Windows 10: 10 upgrade has screwed my hp

Discus and support 10 upgrade has screwed my hp in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I knew better but with the constant nagging for me to update...I accepted the update. This is where the problems started. My HP dv7 took the update... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by PoPPa RocK, Dec 1, 2015.

1. 10 upgrade has screwed my hp

I knew better but with the constant nagging for me to update...I accepted the update. This is where the problems started.
    My HP dv7 took the update and now only shows a sun burst and blue like screen...mouse works but will not do anything else...tried to boot in safe mode but nothing doing there either......Would love to hear any ideas or how to just get back to my win 7 home pre.

:)

PoPPa RocK, Dec 1, 2015

2. Windows 10 Upgrade - Lost power, computer stuck

I have tried the above steps, but my computer does nothing when I press the windows key and the X

Hp upgrade, Dec 1, 2015
  3. chudling Win User
    windows 10 doesn't work properly

I have a HP Pavilion g6 laptop. I bought it with windows 8, upgraded to 8.1 without problem. Contacted HP and they say that they will not be upgrading my driver so it will except windows 10 because Pavilion g6 is a discontinued model. Does anyone out there
    know of a driver ( preferably free) that I can download to make my laptop work with windows 10 but not screw up anything I already have like office. Any guidance would be appreciated, thanks

chudling, Dec 1, 2015
  4. 10 upgrade has screwed my hp

I take it that you did not do a system backup first?

Download the Windows 10 Media Creation Tool from

Windows 10

on another 64bit computer and make a dvd. Boot your laptop with the dvd and choose the repair options in the lower left of the screen and see if any of the repair tools can fix the installation. The computer you make the dvd on does not have to be running Windows 10.

Cbarnhorst, Dec 1, 2015
  5. Thank You I'll try that...no I did not do a back up...lesson learned....

PoPPa RocK, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

10 upgrade has screwed my hp

1. 10 upgrade has screwed my hp - Similar Threads - upgrade has screwed

2. Windows Update has screwed up my computer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Update has screwed up my computer: The latest Windows Update kicked off yesterday evening. Now my computer will not boot. I don't think that the update ever even completed, but it is also in a position where it won't back out any changes either. All I see is that little circle of dots indicating that something...
  3. Windows Update has screwed up my computer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Update has screwed up my computer: The latest Windows Update kicked off yesterday evening. Now my computer will not boot. I don't think that the update ever even completed, but it is also in a position where it won't back out any changes either. All I see is that little circle of dots indicating that something...
  4. Windows Update has screwed up my computer

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Laptop has been screwed

Laptop has been screwed: Okay, I'm really worried. Recently, I was fishing about and found one of my laptops from a couple of years ago. This was an Acer Aspire One Cloudbook with 2GB RAM and 32GB storage. I wanted to wipe Windows off of it, as the Windows account connected to it was a business...
  6. Windows 10 update has screwed up my computer

Windows 10 update has screwed up my computer: After a windows 10 update occurred I cannot access my files and I cannot open up system restore protection, it is turned off and I cannot see how to turn it back on. I know the files have not been deleted because of the space on the C Drive but I cannot see them. When I...
  7. Windows upgrade screwed up my computer.

Windows upgrade screwed up my computer.: Things that were of no interest to Microsoft were changed. Fonts, colors etc. Now I have to go back and change all of this sh*t, wasting my time. The biggest issue is the desktop screen is now zoomed in to the point I can't see the control buttons on the monitor/screen. How...
  8. My parents' Win 10 has screwed up colors- help!

in Windows 10 Customization
    My parents' Win 10 has screwed up colors- help!: My parents called today to tell me that they can't read most of the text on their computer, which they recently updated to Windows 10. I spent the last hour trying to figure out what the problem was via my mom holding her phone up to the screen for video conferencing...
  9. my keyboard is totally screwed since windows 10 upgrade

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    my keyboard is totally screwed since windows 10 upgrade: since installing win10 my keyboard is all to pot - left ctrl zooms the screen, right shift selects all and my touchpad scroll doesnt work at all - is there a fix for this or should i revert back - i have a packard bell ts11-hr and all was fine before the upgrade - thanks in...
  10. Screwed-over by HP/Intel/Microsoft

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Screwed-over by HP/Intel/Microsoft: It's a sad day for early adopters of Microsoft's touch-first OS strategy. Customers who bought some of the first examples of Windows 8.x hybrid systems - e.g. the HP Envy x2 and ElitePad G1, Dell Latitude 10, Lenovo ThinkPad Tablet 2 and Miix series, ASUS VivoTab, etc. - will...