Windows 10: 100% CPU usage after PC factory reset

Discus and support 100% CPU usage after PC factory reset in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello, after I reset my PC, I noticed that my CPU usage stays on 100%, even though I updated all my drivers, started in safe mode to see if there was... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by iiHasTaPower, Jul 15, 2019.

1. 100% CPU usage after PC factory reset

Hello, after I reset my PC, I noticed that my CPU usage stays on 100%, even though I updated all my drivers, started in safe mode to see if there was any changes. I contacted agent support, they did their troubleshooting stuff, twice in fact I contacted them. It didn't help at all. I tried all the solutions found online and nothing helped me. Please help I really need it.

System specs: https://imgur.com/a/lqroWsL

100% CPU usage after PC factory reset 933c9a78-e6a7-4c99-9b01-dbd5cdfd0018?upload=true.png

:)

iiHasTaPower, Jul 15, 2019

2. CPU Usage 100%

PC starts with 100% cpu usage. It won't come down even cpu is left idle. Cpu fan won't stop, when temp are normal.

Vivek Rajbhar, Jul 15, 2019
  3. Wysiwig Win User
    cpu usage at 100%

CPU usage at 100% from start up for no apparently good reason. Service Host appears to be the problem but I cant narrow it down more than that at present.

Any suggestions?

I am using Windows 10 full release version 64 bit.

Wysiwig, Jul 15, 2019
  4. 100% CPU usage after PC factory reset

CPU Usage 100% after HDD format

Hi there,

I went on a download-frenzy and thought that I might've picked up a virus.. my computer had a bunch of useless crap on it anyways so I decided to just format the HDD. (reset to factory settings). I found out that formatting the HDD doesn't always remove every
    type of virus, but like I said, the HDD needed a cleaning anyways.

So after I formatted the HDD and reinstalled the win10 OS, I decided that my first order of business was downloading a game that wasn't running so great before the factory reset.. to my surprise, it was still running like sh*t!! Despite the factory reset and
    having more than the required specs.

**I opened up task manager to check processes and noticed CPU usage was at 100%.. Memory usage was above 30%, and disk usage was 100% (and fluctuating).

Did extensive research to find out that it was most likely a driver issue? .. apparently Microsoft isn't always the best at choosing drivers? .. idk how it works, and frankly Idc.. I just want my computer to run the games I want.

I went to device manager and disabled a Network Adapter (WiFi Adapter), and that made a noticeable difference to the CPU. (idling at around 14-16%). When I enabled it, the CPU spiked to 100% again. Could be one of the culprits?

Also, there was 64 Background Processes and 28 Windows processes before I even had the chance to touch anything after the OS reinstall.. is that normal?

Suggestions/opinions?

...TylerPaxton..., Jul 15, 2019
Thema:

100% CPU usage after PC factory reset

1. 100% CPU usage after PC factory reset - Similar Threads - 100% CPU usage

2. 100% disk usage even after factory reset

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    100% disk usage even after factory reset: Well, the subject can pretty much explain my question. My pc had been reaching 100% disk usage in task manager for months so I decided to factory reseting it. Unfortunately, now it seems it is worse than before, and even opening Microsoft Edge or a PDF document can take...
  3. 100% disk usage even after factory reset

in Windows 10 Gaming
    100% disk usage even after factory reset: Well, the subject can pretty much explain my question. My pc had been reaching 100% disk usage in task manager for months so I decided to factory reseting it. Unfortunately, now it seems it is worse than before, and even opening Microsoft Edge or a PDF document can take...
  4. 100% disk usage even after factory reset

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Laptop at 100% disk usage after factory reset.

Laptop at 100% disk usage after factory reset.: The other day I grabbed my old laptop because I was going to use it for school, and after starting it up, I remembered how slow it was so I was going to look into it, long story short, it was at 100% disk usage, that is my best guess of why it is so slow. So I decided I was...
  6. 100% cpu usage after boot

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    100% cpu usage after boot: Basically when i boot my pc after few seconds my CPU starts running at 100% but it goes to normal once i open the task manager, it doesnt leave me the time to look at which process is using the cpu. i first noticed this when i booted my pc and went afk, came back and saw the...
  7. CPU USAGE 100% After update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    CPU USAGE 100% After update: Hello After windows Update My CPU going crazy It working on 100% and Freezing screen, So i reinstalled and installled Fresh 1903 but still freezing, same as 1809 with last update, i just tested Cpu And GPu aslow RAM everything is good with em, how can i fix this...
  8. 100% Disk Usage even after factory reset

100% Disk Usage even after factory reset: I've tried nearly every thing I've seen about the issue and none have seemed to work. I factory resetted my computed and it'll bounce from 1% to 100% when I try to do anything....
  9. Laptop idles at 100% CPU usage even after a factory reset

Laptop idles at 100% CPU usage even after a factory reset: So for quite a while now my laptop has been running painfully slow with its CPU usage constantly at 100%. I've tried every guide and solution available but nothing worked so in the end i decided to completely reset my computer to see if it would fix it. But no, i open up the...
  10. 100% CPU Usage after PC start

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    100% CPU Usage after PC start: Hmmm. And when you shutdown everything is closed, browser, apps, Office? Process Explorer will give you way more detail than task manager to help isolate activity causing the CPU usage. https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/sys...ocess-explorer

Users found this page by searching for:

1. reformatted and cpu is 100%

2. cpu 100% usage even when reset to factory

3. cpu still at 100 after complete reset

4. 100% cpu speed after reformating,
  5. high cpu usage on factory reset,
  6. after reformat cpu usage still 100%