Windows 10: 10 Reasons to Upgrade to Windows 10: IT’S FAMILIAR

Discus and support 10 Reasons to Upgrade to Windows 10: IT’S FAMILIAR in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Our Windows 10 launch is just around the corner, in 10 days if you’re counting. On July 29th we will make Windows 10 available, across 190 countries,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by Brink, Jul 18, 2015.

1. Brink
    Brink New Member

10 Reasons to Upgrade to Windows 10: IT’S FAMILIAR

Source: Familiarity in Windows 10 | Blogging Windows

:)

Brink, Jul 18, 2015

2. Windows Task Bar unresponsive

Reverting back to 7 is not possible, who would of guessed? God damn wheres the **** support for this ****!

I have also tried to use an Ethernet cable to connect to the internet and the same or similar problems arise (not being able to access the flashing or none flashing taskbar with along with the windows associated programs). I suppose the direction windows
    is going, that internet is just a useless thing of the past??

Windows 11 or "9" must be the answer to the inbred thinking to windows 10. AWFUL COMPANY AND PRODUCT! thanks for the damn support 10 Reasons to Upgrade to Windows 10: IT’S FAMILIAR ;) i feel appreciated as a customer.

downgraded to 10, Jul 18, 2015
  3. Windows Task Bar unresponsive

I will just disregard this message and revert back to Windows 7. This has been very disappointing. This is a Microsoft upgrade and a Microsoft issue, which there is minute support for. I use this computer for work purposes, and this experience has done nothing
    but conflict the way I make my money. Therefor, I will not be wasting my money on a company that has no interest in supporting their customers or taking the time (three years obviously was not nearly enough) to make sure,
    their product, is fully functional before it is pushed out.

Please ignore this entire post unless there is a known fix or an update that solves the incompetency of this upgrade. I wish to not waste anymore of my time with dead ends. Wish me good luck in reverting back to 7 as I have little faith in this faulty operating
    system!

downgraded to 10, Jul 18, 2015
  4. Cliff S New Member

yes Yes YES!, They're even letting us preview their television commercials. And I like it*Thumbs

Cliff S, Jul 18, 2015
  5. DKW
    DKW Win User
    It's a great OS, IMHO. I haven't used Windows 8 in about 2 weeks. It's an exciting time to be part of the MS circle. *Party

6. As a long time Mac user (fed up with lots of issues) I decided to try something different. Enter Chrome OS, after 8 months missing the versatility, I started to look at Windows 10, and liked what I saw, and yes I agree it's looking good so far build 10240 since the last update runs really well. Looking forward to the 29th for the full experience.

thegeriatric, Jul 19, 2015
  7. John035 Win User
    I'm excited for Windows 10, as someone who hated and completely skipped windows 8, im hoping 10 is the upgrade I'v been waiting for. I will admit if it wasn't free I wouldn't get it, not even for $10 because windows 7 is that good.

John035, Jul 19, 2015
  8. Lance1 Win User

When I was an XP user, I hated Windows 7. I didn't want to let go of XP and thought nothing would come close to it. When I finally decided to install 7, I never went back. And it's the same with 10. It just seems to be getting better the deeper we get. The future's so bright I gotta wear shades!*Cool

Lance1, Jul 19, 2015
  9. Trust_No1 Win User
    10 huh? I can think of at least 20 why not to use Windows 10.

It is okay as an OS goes, but for me it simply lacks in to many areas. For me I just don't see where it offers anything new or better. Even in tablet mode they have removed so many of the functionalities of Windows 8, which I consider far superior. But heck, if you like the interface go for it.

Trust_No1, Jul 19, 2015
  10. jimbo45 Win User
    Hi there

What have they removed that you don't like -- the only one I can see that's at all obvious is the removal of CHARMS which was a bit useless to a lot of people (especially on non Touch devices) anyway.

Endless scrolling / no way of cascading menus etc etc --W8 was a bit of an abomination for a lot of people --again especially for those without touch devices.

Please again say what's been removed from W8 that you miss in W10.

Cheers
    jimbo

jimbo45, Jul 19, 2015
  11. Soooo....

Has anyone mentioned how freaking awesome Windows 10 is?

Because it is!

*Dinesh*Dinesh*Dinesh*Dinesh*Dinesh*Dinesh*Party*Party*Party*Party*Party*Party*Party*Party*Party*Party*Dinesh*Dinesh*Dinesh*Dinesh*Dinesh*Dinesh*Dinesh*Dinesh*Dinesh*Party*Party*Party*Party*Party*Party*Party*Dinesh*Dinesh*Dinesh*Dinesh

Coke Robot, Jul 19, 2015
  12. nt62 Win User
    I agree with this. *Ditto

13. jimbo45 Win User

Hi, there

Opinions of course are OK --but surely you should give some reasons -- share your findings with some of us less privileged mortals who could perhaps benefit from your words of wisdom on this topic.

