. Upgrading from Windows 7 Pro to Windows 10 Pro

Upgrading from Windows 7 Pro to Windows 10 Pro: I let Microsoft automatically upgrade several of my computers from 7 to 10 a couple of years ago with no issues at all. I am now trying to help a friend upgrade her Windows 7 Pro to 10 Pro, but I can't seem to find anyway to avoid the $199.00 upgrade fee. That seems...
  10. Windows 7 Pro to Windows 10 Pro free upgrade

Windows 7 Pro to Windows 10 Pro free upgrade: Hi, Is it still possible to free upgrade from Windows 7 pro to Windows 10 Pro. Our customer has bought M365 E3 license which has Windows enterprise free upgradation license. For this to happen, the base OS should be Windows 10 Pro activated. Currently some machines are in...