Windows 10: 100% CPU usage during Defender Scan

Discus and support 100% CPU usage during Defender Scan in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I have closed out all possible bloat junk I can and made sure nothing funky was set to run on start up and yet it still freezes mid scan. Also, just... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Fourbyfun1, Jul 7, 2019.

1. 100% CPU usage during Defender Scan

I have closed out all possible bloat junk I can and made sure nothing funky was set to run on start up and yet it still freezes mid scan.

Also, just started freezing while playing lower demand games which led me to run a scan.

:)

Fourbyfun1, Jul 7, 2019

2. CPU usage 100%

100% CPU usage during Defender Scan 8bd370eb-4c4e-43cf-b3f9-b88d27726e1a.png

As you can see my CPU usage is always 100%, Due to this CPU fan never stops, even when temperature are normal.

When I turn on pc, it always starts with 100% cpu usage. I also ran malware and antivirus scans, couldn't help (Quick Heal antivirus).

Using Windows 10 updated to latest version.

Vivek Rajbhar, Jul 7, 2019
  3. Wysiwig Win User
    cpu usage at 100%

CPU usage at 100% from start up for no apparently good reason. Service Host appears to be the problem but I cant narrow it down more than that at present.

Any suggestions?

I am using Windows 10 full release version 64 bit.

Wysiwig, Jul 7, 2019
  4. 100% CPU usage during Defender Scan

CPU Usage 100%

PC starts with 100% cpu usage. It won't come down even cpu is left idle. Cpu fan won't stop, when temp are normal.

Vivek Rajbhar, Jul 7, 2019
Thema:

100% CPU usage during Defender Scan

1. 100% CPU usage during Defender Scan - Similar Threads - 100% CPU usage

2. Windows Defender 100% CPU Usage when doing full scan

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows Defender 100% CPU Usage when doing full scan: Hi,As the title suggests, after 1-2 minutes of running full scan, the CPU usage spikes up and uses up all the remaining CPU. I don't remember this happening with previous full scans. at most used up 40-50% CPUI do have Malwarebyte installed and did a full scan root-kit and...
  3. Windows Defender 100% CPU Usage when doing full scan

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Defender 100% CPU Usage when doing full scan: Hi,As the title suggests, after 1-2 minutes of running full scan, the CPU usage spikes up and uses up all the remaining CPU. I don't remember this happening with previous full scans. at most used up 40-50% CPUI do have Malwarebyte installed and did a full scan root-kit and...
  4. Windows Defender 100% CPU Usage when doing full scan

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. CPU overheating and CPU usage going up to 100% when running Full Scan on Windows Defender.

CPU overheating and CPU usage going up to 100% when running Full Scan on Windows Defender.: When I run a Full Scan or scan the C:\ drive , the computer's CPU heats up to ~80 degrees celcius 176F and the CPU usage goes up to 100%. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/cpu-overheating-and-cpu-usage-going-up-to-100-when/0162a33f-b3aa-424c-b835-75a580f0066c
  6. High cpu usage during full antivirus scan

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    High cpu usage during full antivirus scan: I am using dell inspiron 155000 i7 laptop .I have a preinstalled Mcafee antivirus and usually do a full scan once a month.Recently i observed some problems in my pc they are;1.Full scan from Mcafee uses cpu upto 100% and speed over 3.00ghz consistently unlike previously cpu...
  7. CPU 100% usage

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    CPU 100% usage: I have two issues with windows 10, first issue is that, the taskbar in windows 10 showing me that the CPU is being used 100%. In Ubuntu it's running smoothly. I didn't have the issue windows until this morning. So after trying multiple solution from online the CPU still shows...
  8. Windows 10 Defender Full Virus Scan- CPU Usage 100%

Windows 10 Defender Full Virus Scan- CPU Usage 100%: About a few months ago, i noticed this. Whenever i do a full scan of my computer, the cpu would hit 100% and stay 100%. Sometimes it might drop to 95% or 90% but then it immediately goes back to 100%. The issue here is when this happens, my laptop is basically unusable. Thus...
  9. CPU at 100% Usage when using Full Scan in Windows Defender

CPU at 100% Usage when using Full Scan in Windows Defender: I'm trying to scan for viruses but every time I choose Full Scan or Custom Scan my C: Drive my CPU shoots up to 100% usage and overheats prompting the scan to stop or my PC shuts down. I used Core Temp during a scan and all cores are getting up to 100 degrees Celsius. I've...
  10. 100% CPU usage.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    100% CPU usage.: Hi all. I sometimes use Xilisoft audio convertor and it puts CPU usage through the roof, sits on 100%. I do not use other progs to compare this to. Consequently PC slows down sometimes freezes, web slow to load etc. Is this normal. New install of win 10, 2 months ago. 8 gig...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows defender virus scan 100% cpu

2. bitdefender 2019 100% cpu during system scan