Windows 10: 10 sound cards crashed due to Windows Update bug

Discus and support 10 sound cards crashed due to Windows Update bug in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi, during the recent Windows 10 updates, the sound drive crashed due to bugs and no sound recognition. I have a complaint against Microsoft and I have... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by mohamadbinazadeh, Sep 13, 2020.

1. 10 sound cards crashed due to Windows Update bug

Hi, during the recent Windows 10 updates, the sound drive crashed due to bugs and no sound recognition.
    I have a complaint against Microsoft and I have no money to repair the sound card

:)

mohamadbinazadeh, Sep 13, 2020
  2. peach1971 Win User

all games crash!

I suggest you run rthdribl > http://www.daionet.gr.jp/~masa/archives/rthdribl_1_2.zip
    Increase the window size step by step and watch your vga temps permanently.
    What happens?
    If it crashes, run at stock speeds as suggested before and retry.

P.S.: When your system locks, does the display signal turn off after a time?
    Stuttering sound or no sound at all when freezing?
    What X1800XT model do you own exactly?

peach1971, Sep 13, 2020
  3. sound crashes on windows 10

Hi Diego,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community and being part of Windows 10.

I understand your concern about accessing sound on your device as it crashes.

Do let us know the following information to assist you better:

• When exactly does the sound crashes?
    • Is this issue with sound confined to any specific audio files/ from website videos?

I suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.

I suggest you to restart the service, set it to automatic and check if it helps.

Step 1: Stop the Windows Audio service.

• Press Windows Key + R on the keyboard and type
      services.msc
      , Services window gets opened.
    • Search for Windows Audio service, right click on it and click on
      Stop.
    • Restart the computer.

Step 2: Start the service and set it to automatic:

• Press Windows Key + R on the keyboard and type
      services.msc
      , Services window gets opened.
    • Search for Windows Audio service, right click on it and click on
      Properties.
    • Start the service, set
      Startup type to Automatic.

Step 3: I suggest you to run Hardware and Devices troubleshooter.

Hardware and Devices troubleshooter checks for common problems and makes sure that any new device or hardware connected to your PC is installed correctly.

• Press Windows key from the keyboard, type
      Troubleshooting and select it.
    • Click on view all option on the upper left corner of
      Troubleshooting window.
    • Select the Hardware and Device options from the list.
    • Click Next to run the Hardware and Device
      Troubleshooter.

You may also refer to the following Microsoft Help article and check if it helps.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows/no-sound-help

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of this issue for further assistance.

Deepika Gowda, Sep 13, 2020
  4. chispy Win User

10 sound cards crashed due to Windows Update bug

Creative X-Fi Soundcards and Windows 10 Fall Creators Update 1709 = Complete Disaster / Not Working

Thank you for trying to help , i did tried your suggestion but it did not work :/ , nothing seems to make it work on Windows 10 Fall Creators Update 1709. In the meantime i have bought a new SoundBlasterX AE-5 and it did installed flawlessly , no problems whatsoever. it is up to Creative ( drivers ) and Microsoft ( bug fix ) to fix this huge bugs with Audio.

Kind Regards: Chispy

chispy, Sep 13, 2020
Thema:

10 sound cards crashed due to Windows Update bug

1. 10 sound cards crashed due to Windows Update bug - Similar Threads - sound cards crashed

2. PC keeps crashing due to this bug... Any solution???

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    PC keeps crashing due to this bug... Any solution???: The bugcheck was: 0x00000133 0x0000000000000001, 0x0000000000001e00, 0xfffff8044a0fa320, 0x0000000000000000.Link for DMP file: https://mega.nz/folder/zVVkSDDQ#zLGE6Fhucn9Nx9dM-xaZQQ...
  3. Windows 10 crash/bug?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 crash/bug?: Hey guys, I just built my computer 2 weeks ago, and everything was fine until now. Specs: Ryzen 5 3600, Gigabyte rx 5700 XT, 16gb ram, 2tb HDD, 500gb ssd, asrock b450m pro4. I was editting some clips on OpenShot(free editor), and i tried to send one of those clips on...
  4. Windows 10 Desktop Windows Manager crashes due to DirectX bug

Windows 10 Desktop Windows Manager crashes due to DirectX bug: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/swDev3db [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/hz9gaa/windows_10_desktop_windows_manager_crashes_due_to/
  5. Is my sound bugged or is my sound card messed up?

Is my sound bugged or is my sound card messed up?: Is my sound bugged or is the card messed up? My sound was working fine then suddenly one day I turned off bluetooth to disconnect from my bluetooth speaker and my laptop’s sound didn’t work, even when plugging in headphones. I restarted and it still didn’t work, and when I...
  6. Is my sound bugged or is the card messed up?

Is my sound bugged or is the card messed up?: My sound was working fine then suddenly one day I turned off bluetooth to disconnect from my bluetooth speaker and my laptop’s sound didn’t work, even when plugging in headphones. I restarted and it still didn’t work, and when I tried to use my volume keys the volume popup...
  7. No sound due to Windows 10 Update

No sound due to Windows 10 Update: [ATTACH] Hi.I had the same issue before but did a recovery to an earlier state of my PC. Now I had a update once more (automatically) and this is the second time I have no audio again. Is it due to the 1903 Version Update? (Edit: Updated to 1909 now, still no audio). All...
  8. Windows update deleted sound card

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows update deleted sound card: We had windows do an update it was the preview update in windows 10 it removed everything I got what I needed back except for my sound the speaker has a red x and when you go to devices it said no device connected, I went to the website and it won't let me load any my pc is a...
  9. Hard disk crashed due to Windows 10 update

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Hard disk crashed due to Windows 10 update: Dear Microsoft team, On 30th November I just connected my Asus laptop to wifi and as usual Windows automatic update start working in background I left my Laptop open and got busy in some other work. Laptop went in sleep mode, when I...
  10. Cannot update to Windows 10 due to old video card

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Cannot update to Windows 10 due to old video card: HiI was told by the Windows 10 update tool that my video card was not supported and therefore couldn't update to Windows 10. I did a little research and found a relatively cheap card from Maplin that was compatible with 10. I've installed it all OK but the update tool still...