Windows 10: 100% CPU usage after PC factory reset

Discus and support 100% CPU usage after PC factory reset in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello, after I reset my PC, I noticed that my CPU usage stays on 100%, even though I updated all my drivers, started in safe mode to see if there was... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by iiHasTaPower, Jul 15, 2019.

1. 100% CPU usage after PC factory reset

Hello, after I reset my PC, I noticed that my CPU usage stays on 100%, even though I updated all my drivers, started in safe mode to see if there was any changes. I contacted agent support, they did their troubleshooting stuff, twice in fact I contacted them. It didn't help at all. I tried all the solutions found online and nothing helped me. Please help I really need it.

System specs: https://imgur.com/a/lqroWsL

100% CPU usage after PC factory reset 933c9a78-e6a7-4c99-9b01-dbd5cdfd0018?upload=true.png

:)

iiHasTaPower, Jul 15, 2019

2. CPU Usage 100%

PC starts with 100% cpu usage. It won't come down even cpu is left idle. Cpu fan won't stop, when temp are normal.

Vivek Rajbhar, Jul 15, 2019
  3. Wysiwig Win User
    cpu usage at 100%

CPU usage at 100% from start up for no apparently good reason. Service Host appears to be the problem but I cant narrow it down more than that at present.

Any suggestions?

I am using Windows 10 full release version 64 bit.

Wysiwig, Jul 15, 2019
  4. 100% CPU usage after PC factory reset

CPU Usage 100% after HDD format

Hi there,

I went on a download-frenzy and thought that I might've picked up a virus.. my computer had a bunch of useless crap on it anyways so I decided to just format the HDD. (reset to factory settings). I found out that formatting the HDD doesn't always remove every
    type of virus, but like I said, the HDD needed a cleaning anyways.

So after I formatted the HDD and reinstalled the win10 OS, I decided that my first order of business was downloading a game that wasn't running so great before the factory reset.. to my surprise, it was still running like sh*t!! Despite the factory reset and
    having more than the required specs.

**I opened up task manager to check processes and noticed CPU usage was at 100%.. Memory usage was above 30%, and disk usage was 100% (and fluctuating).

Did extensive research to find out that it was most likely a driver issue? .. apparently Microsoft isn't always the best at choosing drivers? .. idk how it works, and frankly Idc.. I just want my computer to run the games I want.

I went to device manager and disabled a Network Adapter (WiFi Adapter), and that made a noticeable difference to the CPU. (idling at around 14-16%). When I enabled it, the CPU spiked to 100% again. Could be one of the culprits?

Also, there was 64 Background Processes and 28 Windows processes before I even had the chance to touch anything after the OS reinstall.. is that normal?

Suggestions/opinions?

...TylerPaxton..., Jul 15, 2019
Thema:

100% CPU usage after PC factory reset

1. 100% CPU usage after PC factory reset - Similar Threads - 100% CPU usage

2. CPU USAGE 100% After update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    CPU USAGE 100% After update: Hello After windows Update My CPU going crazy It working on 100% and Freezing screen, So i reinstalled and installled Fresh 1903 but still freezing, same as 1809 with last update, i just tested Cpu And GPu aslow RAM everything is good with em, how can i fix this...
  3. 100% Disk Usage even after factory reset

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    100% Disk Usage even after factory reset: I've tried nearly every thing I've seen about the issue and none have seemed to work. I factory resetted my computed and it'll bounce from 1% to 100% when I try to do anything....
  4. 100% CPU usage

100% CPU usage: So as you can see from the picture below, i have 100% CPU usage and it doesnt even add up to 100% half of the time. After being connected to MS support for about an hour, the only thing they have 'helped' me with is uninstalling chrome so that I may use edge to reinstall it...
  5. Windows 10 100% disk usage even after factory reset

Windows 10 100% disk usage even after factory reset: Good evening, I'm getting a 100% disk usage issue on my laptop. I've done a fresh reset to factory settings and it's still the same. I've run Malwarebytes, spybot search and destroy, and Avast. I've also gone through Checkdisk, disk defrag etc. I'm going to buy an SSD...
  6. cpu usage 100 %

in Windows 10 Customization
    cpu usage 100 %: hey i have this problem where the cpu usage is 100 everytime i open a game , earlier i had the same problem but by tweaking the setting i was able to eradicate the problem https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cpu-usage-100/daf2fb0b-4faf-42e3-ba66-1f115759346f
  7. Laptop idles at 100% CPU usage even after a factory reset

Laptop idles at 100% CPU usage even after a factory reset: So for quite a while now my laptop has been running painfully slow with its CPU usage constantly at 100%. I've tried every guide and solution available but nothing worked so in the end i decided to completely reset my computer to see if it would fix it. But no, i open up the...
  8. 100% CPU Usage

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    100% CPU Usage: I just had a strange event. My laptop's CPU usage hit 100% and stayed there, and the fan came on even though the CPU and HD temps were normal (CPU 44-47C, HD: 39-42C). Any thoughts on what happened? Restarting seems to have fixed it, at least temporarily. I'm doing a virus...
  9. 100% CPU Usage after PC start

100% CPU Usage after PC start: Hmmm. And when you shutdown everything is closed, browser, apps, Office? Process Explorer will give you way more detail than task manager to help isolate activity causing the CPU usage. https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/sys...ocess-explorer
  10. 100% CPU usage.

100% CPU usage.: Hi all. I sometimes use Xilisoft audio convertor and it puts CPU usage through the roof, sits on 100%. I do not use other progs to compare this to. Consequently PC slows down sometimes freezes, web slow to load etc. Is this normal. New install of win 10, 2 months ago. 8 gig...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. after reformat cpu usage still 100%