Windows 10: 10 years this has been a problem - is there a fix yet???

Discus and support 10 years this has been a problem - is there a fix yet??? in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I like many others have played MS FS Vs 9 and X for a long time. My elderly trusty many times rebuilt 32 bit PCs mobo finally went bang last year and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by genius#rubbish.dump2, Jan 14, 2019 at 11:37 AM.

1. 10 years this has been a problem - is there a fix yet???

I like many others have played MS FS Vs 9 and X for a long time. My elderly trusty many times rebuilt 32 bit PCs mobo finally went bang last year and has been replaced with a nice new shiny Win10 x64 quad core thing.

However ive struggled to reinstall FS9 and X, NEITHER will install. On both progs i get a variety of installation error messages, all of which are well documented elsewhere on here. Suffice to say, all installations are clean, from scratch as neither prog has been installed on this PC . I use CCleaner to wipe registry leftovers. So far ive tried all the fixes I can find for either prog - FS9 off the original game disks and FSX off downloaded ISOs. (as an aside I have got Crimson Skies running at about 95%, with a couple of niggling issues in both graphics and sound) and occasionally the prog crashed or quits, but at least installs and works.

Installing FS9 usually gets about halfway through D1 when theres a 1605 error (IIRC)_ and thats that. the issue is a WMV video file on the Dakota. DC-3.wmv that it installs, then tries to reinstall and quits and sticks up an error saying the disk is full (with 300Gb free space !! ) or the file is in use. The file cannot be in use as its part of the prog and the prog is still being installed, but its enough to kill the install. ) With FSX it can vary. Sometimes it craps out a couple of mins in with a 1735 error and a semi garbled explanation about public keys and x32 processor architecture. Sometimes after i spend 20 minutes deleting and renaming folders, rebooting, wiping the registry etc etc etc and restart the installation, it gets 99% of the way through D2 before crapping out literally at the last gasp. I have to say that some of the fixes work accdg to posters. Many dont. In my case non of them do.

One thing i have noticed is that these are not new problems. In my searches for answers the first appeals for help with these problems started about 2010. The latest ive seen is 2018. I am still posting REQs for help in 2018/9 and not getting anything back. One poster said hed rung MS and posed them the issue, and said they didnt really seem to want to help. Another poster said he'd bought FSX new last year, and it wont install and never been played, he cant get any help to solve the issue, as like me it just doesnt want to know.

At this moment in time i am seriously considering rebuilding an old XP PC i was given which I was going to make into a NAC data server so I can run FS. I find it frankly amazing that a worldwide popular game with tens of thousands of followers can be so badly supported., and 9 years after the initial issues began to be reported, there is still only a small number of MS and 3rd party fixes that might or might not work.

:)

genius#rubbish.dump2, Jan 14, 2019 at 11:37 AM
  2. dalchina Win User

Windows 10 1709 System Restore problems...

That seems to be an attempt at Option 2 in the tutorial, which requires you to
    a. Boot to a command prompt (Did you?)
    b. You then seem to be mixing steps 3,4 and 5, thus your command is incorrect.

I suggest Option 1 is easier.

If you still have problems, please repost listing each specific step and saying which option from the tutorial you are using. Thanks.

3. zbook Win User
    Programs not working

In post 26 there were steps listed to fix the operating system corruption.
    Are you able to follow them?
    In post 29 was the suggested dism repair command.

4. jmcslob Win User

10 years this has been a problem - is there a fix yet???

2 x SSD Raid 0 - is this right?

T ski b4 your done with this post can you list a step by step fix of what you did, I would appreciate it if you would...Thanks

Thema:

10 years this has been a problem - is there a fix yet???

1. 10 years this has been a problem - is there a fix yet??? - Similar Threads - years has been

2. What is the definitive fix for MRT? This app has been blocked

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    What is the definitive fix for MRT? This app has been blocked: I can tell you this does not work, since (a) there is no path to the MRT executable that shows up when you do a search, you do hit a dozen dll files and stuff. (b) login in as an admin does not help either. There are Registry hacks and I cannot find any references to the MRT...
  3. What is the definitive fix for MRT? This app has been blocked

in Windows 10 Support
    What is the definitive fix for MRT? This app has been blocked: I can tell you this does not work, since (a) there is no path to the MRT executable that shows up when you do a search, you do hit a dozen dll files and stuff. (b) login in as an admin does not help either. There are Registry hacks and I cannot find any references to the MRT...
  4. Has W10 fixed these problems yet?

in Windows 10 Support
    Has W10 fixed these problems yet?: Howdy folks! I'm (still) a W7 holdout. I tried '10' a year or so ago but it bit me, so i rolled back. What went wrong? Following is a list... (I'm not here just to gripe- that doesn't help anybody. But if i describe my problems, others will probably share them and be helped...
  5. Fix Account, Yet Again

in Windows 10 Customization
    Fix Account, Yet Again: Let's try this again. I've looked at threads that address this problem, none of which as far as I can tell actually provide a usable answer. On top of that, most of the threads are locked. I guess this is because nobody at M$ knows the answer, and they don't want to deal...
  6. Battery "Plugged in, not charging" - has a workable fix been found

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Battery "Plugged in, not charging" - has a workable fix been found: I have tried the uninstall drive/auto reinstall etc. Nothing works. It is not the battery or the cord, or the transformer - I replaced them all, and found the problem still exists....
  7. Has Ms fixed security flaws found in Edge and IE11 yet

in Browsers and Email
    Has Ms fixed security flaws found in Edge and IE11 yet: Hi there I believe this also appeared on Google as well but here's a very recent (2 days ago approx) note from the BBC about security problem found in Edge and IE11 browsers. Bad bug found in Microsoft browsing code - BBC News I haven't had any update over this yet...
  8. Easiest Fix: This App has been Blocked - trying to install

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Easiest Fix: This App has been Blocked - trying to install: After 2 days of trying to install an app but getting the error that it's been blocked and I need permission from an administrator, I took parts from different places and made this work and it seems like the easiest to understand and least invasive process. I finally got it...
  9. Windows 10 Installation problem, yet to find fix!

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 Installation problem, yet to find fix!: [img] Can anyone help me, tried this loads of times and I can't find a fix Thanks Kieran! 28242
  10. Been having problems with anything that has a arrow for a dropdown

in Windows 10 Support
    Been having problems with anything that has a arrow for a dropdown: The past month or so every time I try to click a dropdown arrow it doesn't allow me to pick from the expanded menu It happens also when I open the the personalize window to change my screen saver. I can't scroll down to see the link to click to access the screensavers the...