Windows 10: 10 year old 1T HDD

Discus and support 10 year old 1T HDD in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello all, not sure if i should post this here I have a 10 year old 1T HDD which has severed me well, i have several partitions on that drive ( 3... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Pantz, Mar 14, 2019 at 7:27 AM.

1. Pantz Win User

10 year old 1T HDD

Hello all, not sure if i should post this here I have a 10 year old 1T HDD which has severed me well, i have several partitions on that drive ( 3 partitions ) with a variety of games and videos and data spread across all 3 Partitions. i will be purchasing a new 2T HDD for storage, ( 51 pounds which i think is a good deal )
    i would like to move , copy or image all 3 partitions to the new HDD ( i will be making 3 partitions on the new HDD to match the old HDD. and i would like to also keep the specific drive letter on the old HDD to match the new HDD
    i was wondering what would be the best way to accomplish this ?

Thanks in advance

10 year old 1T HDD [​IMG]

:)

2. HDD Corrupt ?

Hi,

There are many possible reasons this issue is happening. We'd like to ask few questions below:

• What is the brand name of you Hard Disk Drive?
    • How old is the HDD?
    Since you already tried multiple troubleshooting steps, we suggest visiting the manufacturer's website. Find and download a hard drive diagnostic software to help resolve the issue.

Let us know how it goes.

3. Kem Mon Win User
    unlock hdd

Hi Johan,

It is possible that your
    HDD was unreadable
    causing the error message to appear. We recommend that you perform these troubleshooting steps and check if there are any changes:

• Shutdown
      your
      PC.

• Unhooked
      the
      HDD
      and
      turn on
      your
      PC.

• Reconnect
      your
      HDD
      and
      restart
      your
      PC.

If the issue persists, we suggest that you contact your
    laptop/computer's manufacturer
    for further assistance.

Update us on how it goes.

Regards.

4. DR4G00N Win User

10 year old 1T HDD

Time to replace 9 year old HDD and 7 year SSD?

Pretty much what was suggested above, keep using it and maybe make some backup's every now and then.
    HDD's can go for quite a long time, I have a few that are 17, 20 & 21 years old (not continuous usage of course) and they still run just fine, albeit very slow and the latter two have as much storage as an SD card. *Stick Out Tongue 10 year old 1T HDD :p

Thema:

10 year old 1T HDD

1. 10 year old 1T HDD - Similar Threads - old HDD

2. 10 year old 1T HDD

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    10 year old 1T HDD: Hello all, not sure if i should post this here I have a 10 year old 1T HDD which has severed me well, i have several partitions on that drive ( 3 partitions ) with a variety of games and videos and data spread across all 3 Partitions. i will be purchasing a new 2T HDD for...
  3. Changing User Permissions and Access on an old HDD in a new set-up.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Changing User Permissions and Access on an old HDD in a new set-up.: Hi all, I am trying to use the hard drive from my dead laptop as a portable storage device in a caddy to run between my desktop, new laptop and chromebook. Windows 10 is on the Desk machine, and also on the laptops HDD. I want to format the disc from the laptop (I guess...
  4. Upgrade to Win10 on new SSD, keep old Win7 on HDD

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Upgrade to Win10 on new SSD, keep old Win7 on HDD: Hi all, I am currently running OEM Windows 7 on a HDD, and want to take advantage of the "free" upgrade to Windows 10 (I know it expired in 2016, but I read that you can still do it). Problem is, I have some programs that I still use that I don't have the keys for, so I'd...
  5. Old Win 7 key - new Win 10 HDD install question ...

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Old Win 7 key - new Win 10 HDD install question ...: I paid retail for 3 copies - "Family Pack" - Win 7 Home Premium many years ago. They all 3 use the same install key. I am now finally getting around to investigating Win 10. Previously I only used two of the 3 as Win 7 and never actually activated one of them. I just now...
  6. How to format old Maxtor External HDD to work with Win 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    How to format old Maxtor External HDD to work with Win 10: I have an old Maxtor II external that is full but I don’t have a Windows comp/laptop with an OS that can support it to view the files on it anymore. I believe it was formatted for Vista the last time I used it (it’s been quite some time, at least 10 yrs probably. How can I...
  7. How to format old Maxtor External HDD to work with Win 10

in Windows 10 Support
    How to format old Maxtor External HDD to work with Win 10: I have an old Maxtor II external that is full but I don’t have a Windows comp/laptop with an OS that can support it to view the files on it anymore. I believe it was formatted for Vista the last time I used it (it’s been quite some time, at least 10 yrs probably. How can I...
  8. Old HDD protect against failure

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Old HDD protect against failure: Hi My HDD is 8 years old, working well but presumably due to fail sooner rather than later. My OS is on an SDD (along with some programs/ apps some of which refer to data on the HDD). The HDD has all my pictures, games etc on it. What would be my best strategy for backup if...
  9. Claimed ownership of old HDD User folder multiple times, still can't open it

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Claimed ownership of old HDD User folder multiple times, still can't open it: The best I've gotten is the properties displaying that the folder weighs 0 bytes. I can see all the file trees while taking ownership, but it never does anything. Most info out there seems to be outdated, referencing dialogs that no longer exist. There is no error message....
  10. Moving old HDD(win 10 pro 64bit) to newer upgraded laptop with an SSD HDD already installed

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Moving old HDD(win 10 pro 64bit) to newer upgraded laptop with an SSD HDD already installed: I am trying to move the HDD or Data (win 10 pro 64bit) from my old laptop to a new laptop that I have installed an SSD drive in with a Win 10 iso already on it. Could someone outline the process for me to transfer the data to the new drive but keep the integrity of my data...