Windows 10: 10 won't go to homepage selected

Discus and support 10 won't go to homepage selected in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; I have gone into settings and properly selected desired home page Most of the time when I hit home, it goes to microsoft start 34622 Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by gtwtwo, Dec 20, 2015.

1. gtwtwo Win User

10 won't go to homepage selected

I have gone into settings and properly selected desired home page
    Most of the time when I hit home, it goes to microsoft start

:)

gtwtwo, Dec 20, 2015
  2. choukyla Win User

start up tone and orange home screen

Guys

I know that if you press the menu button long enough. It gives you two icon. Contacts and Telephone, then using the select button, select the Telephone. It will then give you the Nokia version of the homepage. However it won't stay like that, you start going
    in and out of the menu, it will convert back to the original Orange homepage :-(

There must be a way to change it !

choukyla, Dec 20, 2015
  3. E61: How to delete auto-bookmark set by T-Zones?

you can change your homepage if you wish

example i use google as my homepage so go to bookmarks select google and set as homepage try it or select your own homepage

techbuzzireland, Dec 20, 2015
  4. 10 won't go to homepage selected

Can you please post more info on

How long have you had this problem
    What you have done/ not done to cause the problem
    Also what you have tried to see if you can alter in settings
    Also can you update your System Specs etc

hTconeM9user, Dec 20, 2015
  5. davidhk Win User
    Which one do you want as your default home page ?

I am using IE11, and I use google.ca as my home page.
    Here is how I set it...............
    Open IE11 > at the top, click Tools > click Internet options > General tab > under Home page, I erase ( backspacing ) whatever is on the list > I then enter www.google.ca > OK when done.

I also went to IE11 > Tools > Manage add-ons > Search providers > and I added google as a search provider > selected it as Default > removed the rest of the providers that were on the list.

Restart computer.

10 won't go to homepage selected [​IMG]

davidhk, Dec 20, 2015
  6. gtwtwo Win User
    This is a new windows 10 desktop. I am trying to use edge, and I specified a url for home page in settings, but when I hit home icon, it usually goes to bing search

Thanks for your help
    uinsettings

gtwtwo, Dec 20, 2015
  7. davidhk Win User
    davidhk, Dec 20, 2015
  8. davidhk Win User

Huh ?
    Please elaborate.

davidhk, Dec 20, 2015
  9. f14tomcat Win User
    Try this...

10 won't go to homepage selected [​IMG]

f14tomcat, Dec 20, 2015
  10. f14tomcat Win User
    missread OP post.... deleted reply and re-posted.

f14tomcat, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. 10 won't go to homepage selected - Similar Threads - won't homepage selected

2. What is wrong that MSN Homepage won't open?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What is wrong that MSN Homepage won't open?: I can get in here and into OUTLOOK from shortcuts in FIREFOX, but clicking on Homepage tab - nothing. Not even an error message. The first time I tried to get in the usual "Accept" appeared, then nothing else. AVG just updated their VPN, but it isn't that. because switching...
  3. What is wrong that MSN Homepage won't open?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    What is wrong that MSN Homepage won't open?: I can get in here and into OUTLOOK from shortcuts in FIREFOX, but clicking on Homepage tab - nothing. Not even an error message. The first time I tried to get in the usual "Accept" appeared, then nothing else. AVG just updated their VPN, but it isn't that. because switching...
  4. Homepage

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Homepage: Why is it my homepage opens bottom right desktop so small? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/homepage/fbdbc988-741e-4d47-8ea8-2a0000f5444e
  5. Homepage

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Homepage: Why is it my homepage opens bottom right desktop so small? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/homepage/fbdbc988-741e-4d47-8ea8-2a0000f5444e
  6. Homepage

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. homepage

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    homepage: HiWhy does my home page open so small all the time?THANK YOUTIMMY 2 TOES https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/homepage/2ba313d6-fc04-4bbb-9cb3-32fa45a2e720
  8. Tick in "select a date or date range" won't go

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Tick in "select a date or date range" won't go: Hello I have searched everywhere but can't find the answer could be because I am not sure what I am asking, but in one of my folders a few weeks ago, I searched for something and selected the "select a date or date range" - the tick in the box. Now when I go to that...
  9. Windows 10 update "select privacy settings" won't go away

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 update "select privacy settings" won't go away: I posted this question a few weeks ago but can't find my post. After a windows 10 update everytime I boot up my laptop I get a blue box asking me to select privacy settings but when I do it just keeps telling me to try again. I am unable to remove that box from my desktop....
  10. Help Selecting Homepage to use with Edge Browser

in Browsers and Email
    Help Selecting Homepage to use with Edge Browser: I'm very much the amateur user now that I'm a senior citizen. My browser is and will remain Edge. For some reason I switched to the AT&T homepage and am not overly pleased. My email is Yahoo. Due to neurological disease I have cognitive issues I like things not overly...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 wont go to homepage