Lucky you aren't from NZ --beware anti TROLL legislation !!!!!.

Cheers
    jimbo

jimbo45, Jul 19, 2015
  14. nt62 Win User
    23 reasons ...

WindowsCommunicationsApp
    WindowsAlarms
    WindowsPhone
    WindowsCamera
    BingFinance
    WindowsMaps
    Microsoft.AppConnector
    Microsoft.Windows.CloudExperienceHost
    Microsoft.AAD.BrokerPlugin
    Microsoft.BingWeather
    Microsoft.Getstarted
    Microsoft.ZuneVideo
    Microsoft.Windows.Photos
    Microsoft.BingSports
    Microsoft.WindowsStore
    Microsoft.MicrosoftSolitaireCollection
    Microsoft.WindowsSoundRecorder
    Microsoft.Office.OneNote
    Microsoft.MicrosoftOfficeHub
    windows.devicesflow
    Windows.MiracastView
    Windows.PurchaseDialog
    Microsoft.BioEnrollment

15. Really? The built in apps?

Coke Robot, Jul 19, 2015
Thema:

1. 10 Reasons to Upgrade to Windows 10: IT’S FAMILIAR - Similar Threads - Reasons Upgrade IT’S

2. Anyone familiar with Windows 10 22H2 and system model compatibility?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Anyone familiar with Windows 10 22H2 and system model compatibility?: I would like to know if anyone knows if there are HP drivers and BIOS and firmware updates outside of Microsoft for a HP 17 inch laptop.. Windows wants to install the update to windows 10 64 bit 22H2, and i am hesitant.i want to see if installing it may resolve any conflicts,...
  3. Anyone familiar with Windows 10 22H2 and system model compatibility?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Anyone familiar with Windows 10 22H2 and system model compatibility?: I would like to know if anyone knows if there are HP drivers and BIOS and firmware updates outside of Microsoft for a HP 17 inch laptop.. Windows wants to install the update to windows 10 64 bit 22H2, and i am hesitant.i want to see if installing it may resolve any conflicts,...
  4. Anyone familiar with Windows 10 22H2 and system model compatibility?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Is anyone familiar with this issue

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Is anyone familiar with this issue: One of the customers I work with submitted a ticket, and to be honest I was not familiar with this issue at all. Basically, while the customer was logged in, a pop-up came on the screen and it was a pop-up of the log-in screen that you see when you initially log in to Windows...
  6. The Reason Why The Windows 10 Installation Media Windows 10 Upgrade Will Blue Screen / Not...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    The Reason Why The Windows 10 Installation Media Windows 10 Upgrade Will Blue Screen / Not...: This incident Happened in 2020 when our PC is Windows 7 and want to upgrade it to Windows 10 when each update of windows became slower even though it still has more space, and when the 20H2 Update has been installed, It becomes slower and blue screened and it eventually can't...
  7. Getting familiar with the Win 10 GUI before upgrading from 7

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Getting familiar with the Win 10 GUI before upgrading from 7: Hello all. I'm preparing for the upgrade, and would like to get familiar with the Win 10 GUI before upgrading. Can anyone recommend a place to learn the basics? Thanks. 147448
  8. Windows 10 Professional upgraded itself (for no reason) to Enterprise and now it's...

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 Professional upgraded itself (for no reason) to Enterprise and now it's...: Hello, I recently upgrade a fresh Windows 10 Home installation to a Windows 10 Professional through the Microsoft store digital upgrade. Everything went fine, paid the $99 and was able to use my computer as expected. However earlier today I booted my computer and the...
  9. List Compelling Reasons to upgrade to Upgrade to Windows 10 for Novice

in Windows 10 Support
    List Compelling Reasons to upgrade to Upgrade to Windows 10 for Novice: I feel that we as experts on this forum should try and persuade any novices who are not sure about upgrading to Windows 10 should help explain why its good for them to upgrade from earlier versions. So I'll start off: • Latest security • Support for latest technology...
  10. Three Reasons Microsoft Stopped Free Windows 10 Upgrades

in Windows 10 News
    Three Reasons Microsoft Stopped Free Windows 10 Upgrades: Three Reasons Microsoft Stopped Free Windows 10 Upgrades Microsoft MSFT -0.82% has stood by its promise. Last week the company confirmed it will soon start charging for Windows 10 bringing its free upgrade offer to a close and it won’t be cheap. For those baffled by...