Windows 10: 10+ years later and still family safety doesn't work

Discus and support 10+ years later and still family safety doesn't work in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; I have been using Microsoft family safety for over 10 years now, and I have 4 kids, and it is still completely unreliable. I am STILL having issues... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by Snake Hollywood, Aug 7, 2019.

1. 10+ years later and still family safety doesn't work

I have been using Microsoft family safety for over 10 years now, and I have 4 kids, and it is still completely unreliable.

I am STILL having issues with recent activity giving completely incorrect data for every single one of my kids on every single one of their computers.

It will say they have been using an app for just a few minutes or will show they have not even used the app at all, when they have been using it for hours.

This makes the recent activity completely and utterly useless.

The screentime and app limits is equally as unreliable. It will block them when they should be allowed or allow them when they should be blocked, or simply do nothing at all.

In the last 10 years I have lost count how many times I have been told it is due to corrupted profiles and told to remove all my kids from my family and re-added them, remove their users from their pc and re-create them.

It should not be legally allowed to call this a family safety app, as it is clealry not fit for purpose and does not provide any safety whatsoever.

Has anyone found a good and reliable alternative?

:)

Snake Hollywood, Aug 7, 2019

2. Windows 10 family safety not working at all

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I understand your inconvenience. We will assist you to resolve this issue.

Before we proceed, we require more information to assist you better.

• Which web browser are you using?
    • Are the settings on the Family Safety options on your computer are the same with the one on
      http://familysafety.live.com?

I suggest you to login with your parental account and check if you are able to manage the family settings.

If the issue still persist, it might appears that the Child account is not configure correctly. I suggest you to remove the Family Safety and configure it again.

How do I remove Family Safety?

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-live/family-safety-remove-uninstall-faq

Now, setup Family Safety.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/set-up-family-safety#set-up-family-safety=windows-8

After creating the child account, you can then go to the Family Safety website, login using the parent account and then manage your child's restrictions and monitoring options.

Refer the following Microsoft help article.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/...afety-child-kid-protect-filter-sites-chat-faq

Note: The steps for Windows 8/8.1 applies to Windows 10

Hope this helps. Do let you if your issue is resolved. For another query, feel free to contact us.

Thank you.

Syed Md Bilal, Aug 7, 2019
  3. RenaldasP Win User
    Family Safety doesn't work on power saver

I tried everything you suggested, but nothing worked. I think the problem is that power saver restricts running Family Safety and other apps from running in the background. I can manually enable an app in the Settings, but there's no such app like Family
    Safety in the list.

RenaldasP, Aug 7, 2019
  4. 10+ years later and still family safety doesn't work

Microsoft family safety not working--at all.

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. I regret the inconveniece caused to you. Let me help you.

Before we proceed, we require more information to assist you better.

• Which web browser are you using?
    • Are the settings on the Family Safety options on your computer are the same with the one on
      http://familysafety.live.com?

I suggest you to login with your parental account and check if you are able to manage the family settings.

If the issue still persist, it might appears that the Child account is not configure correctly. I suggest you to remove the Family Safety and configure it again.

How do I remove Family Safety?

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-live/family-safety-remove-uninstall-faq

Now, setup Family Safety.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/set-up-family-safety#set-up-family-safety=windows-8

After creating the child account, you can then go to the Family Safety website, login using the parent account and then manage your child's restrictions and monitoring options.

Refer the following Microsoft help article.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/...afety-child-kid-protect-filter-sites-chat-faq

Note: The steps for Windows 8/8.1 applies to Windows 10

I hope the information helps. Please keep us posted on the issue. We will be happy to assist you accordingly.

Thank you.

Aswin_Anand, Aug 7, 2019
Thema:

10+ years later and still family safety doesn't work

1. 10+ years later and still family safety doesn't work - Similar Threads - 10+ years later

2. Family Safety Not Working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Family Safety Not Working: I just got a new Windows 11 computer that I want my 9 year old son to use. But I want him to use an account that has Microsoft family safety features enabled. So I logged into Microsoft family safety and created a brand new outlook.com account for him. Everything seemed to...
  3. Family Safety not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Family Safety not working: Family safety is not recording any screen time at all, see image however it does appear to be connected to his device as it does pick up his web searches, and it does appear to be connected to his lap top see imageMy sons lap top is windows 11, I am now administrator on his...
  4. Why doesn't family safety work?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why doesn't family safety work?: Good evening! My problem would be that the parental safety system simply does not work. Neither from a phone nor from a computer. I want to leave the family safety family group, because in 2 months I will only be 18 years old and there are things that Microsoft does not...
  5. Why doesn't family safety work?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why doesn't family safety work?: Good evening! My problem would be that the parental safety system simply does not work. Neither from a phone nor from a computer. I want to leave the family safety family group, because in 2 months I will only be 18 years old and there are things that Microsoft does not...
  6. Why doesn't family safety work?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  7. Family safety is still after I left the family form family safety

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Family safety is still after I left the family form family safety: I left the family form family safety and after that I closed the pc then opened like after 8h it says that I need permission for more time click that and say error it had been about 3h and still the same...
  8. Family safety is still after I left the family form family safety

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Family safety is still after I left the family form family safety: I left the family form family safety and after that I closed the pc then opened like after 8h it says that I need permission for more time click that and say error it had been about 3h and still the same...
  9. Family safety is still after I left the family form family safety

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  10. Family Safety App Blocking doesn't work

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Family Safety App Blocking doesn't work: I have repeatedly "Blocked" Roblox on my son's account, but it consistently becomes unblocked. I'm certain my son does not know my password. I've tried blocking it from both his computer as well as mine, but nothing seems to work. The feature simply doesn't work. Is there...