Windows 10: 10 Home for Refurb PCs

Discus and support 10 Home for Refurb PCs in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; My laptop MFG'd in late 2013 crashed. Needing a replacement and short on funds I purchased a converted XP PRO. The data sticker says Windows 10 Home... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by AFRet96, Dec 11, 2016.

1. AFRet96 Win User

10 Home for Refurb PCs

My laptop MFG'd in late 2013 crashed. Needing a replacement and short on funds I purchased a converted XP PRO. The data sticker says Windows 10 Home for Refurb PCs. Can someone tell me what differences there may be (without me having to read the tech manuals) between this version and the one downloaded for clean-install?

:)

AFRet96, Dec 11, 2016

2. Windows 10 Pro for Refurb PCS, Difference from The New One

Hi Andre, Thanks again for your reply. Sorry for making a mistake in my last question. I means, in the aspect of window 10 system and its function, is there some differences between the "key for Refurbished PCs" and the "normal key for a NEW computer"?
    Does the refurbished key means a lower version than the normal one? Or, some functions are absent in such a refurbished-key window10 version, compared with the normal-key version?

jiankefeng, Dec 11, 2016
  3. Windows 10 Pro for Refurb PCS, Difference from The New One

Hi All,

I just bought a refurbished laptop, Dell M4700, from a Microsoft Authorized Refurbisher, called "refurb.io". The product key sticker says it is "WINDOWS 10 PRO FOR REFURB PCS, QUALITY CERTIFIED". The activation instruction also says "This license key works
    only with Microsoft windows for Refurbished PCs. It will not work with Microsoft Office or any other software". Does it means Microsoft Office software can not be used in this computer, or I still still need to order it? Besides, what is the difference of
    this "key for Refurbished PCs" from the "normal key for a NEW computer"?

Thank you very much.

jiankefeng, Dec 11, 2016
  4. spunk Win User

10 Home for Refurb PCs

Refurbished by a Microsoft Authorized Refurbisher: Refurbished PCs The Windows 10 Home is the same version as a clean install

spunk, Dec 12, 2016
Thema:

10 Home for Refurb PCs

1. 10 Home for Refurb PCs - Similar Threads - Home Refurb PCs

2. Logging into Microsoft on a refurb laptop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Logging into Microsoft on a refurb laptop: I have just purchased a refurbished laptop from a reputable supplier, but can’t get past the Microsoft log in window which says: ‘Let’s get things set up for your work or school’It won’t accept my personal Microsoft email details, OR my work Microsoft details.When I enter my...
  3. Logging into Microsoft on a refurb laptop

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Logging into Microsoft on a refurb laptop: I have just purchased a refurbished laptop from a reputable supplier, but can’t get past the Microsoft log in window which says: ‘Let’s get things set up for your work or school’It won’t accept my personal Microsoft email details, OR my work Microsoft details.When I enter my...
  4. Windows 10 home for refurb pcs

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 home for refurb pcs: Dear Microsoft, dear Community,I just bought a new laptop and it came with a sticker saying that it runs a Windows 10 Home for Refurb Pcs.Now since this was or should've been a completely new laptop Asus Zenbook 14 OLED I contacted the seller.They said that this is completely...
  5. Windows 10 home for refurb pcs

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 home for refurb pcs: Dear Microsoft, dear Community,I just bought a new laptop and it came with a sticker saying that it runs a Windows 10 Home for Refurb Pcs.Now since this was or should've been a completely new laptop Asus Zenbook 14 OLED I contacted the seller.They said that this is completely...
  6. Windows 10 home for refurb pcs

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Activation problem/Windows 10/Refurb

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Activation problem/Windows 10/Refurb: It has/had digital license, when I look it up on the pc info, it shows my email address which is also my admin/info for Microsoft account..and that it's digitally and legally licensed to me.I have followed the instruction to ensure the Microsoft account/admin information is...
  8. Multiple Home PCs - Upgrading Concerns

Multiple Home PCs - Upgrading Concerns: Here's my issue. I have 2 xbox, and 3 gaming PC, and two previous PCs that I reformatted the hard drives on I realize now that was a mistake before getting the license codes one was a Win10PRO and one was a Win10HOME and throwing away the PCs. I have 1 active PC...
  9. COMPUTER SHARING ON HOME NETWORK WITH WINDOWS 10 PCs

in Windows 10 Customization
    COMPUTER SHARING ON HOME NETWORK WITH WINDOWS 10 PCs: I have 2 windows 10 PCs on my home network. Both appear on the network. However, my wife can access all the files on my computer while I only have access to her media files. I have spent hours on the phone and sharing the computer with Gearhead's Tech Service, our PC tech...
  10. Windows 10 pro for refurb pc

Windows 10 pro for refurb pc: Hello. My company bought a refurb laptop Dell E6330, with a licence windows 10 pro for refurb pc´s. We have a hard disk, a button and a motheboard problem. We decided to buy a new laptop but we want to use the licence from the dell laptop. It´s that possible? How do i...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 home for repurb pcs sls

2. windows 10 home for refurb pcs