Windows 10: 10 Home to Pro upgrade

Discus and support 10 Home to Pro upgrade in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I joined the insider program prior to Windows 10 release. For my efforts I was given a digital entitlement for the Pro version, which I have been using... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Gramps_62, Oct 1, 2018.

1. Gramps_62 Win User

10 Home to Pro upgrade

I joined the insider program prior to Windows 10 release. For my efforts I was given a digital entitlement for the Pro version, which I have been using ever since. My PC recently died (mother board) and my new system came with the 10 home edition. Try as I may I have not been able to upgrade to the Pro version.

I even had a Microsoft rep log into my system and he was not able to get it to update, stating the free upgrade was no longer available. I don't see this as a "free upgrade" as Microsoft gave me the digital license for the Pro version, which I have been using up until that PC died last Thursday.

Has anyone been able to resolve this issue, or something similar?

:)

Gramps_62, Oct 1, 2018

2. Can't upgrade from Windows 10 Home to Pro

Hi Bill,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. We apologize for the inconvenience caused and will assist you in the best possible ways.

I suggest you to download and create an installation media for Windows 10 Pro form the link provided below:

https://www.microsoft.com/en-in/software-download/windows10

After the installation media is created, suggest you to upgrade to Windows 10 Pro from the installation media. When the upgrade asks for product key, enter the product key purchased for Windows 10 Pro. If it does not accept, suggest you to skip the activation
    step. After the Operating System is installed, suggest you to activate by phone by following the steps below:

• Press “Windows key + R” and type “slui 4” and press Enter.
    • Select the Region from the list and click Next.
    • Call the Toll-Free number provided on top and can activate via phone.

Hope this helps. Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Eeshwar Kumar, Oct 1, 2018
  3. Remon Ont Win User
    Windows 10 pro edition

Hello Raed,

For us to better assist you with your concern about upgrading to Windows 10 pro edition and how to roll back to Windows 7, we would like to know some additional information first:

• Did you get any error messages or error codes?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

To help you on upgrading your Windows 10 Home to Windows 10 Pro, we suggest that you check this

article
    for information and troubleshooting steps.

You can follow the steps provided below to be able to downgrade to Windows 7:

• Open Settings.
    • Select Update & security.
    • Click Recovery tab.
    • Look for the option to "Go back to Windows 7/8", and click on "Get Started" to begin the process.

Hope it helps. Let us know if you need further assistance.

Remon Ont, Oct 1, 2018
  4. 10 Home to Pro upgrade

Cant get Win 10 to upgrade to Pro after HD failure

Hi Christopher,

You can upgrade your Windows 10 Home to Windows 10 Pro by using Windows 10 Pro digital license or product key. For us to isolate the issue, we would like to ask the following questions:

• Did your device came with Windows 8 pre-installed?
    • What is the make and model of your Windows device?

In the meantime, we suggest that you follow the steps given on this article to

upgrade your Windows 10 Home to Windows 10 Pro

In case that you'll experience an activation issue, we recommend that you follow the steps on this article:

Using the Activation troubleshooter
    . Choose the method that fits to your situation.

We will look forward for your response.

Janeane Cru, Oct 1, 2018
Thema:

10 Home to Pro upgrade

1. 10 Home to Pro upgrade - Similar Threads - Home Pro upgrade

2. home to pro upgrade

in Windows 10 Gaming
    home to pro upgrade: Looking and getting a new w10 or w11 home box i need to upgrade it to the pro version but cannot find the cost of such, any help ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/home-to-pro-upgrade/993c1c08-a3ad-4361-ab7f-a74bed0e7e13
  3. home to pro upgrade

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    home to pro upgrade: Looking and getting a new w10 or w11 home box i need to upgrade it to the pro version but cannot find the cost of such, any help ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/home-to-pro-upgrade/993c1c08-a3ad-4361-ab7f-a74bed0e7e13
  4. Home to Pro Upgrade

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Home to Pro Upgrade: We ordered 4 Computers with Home on accident, We want to upgrade them to Pro, However the purse strings are controlled far away. How can we upgrade these 4 machines without the person buying the upgrade here or having their financial info? I'm hoping there is a way they could...
  5. Home to Pro Upgrade

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Home to Pro Upgrade: We ordered 4 Computers with Home on accident, We want to upgrade them to Pro, However the purse strings are controlled far away. How can we upgrade these 4 machines without the person buying the upgrade here or having their financial info? I'm hoping there is a way they could...
  6. upgrade home to pro

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    upgrade home to pro: hi i have a legal windows 10 home, want to upgrade to pro with legal and does not accept the upgrade to pro ,does not activate. i tried to install home with legacy or uefi and nothing 167624
  7. upgrade home to pro

in Windows 10 Support
    upgrade home to pro: hi i have a legal windows 10 home, want to upgrade to pro with legal and does not accept the upgrade to pro ,does not activate. i tried to install home with legacy or uefi and nothing 167624
  8. Upgrade Home to Pro

Upgrade Home to Pro: I understand that my Microsoft Account allows me to install Windows 10 on multiple computers. I currently have one desktop and two laptops running Windows 10 Pro v. 1909. One of those laptops is dying and I have replaced it with a new laptop with Windows 10 Home v.1909...
  9. Home to Pro upgrade

Home to Pro upgrade: I paid for an upgrade on one of my devices from Windows 10 home to Pro but it failed. This was over a year ago. I have done a clean install of Windows and want to try the upgrade again. I can't find out where the original purchased upgrade is registered. If I try and...
  10. Home to Pro Upgrade

Home to Pro Upgrade: I have an old Windows 8 Pro key that I want to use on my Windows 10 Home PC. When I try to use that key under "Change Key" it just says you can't use this key to make the upgrade. Microsoft's website says to use a specific key instead, which will activate the process to...