Windows 10: 10 Reasons to Upgrade to Windows 10: IT’S FAMILIAR

Discus and support 10 Reasons to Upgrade to Windows 10: IT’S FAMILIAR in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Really? The built in apps? Not just. I like Windows 10. ... will use it. ... will not not use it just because of the built in apps. There are many... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by Brink, Jul 18, 2015.

1. nt62 Win User

10 Reasons to Upgrade to Windows 10: IT’S FAMILIAR

Not just. I like Windows 10. ... will use it.
    ... will not not use it just because of the built in apps.

There are many other reasons for being annoyed.
    The opposite is true. Familiarity makes 10 a winner. ok. ... won't argue with that.

no point in debating. one irritant if you will, the menu scroll bar is so tiny it requires precision to move.
    It can be managed with the keyboard easily,
    but I see NO improvement over the immersive start screen in 8.0

I have no plans to rub my fingers across the screen.

AND, there is lots of scrolling in 10. LOTS.
    The semantic zoom is nice, I prefer immersive semantic zoom.

2. jimbo45 Win User

Hi there

you don't need to use ANY of those apps with W10. They aren't integral to the OS at all.

Windows phone --another one --what's that got to do with the price of eggs.

Some people have plenty of legitimate reasons not to like W10 -- but your reasons aren't valid in the slightest.

Cheers
    jimbo

jimbo45, Jul 19, 2015
  3. nt62 Win User
    why?

4. BunnyJ New Member

So,, why are you here .. I assume you're testing it still??

BunnyJ, Jul 19, 2015
  5. BunnyJ New Member
    Simply listing apps that you don't have to use as a reason not to use Win10 is silly, IMO. If you listed bugs then that would be a valid reason.

BunnyJ, Jul 19, 2015
  6. Code: powershell "Get-AppxPackage | Remove-AppxPackage"[/quote]

nxrighthere, Jul 19, 2015
  7. BunnyJ New Member
    ^^ Yes,., that.. now that will fix those issues.

BunnyJ, Jul 19, 2015
  8. nt62 Win User

There you go. So, now we are required to powershell uninstallable apps.

Also, there is a misunderstanding of embedded apps.
    They are not disconnected from the OS.
    Unless they get powershelled out, they play a role in system services.

Also, we do not know yet, if they will return with automatic updates.

9. BunnyJ New Member
    If you don't like Win10 don't use it. That should solve the issue.

BunnyJ, Jul 19, 2015
  10. nt62 Win User
    Examining embedded apps that impinge on memory utilization as silly, is ... well, inaccurate.
    Why should bugs be a mandated issue for disliking how a system works?

Perhaps one does not like the changes to the explorer shell or the control panel.
    How do you define a valid issue?

Perhaps one does not want to be a part of an ecosystem.
    It is still unclear how much choice there is in that department.

11. BunnyJ New Member
    Fair.. but you don't have to use it if you have issues with it for one reason or another. No one is forcing you to use or test Win10.

BunnyJ, Jul 19, 2015
  12. nt62 Win User
    I will use 10 but not as primary. I will not be upgrading any systems to 10.
    There are issues with every OS. Just because there are issues, is no reason to not use it unless they are major.

... for sure had many more problems with 7 than 8.

I don't get this mindset, that one must comply or be left behind!

13. BunnyJ New Member

You said that you could find 20 reasons not to use Win10 but you now say you'll use it. Ok... up to you.

And how do you view this as "complying".. it's a new OS that you/we have to adapt to .. no more.. no less. And MS is not going to be updating Win7/WIn8.1 so if you want new features you'll have to use WIn10.

BunnyJ, Jul 19, 2015
  14. nt62 Win User
    I am not using it. I was just agreeing with the post that one can find reasons to use something else.

Like Mac or Linux, or VM's, or XP in a VM, or a surface with 8.1.1

15. BunnyJ New Member
    So.. just why are you hear for again?? *really

BunnyJ, Jul 19, 2015
Thema:

1. 10 Reasons to Upgrade to Windows 10: IT’S FAMILIAR - Similar Threads - Reasons Upgrade IT’S

2. Anyone familiar with Windows 10 22H2 and system model compatibility?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Anyone familiar with Windows 10 22H2 and system model compatibility?: I would like to know if anyone knows if there are HP drivers and BIOS and firmware updates outside of Microsoft for a HP 17 inch laptop.. Windows wants to install the update to windows 10 64 bit 22H2, and i am hesitant.i want to see if installing it may resolve any conflicts,...
  3. Anyone familiar with Windows 10 22H2 and system model compatibility?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Anyone familiar with Windows 10 22H2 and system model compatibility?: I would like to know if anyone knows if there are HP drivers and BIOS and firmware updates outside of Microsoft for a HP 17 inch laptop.. Windows wants to install the update to windows 10 64 bit 22H2, and i am hesitant.i want to see if installing it may resolve any conflicts,...
  4. Anyone familiar with Windows 10 22H2 and system model compatibility?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Is anyone familiar with this issue

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Is anyone familiar with this issue: One of the customers I work with submitted a ticket, and to be honest I was not familiar with this issue at all. Basically, while the customer was logged in, a pop-up came on the screen and it was a pop-up of the log-in screen that you see when you initially log in to Windows...
  6. The Reason Why The Windows 10 Installation Media Windows 10 Upgrade Will Blue Screen / Not...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    The Reason Why The Windows 10 Installation Media Windows 10 Upgrade Will Blue Screen / Not...: This incident Happened in 2020 when our PC is Windows 7 and want to upgrade it to Windows 10 when each update of windows became slower even though it still has more space, and when the 20H2 Update has been installed, It becomes slower and blue screened and it eventually can't...
  7. Getting familiar with the Win 10 GUI before upgrading from 7

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Getting familiar with the Win 10 GUI before upgrading from 7: Hello all. I'm preparing for the upgrade, and would like to get familiar with the Win 10 GUI before upgrading. Can anyone recommend a place to learn the basics? Thanks. 147448
  8. Windows 10 Professional upgraded itself (for no reason) to Enterprise and now it's...

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 Professional upgraded itself (for no reason) to Enterprise and now it's...: Hello, I recently upgrade a fresh Windows 10 Home installation to a Windows 10 Professional through the Microsoft store digital upgrade. Everything went fine, paid the $99 and was able to use my computer as expected. However earlier today I booted my computer and the...
  9. List Compelling Reasons to upgrade to Upgrade to Windows 10 for Novice

in Windows 10 Support
    List Compelling Reasons to upgrade to Upgrade to Windows 10 for Novice: I feel that we as experts on this forum should try and persuade any novices who are not sure about upgrading to Windows 10 should help explain why its good for them to upgrade from earlier versions. So I'll start off: • Latest security • Support for latest technology...
  10. Three Reasons Microsoft Stopped Free Windows 10 Upgrades

in Windows 10 News
    Three Reasons Microsoft Stopped Free Windows 10 Upgrades: Three Reasons Microsoft Stopped Free Windows 10 Upgrades Microsoft MSFT -0.82% has stood by its promise. Last week the company confirmed it will soon start charging for Windows 10 bringing its free upgrade offer to a close and it won’t be cheap. For those baffled by...