Windows 10: 10 years this has been a problem - is there a fix yet???

Discus and support 10 years this has been a problem - is there a fix yet??? in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I like many others have played MS FS Vs 9 and X for a long time. My elderly trusty many times rebuilt 32 bit PCs mobo finally went bang last year and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by genius#rubbish.dump2, Jan 14, 2019.

1. 10 years this has been a problem - is there a fix yet???

I like many others have played MS FS Vs 9 and X for a long time. My elderly trusty many times rebuilt 32 bit PCs mobo finally went bang last year and has been replaced with a nice new shiny Win10 x64 quad core thing.

However ive struggled to reinstall FS9 and X, NEITHER will install. On both progs i get a variety of installation error messages, all of which are well documented elsewhere on here. Suffice to say, all installations are clean, from scratch as neither prog has been installed on this PC . I use CCleaner to wipe registry leftovers. So far ive tried all the fixes I can find for either prog - FS9 off the original game disks and FSX off downloaded ISOs. (as an aside I have got Crimson Skies running at about 95%, with a couple of niggling issues in both graphics and sound) and occasionally the prog crashed or quits, but at least installs and works.

Installing FS9 usually gets about halfway through D1 when theres a 1605 error (IIRC)_ and thats that. the issue is a WMV video file on the Dakota. DC-3.wmv that it installs, then tries to reinstall and quits and sticks up an error saying the disk is full (with 300Gb free space !! ) or the file is in use. The file cannot be in use as its part of the prog and the prog is still being installed, but its enough to kill the install. ) With FSX it can vary. Sometimes it craps out a couple of mins in with a 1735 error and a semi garbled explanation about public keys and x32 processor architecture. Sometimes after i spend 20 minutes deleting and renaming folders, rebooting, wiping the registry etc etc etc and restart the installation, it gets 99% of the way through D2 before crapping out literally at the last gasp. I have to say that some of the fixes work accdg to posters. Many dont. In my case non of them do.

One thing i have noticed is that these are not new problems. In my searches for answers the first appeals for help with these problems started about 2010. The latest ive seen is 2018. I am still posting REQs for help in 2018/9 and not getting anything back. One poster said hed rung MS and posed them the issue, and said they didnt really seem to want to help. Another poster said he'd bought FSX new last year, and it wont install and never been played, he cant get any help to solve the issue, as like me it just doesnt want to know.

At this moment in time i am seriously considering rebuilding an old XP PC i was given which I was going to make into a NAC data server so I can run FS. I find it frankly amazing that a worldwide popular game with tens of thousands of followers can be so badly supported., and 9 years after the initial issues began to be reported, there is still only a small number of MS and 3rd party fixes that might or might not work.

:)

genius#rubbish.dump2, Jan 14, 2019
  2. dalchina Win User

Windows 10 1709 System Restore problems...

That seems to be an attempt at Option 2 in the tutorial, which requires you to
    a. Boot to a command prompt (Did you?)
    b. You then seem to be mixing steps 3,4 and 5, thus your command is incorrect.

I suggest Option 1 is easier.

If you still have problems, please repost listing each specific step and saying which option from the tutorial you are using. Thanks.

dalchina, Jan 14, 2019
  3. zbook Win User
    Programs not working

In post 26 there were steps listed to fix the operating system corruption.
    Are you able to follow them?
    In post 29 was the suggested dism repair command.

zbook, Jan 14, 2019
  4. jmcslob Win User

10 years this has been a problem - is there a fix yet???

2 x SSD Raid 0 - is this right?

T ski b4 your done with this post can you list a step by step fix of what you did, I would appreciate it if you would...Thanks

jmcslob, Jan 14, 2019
Thema:

10 years this has been a problem - is there a fix yet???

1. 10 years this has been a problem - is there a fix yet??? - Similar Threads - years has been

2. Microsoft needs to fix this, it has been over a year now.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft needs to fix this, it has been over a year now.: When I open the file explorer and drag any file, there is a high probability that a blank icon will appear in the preview image of this file. The icon is missing or there is an icon but the background of the icon is white instead of the transparent state under the win10...
  3. Microsoft needs to fix this, it has been over a year now.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft needs to fix this, it has been over a year now.: When I open the file explorer and drag any file, there is a high probability that a blank icon will appear in the preview image of this file. The icon is missing or there is an icon but the background of the icon is white instead of the transparent state under the win10...
  4. I AM ANNOYED that no fix has been yet implemented for this

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I AM ANNOYED that no fix has been yet implemented for this: The problem that I am stating is just not a local problem for me, it is a problem that hundreds or thousands of people are facing world wide. And the problem is the sudden issues with delicate windows essentials such as the start button, the search, and other programs what...
  5. I AM ANNOYED that no fix has been yet implemented for this

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I AM ANNOYED that no fix has been yet implemented for this: The problem that I am stating is just not a local problem for me, it is a problem that hundreds or thousands of people are facing world wide. And the problem is the sudden issues with delicate windows essentials such as the start button, the search, and other programs what...
  6. I AM ANNOYED that no fix has been yet implemented for this

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. Has this issue been fixed yet?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Has this issue been fixed yet?: https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/5xd88y/how_do_i_disable_windows_space_hotkey/?utm_source=share&utm_medium=web2x&context=3 submitted by /u/boraglryz [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/j3a1id/has_this_issue_been_fixed_yet/
  8. Has Windows 10 been downloaded yet?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Has Windows 10 been downloaded yet?: Hello I want to build me a oh together I have there then already Windows 10 on it when I still start or how must I download Windows Ist das Windows 10 schon runter geladen?
  9. I have been having the same issue with windows 10 for two years. WHY has it not been fixed yet?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    I have been having the same issue with windows 10 for two years. WHY has it not been fixed yet?: I got my computer in 2017, and it came with windows 10. Ever since I have had this computer, I have had issues with the disk being at 100%. I have done all the fixes possible, and yet here I am with a computer I paid 2000 bucks for that I am constantly having to tweek and...
  10. Has W10 fixed these problems yet?

in Windows 10 Support
    Has W10 fixed these problems yet?: Howdy folks! I'm (still) a W7 holdout. I tried '10' a year or so ago but it bit me, so i rolled back. What went wrong? Following is a list... (I'm not here just to gripe- that doesn't help anybody. But if i describe my problems, others will probably share them and be helped...