Windows 10: 10 on both partitions

Discus and support 10 on both partitions in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi, Just curious, I have dual booted 10 and 7 but is it possible to install the 10 upgrade on the 7 partition and run as two seperate OS as I do... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by JGM, Jul 27, 2017.

1. JGM
    JGM Win User

10 on both partitions

Hi,

Just curious, I have dual booted 10 and 7 but is it possible to install the 10 upgrade on the 7 partition and run as two seperate OS as I do now?

:)

2. Will I keep both partitions

Hi Robert,

Thank you for posting your question in the Microsoft Community.

If you have upgraded to Windows 10 from Windows 8.1 then you will be able to see Windows 7 in the first partition. The changes that you make in the second partition will not affect the first partition.

Cheers.

Srimadhwa B, Jul 27, 2017
  3. Will I keep both partitions

What happens to the two partitions of windows 7 Home and windows 8.1 Pro, installed on a second partition, with the windows 10 upgrade to both partitions?

RobertArnow, Jul 27, 2017
  4. dalchina New Member

10 on both partitions

As has been commented in other threads, there is a possible licensing issue, depending on how your licenses have been acquired. The ethics of that are left to you.

dalchina, Jul 27, 2017
  5. JGM
    JGM Win User
    My licenses are genuine windows, thank you for your reply.

6. swarfega Win User
    Depending on your storage limitations, it might be better to run 7 in a virtual environment, less complicated that way and no dual boot issues.

swarfega, Jul 27, 2017
  7. AddRAM Win User
    And give up your W7 install *What

AddRAM, Jul 27, 2017
  8. dalchina New Member

10 on both partitions

- i.e. if both have the same origin.

dalchina, Jul 27, 2017
  9. JGM
    JGM Win User
    Gentlemen, I have no intention of changing the 10\7 setup I have, I was merely curious as to whether it was feasable or not, but thank you for your replies.

Thema:

10 on both partitions

1. 10 on both partitions - Similar Threads - both partitions

2. I have two Windows RE tools partitions. Do I need both?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I have two Windows RE tools partitions. Do I need both?: After a problem installing a recent Windows 10 update, I had to reconfigure my Windows Re tools partition and somehow have ended up with two:Drive E is 570MB with used space of 17.8MB and 553MB of free spaceDrive F is 54GB with used space of 142MB and 53.8GB of free space.Do...
  3. I have two Windows RE tools partitions. Do I need both?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I have two Windows RE tools partitions. Do I need both?: After a problem installing a recent Windows 10 update, I had to reconfigure my Windows Re tools partition and somehow have ended up with two:Drive E is 570MB with used space of 17.8MB and 553MB of free spaceDrive F is 54GB with used space of 142MB and 53.8GB of free space.Do...
  4. I have two Windows RE tools partitions. Do I need both?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. KB5034441: can I delete both recovery partitions

in Windows 10 Gaming
    KB5034441: can I delete both recovery partitions: KB5034441: this update prevents security updates, when will it be fixed?If never, I have deleted 1 of 2 recovery partitions, if I delete the second, will my PC still boot ok? will this remove WinRE?...
  6. KB5034441: can I delete both recovery partitions

KB5034441: can I delete both recovery partitions: KB5034441: this update prevents security updates, when will it be fixed?If never, I have deleted 1 of 2 recovery partitions, if I delete the second, will my PC still boot ok? will this remove WinRE?...
  7. KB5034441: can I delete both recovery partitions

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  8. Windows Bootloader. the device and os device both say 'partition=D' instead of 'partition=C'

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Bootloader. the device and os device both say 'partition=D' instead of 'partition=C': Computer command prompt is starting with X: I have read some of the fixes but I not want to make any changes with the X: before I fix my other problem.In the bootloader beside both the DEVICE and OS DEVICE it has 'partition=D' . it should be in C. how do i change this. How do...
  9. Windows Bootloader. the device and os device both say 'partition=D' instead of 'partition=C'

Windows Bootloader. the device and os device both say 'partition=D' instead of 'partition=C': Computer command prompt is starting with X: I have read some of the fixes but I not want to make any changes with the X: before I fix my other problem.In the bootloader beside both the DEVICE and OS DEVICE it has 'partition=D' . it should be in C. how do i change this. How do...
  10. Windows Bootloader. the device and os device both say 'partition=D' instead of 'partition=C'

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 setup on both partitions