Windows 10: 10 year old 1T HDD

Discus and support 10 year old 1T HDD in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello all, not sure if i should post this here I have a 10 year old 1T HDD which has severed me well, i have several partitions on that drive ( 3... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Pantz, Mar 14, 2019.

1. Pantz Win User

10 year old 1T HDD

Hello all, not sure if i should post this here I have a 10 year old 1T HDD which has severed me well, i have several partitions on that drive ( 3 partitions ) with a variety of games and videos and data spread across all 3 Partitions. i will be purchasing a new 2T HDD for storage, ( 51 pounds which i think is a good deal )
    i would like to move , copy or image all 3 partitions to the new HDD ( i will be making 3 partitions on the new HDD to match the old HDD. and i would like to also keep the specific drive letter on the old HDD to match the new HDD
    i was wondering what would be the best way to accomplish this ?

Thanks in advance

10 year old 1T HDD [​IMG]

:)

Pantz, Mar 14, 2019

2. HDD Corrupt ?

Hi,

There are many possible reasons this issue is happening. We'd like to ask few questions below:

• What is the brand name of you Hard Disk Drive?
    • How old is the HDD?
    Since you already tried multiple troubleshooting steps, we suggest visiting the manufacturer's website. Find and download a hard drive diagnostic software to help resolve the issue.

Let us know how it goes.

Martin Bar, Mar 14, 2019
  3. Kem Mon Win User
    unlock hdd

Hi Johan,

It is possible that your
    HDD was unreadable
    causing the error message to appear. We recommend that you perform these troubleshooting steps and check if there are any changes:

• Shutdown
      your
      PC.

• Unhooked
      the
      HDD
      and
      turn on
      your
      PC.

• Reconnect
      your
      HDD
      and
      restart
      your
      PC.

If the issue persists, we suggest that you contact your
    laptop/computer's manufacturer
    for further assistance.

Update us on how it goes.

Regards.

Kem Mon, Mar 14, 2019
  4. DR4G00N Win User

10 year old 1T HDD

Time to replace 9 year old HDD and 7 year SSD?

Pretty much what was suggested above, keep using it and maybe make some backup's every now and then.
    HDD's can go for quite a long time, I have a few that are 17, 20 & 21 years old (not continuous usage of course) and they still run just fine, albeit very slow and the latter two have as much storage as an SD card. *Stick Out Tongue 10 year old 1T HDD :p

DR4G00N, Mar 14, 2019
Thema:

10 year old 1T HDD

1. 10 year old 1T HDD - Similar Threads - old HDD

2. can i plug in an old hdd with windows 7 into my windows 11 laptop?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    can i plug in an old hdd with windows 7 into my windows 11 laptop?: Hi, I have an old pc with windows 7 on it, and I want to clean the hdd. Can i just plug the hdd into my windows 11 laptop and clean all the files on the hdd? The pc itself is too slow to delete all these things, and I cant factory reset it, because i don't have a disk to...
  3. can i plug in an old hdd with windows 7 into my windows 11 laptop?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    can i plug in an old hdd with windows 7 into my windows 11 laptop?: Hi, I have an old pc with windows 7 on it, and I want to clean the hdd. Can i just plug the hdd into my windows 11 laptop and clean all the files on the hdd? The pc itself is too slow to delete all these things, and I cant factory reset it, because i don't have a disk to...
  4. What to do with the old Windows file in HDD after migrating to SSD?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What to do with the old Windows file in HDD after migrating to SSD?: I installed a new nVME m.2 SSD in my HP laptop and I then migrated the Windows data from HDD to SSD. I also changed the boot order from HDD to SSD. But now there exists a 200 GB Windows file in my HDD which is the old Windows boot file.Can anyone tell me If I can delete this...
  5. What to do with the old Windows file in HDD after migrating to SSD?

What to do with the old Windows file in HDD after migrating to SSD?: I installed a new nVME m.2 SSD in my HP laptop and I then migrated the Windows data from HDD to SSD. I also changed the boot order from HDD to SSD. But now there exists a 200 GB Windows file in my HDD which is the old Windows boot file.Can anyone tell me If I can delete this...
  6. I just replaced my hdd hard drive on an old dell Inspiron 5570 … the old one would not...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I just replaced my hdd hard drive on an old dell Inspiron 5570 … the old one would not...: Any time dea please let me know https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-just-replaced-my-hdd-hard-drive-on-an-old-dell/46fa474c-af41-49d7-b792-0c1131ec4b89
  7. I just replaced my hdd hard drive on an old dell Inspiron 5570 … the old one would not...

I just replaced my hdd hard drive on an old dell Inspiron 5570 … the old one would not...: Any time dea please let me know https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-just-replaced-my-hdd-hard-drive-on-an-old-dell/46fa474c-af41-49d7-b792-0c1131ec4b89
  8. I just replaced my hdd hard drive on an old dell Inspiron 5570 … the old one would not...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  9. How to recover images from old HDD shortcuts after install of Windows on SSD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to recover images from old HDD shortcuts after install of Windows on SSD: I have a HDD which contains 512 GB of space. As the HDD was super slow and took a lot of time to boot up my PC, I ordered an SSD. I did not do any changes to the HDD whatsoever and installed Windows from scratch on the newly bought SSD. But when I tried to access old images...
  10. How to recover images from old HDD shortcuts after install of Windows on SSD

How to recover images from old HDD shortcuts after install of Windows on SSD: I have a HDD which contains 512 GB of space. As the HDD was super slow and took a lot of time to boot up my PC, I ordered an SSD. I did not do any changes to the HDD whatsoever and installed Windows from scratch on the newly bought SSD. But when I tried to access old images...