Windows 10: 100% CPU usage spike

Discus and support 100% CPU usage spike in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hi my computer was working fine last night no issues then this morning I power on and suddenly it stuck at 100% CPU usage and it's all windows... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/steeledlee, Apr 1, 2020.

1. 100% CPU usage spike

Hi my computer was working fine last night no issues then this morning I power on and suddenly it stuck at 100% CPU usage and it's all windows processes that seem to be occuping the usage. I have done a reset and removed everything and still same issue I don't think there was a Windows update in last 24 hours that I could have done that's caused this anyone else having issues today?

submitted by /u/steeledlee
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/steeledlee, Apr 1, 2020

2. CPU spiking to 100% in windows 10

I am having a similar problem. Every 60 seconds the CPU usage spikes due to Windows Explorer. The system freezes for a few seconds and then continues. Sometimes windows close.

I have started in Safe Mode and also a Clean Boot but the problem persists. I tried the system maintenance, as suggested, with no luck. I'm not sure what else to try.

LarryEhnert, May 25, 2020
  3. Explorer constantly spiking CPU usage for Win 10

Hi. Thank you for your answer. I tried all your suggestions, but nothing helped.

Clean bot seems helped at first but no after some hours spikes came back and now spiking more often with every hour of PC working.

Same happened also without clean boot.

Any other suggestions what to try ?

Just to let you know that I worked with Win 7 before with even more programs installed than now and I did not switched off my PC for weeks and CPU usage was lower in general not to talk about any spikes in CPU, newer noticed anything like that...

Thanks

DanielRamirezz, May 25, 2020
  4. 100% CPU usage spike

Cpu usage spikes

Hello ! My PC specs are the following:

- AMD Ryzen 1600x CPU

- Nvidia Gtx 1060 6gb GPU

- 8 GB DDR4 RAM ( 2400 MHz)

- Asus B350 Prime Plus Motherboard

Sometimes I get those weird spikes ( they come and go ) lasting for 1-2 seconds of 100% CPU utilization. In idle state the CPU utilization stays between 5-10% ( up to 20% if im browsing the internet and having programs like Steam, Discord etc running in
    background), but when the spike comes I can see how the pc freezes for 1 second ( typical lag freeze) and how the cpu utilization rizes to 100% CPU then jumps back down to under 20%. I have waited with taskmanager such a spike and discovered that when it happens,
    System NT Kernel & System is the one process that its sudently eating up all the CPU resources.

I tried updating all the drivers and im still having the problem. Here is a Windows Performance Record

link
    where I left the pc running for 45 minutes and I saw atleast 1 spike happening in those 45 minutes ( I kept going away from the computer and coming back).

CatalinIancu, May 25, 2020
Thema:

100% CPU usage spike

1. 100% CPU usage spike - Similar Threads - 100% CPU usage

2. My CPU is spiking to 100% usage without a reason.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My CPU is spiking to 100% usage without a reason.: I have a problem with my desktop computer. The thing is that yesterday I changed my graphics card from rtx 2060 to gtx 1650 and after uninstalling the drivers with the help of ddu and pulling out the 2060 graphics, my computer could not turn on when it had 1650 in it, or...
  3. My CPU is spiking to 100% usage without a reason.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My CPU is spiking to 100% usage without a reason.: I have a problem with my desktop computer. The thing is that yesterday I changed my graphics card from rtx 2060 to gtx 1650 and after uninstalling the drivers with the help of ddu and pulling out the 2060 graphics, my computer could not turn on when it had 1650 in it, or...
  4. My CPU is spiking to 100% usage without a reason.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Audiodg.exe Spikes Cpu Usage

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Audiodg.exe Spikes Cpu Usage: Every 5 minutes or so audiodg.exe spikes my cpu usage to about 50% and any audio im playing cuts out and then comes back a second or 2 later. The video is completely fine and it's not a problem with my USB Headset. audiodg.exe stays at low cpu usage when it's not spiking....
  6. Spikes in CPU usage

Spikes in CPU usage: Hi, In my current version of windows, I can see random spikes in CPU usage. This happens even when the device is not being used. I can see CPU % on my Rainmeter skin go from 1% to 17%. Any fixes? I have an ASUS S550CM Intel i5 1.7 GHz 8 GB RAM Nvidia GT 635M...
  7. 100 disk usage spikes

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    100 disk usage spikes: So I've these problems with disk usage rising to 100% for 5-20 seconds every few minutes or so. Mind you this hard drive has run Windows 10 since February 2018 and I started having this problem in July 2019, so for almost two years Windows 10 has been smooth as butter. I can...
  8. Disk Usage Spikes to 100%

Disk Usage Spikes to 100%: Hi, I have an ASUS Laptop here with the following specs: Intel Optane 1TB HDD Intel Core i5 8300H at 2.7Ghz NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 8GB RAM Windows 10 Home running Version 1909 OS Build 18363.592 I have reinstalled windows from a USB after backing up my files off the...
  9. 100% Disc Usage (Spikes) Not always at 100%

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    100% Disc Usage (Spikes) Not always at 100%: Hey guys I'm currently having a huge problem... I recently changed my hard drive cause of the random 100% disc usage spikes... Well to no sucess that didn't work. It still causes major spikes i've noticed it mainly happens when i download something. I've tried disabling...
  10. 100% CPU usage.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    100% CPU usage.: Hi all. I sometimes use Xilisoft audio convertor and it puts CPU usage through the roof, sits on 100%. I do not use other progs to compare this to. Consequently PC slows down sometimes freezes, web slow to load etc. Is this normal. New install of win 10, 2 months ago. 8 gig...