Windows 10: 100% CPU usage while on AC power plugged to Surface Pro 5

Discus and support 100% CPU usage while on AC power plugged to Surface Pro 5 in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; After Microsofts new windows update, I have very strange behaviour on my surface. My surface pro 5 with i7 cpu and 16GB of ram was supper fast and was... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by AfshinKashani Ilkhechi, Jan 21, 2021.

1. 100% CPU usage while on AC power plugged to Surface Pro 5

After Microsofts new windows update, I have very strange behaviour on my surface. My surface pro 5 with i7 cpu and 16GB of ram was supper fast and was working super smoothly. I got an windows update about a month ago and after that, my surface is a trash, here is my problem with surface:

When surface is on battery, it perform perfectly, fast, snappy, however, if you become unlucky and you batter rans out, and you have to connect it to power, System uses %100 of the CPU, fans blows hot air, and windows becomes a trash, even moving mouse on screen becomes impossible, until to unplug the power!!!

Since this is new and happended after windoes update, I believe, many people have similar problem, if you have the same problem here is perfect solution: I am not here to seek a solution since I spend days with online Microsoft help and they did NOTHING

Go to Apple.ca and order an Macbook Air power with M1 CPU and forget Microsoft and its silly game of forcing you to upgrade your hardware.

Thank you,

Afshin

:)

AfshinKashani Ilkhechi, Jan 21, 2021

2. 100% CPU usage while on AC power - System Interrupts problem

I have been having the same issue that others have been experiencing
    here
    , here, and here.
    When you search for this you see
    many results

My symptoms:

- On battery power, computer behaves "normally".

- Immediately after plugging AC charger in, Task manager reports 100% CPU usage and never drops from that. The fan on my laptop runs constantly because of this.

The culprits in the Task Manager appear to be "System", "System Interrupts" and "Desktop Window Manager". See this screenshot:

100% CPU usage while on AC power plugged to Surface Pro 5 3d03b8fd-2418-4669-8822-86ecb59ca766?upload=true.png

The CPU usage of these three tasks jumps up and down between 30% and 0%, but the total CPU usage is always reported as 100%.

Steps I have taken:

1. Restart in safe mode (same issue)

2. The steps outlined in this post

3. Restart many other times.

4. Remove peripheral hardware.

I ran performance monitoring as outlined in this post. I can link the results from a shared OneDrive folder
    if that would be helpful.

Here is a screenshot from that:

100% CPU usage while on AC power plugged to Surface Pro 5 ba0d1746-7e05-498d-a79a-3161014919ea?upload=true.png

Where my mouse is (around 6 seconds in) is when I plugged in my laptop. There is a small spike in System (4) processes, but those go back down. When looking at task manager during this time, CPU usage is at 100%, but this performance trace does not report
    the same thing as seen here:

100% CPU usage while on AC power plugged to Surface Pro 5 58d994e8-e8f1-4ee7-b0e7-828212f269b6?upload=true.png

Any help would be appreciated!!

I am running Windows 10 Version 1903 (OS Build 18362.592)

Dell XPS 15 9570 (Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-8750H CPU @ 2.20GHz[Cores 6] [Logical/Core 2])

PeterBoone1, Jan 21, 2021
  3. Windows defender high cpu usage on my surface pro when its powered

I have problem with the process windows malware excecutable in task manager on my surface pro4 , basically if im running without power connection just with battery the process use arount 14% of cpu in background as soon as i connect the power cable to
    the surface pro the cpu usage skip over 40% .... i need a solution please

EmanuelaVvisentin, Jan 21, 2021
  4. Dave Onex Win User

100% CPU usage while on AC power plugged to Surface Pro 5

Widow 10 - Power Plan / CPU Usage Stuck @ 100%

Hi Folks;

Clean install of Windows 10 Pro w/all drivers.

The problem is that under the high performance power plan the CPU usage stays at 100% and battery life shows just a few hours. I then modified the advanced settings so that the minimum CPU usage on that plan is 5%.

Even with nothing running the CPU stays pretty much pegged at the top. Battery life indicates it is being eaten alive due to CPU usage

On the Balanced plan CPU usage will range from very little to max depending on what's running - which is correct.

So the problem is that the High Performance plan keeps the CPU pegged at nearly maximum, even though it's set to lower to 5% and there is nothing using the CPU.

BTW, I'd appreciate it if I could get an answer from someone knowledgeable as opposed to someone in India that thinks the answer is to set defaults or the like.

Dave Onex, Jan 21, 2021
Thema:

100% CPU usage while on AC power plugged to Surface Pro 5

1. 100% CPU usage while on AC power plugged to Surface Pro 5 - Similar Threads - 100% CPU usage

2. 100% cpu usage

in Windows 10 Gaming
    100% cpu usage: My pc has been throwing a code randomly when I update/restart my pc something for a fan which one of mine needs to be replaced but now I restarted and got the code I usually just restart it again and it’ll work this time my pc booted up and nothing would open or it was...
  3. 100% CPU usage while docking

in Windows 10 Gaming
    100% CPU usage while docking: So, I have a Lenovo with Windows 10, IntelR CoreTM i7-10510U CPU @ 1.80GHz 2.30 GHz, 23GB memory and whenever I connect a dock to use two external monitors Icy Box/DisplayLink I get peaks of CPU use, actually, it stays at 100% until I disconnect the dock. I searched for...
  4. 100% CPU usage while docking

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    100% CPU usage while docking: So, I have a Lenovo with Windows 10, IntelR CoreTM i7-10510U CPU @ 1.80GHz 2.30 GHz, 23GB memory and whenever I connect a dock to use two external monitors Icy Box/DisplayLink I get peaks of CPU use, actually, it stays at 100% until I disconnect the dock. I searched for...
  5. 100% CPU usage while docking

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  6. CPU usage at 100%

CPU usage at 100%: Hi!My name is Luca and from like 2 weeks ago my laptop started lagging.At first i didnt know what it was,but when i watched some videos online i looked at my task manager and the CPU was at 100%.I watched so many videos online but it didn't work.My laptop i an ASUS AMD Ryzen...
  7. 100% cpu usage

100% cpu usage: I have begun to notice when I have my charger plugged into my laptop, it causes my CPU usage to shoot up to 100%. However, when I unplug my charger it drops down to around 20%-30%. Does this mean my laptop charger is playing up? Or is there something running on my pc that Is...
  8. 100% CPU usage while on AC power - System Interrupts problem

100% CPU usage while on AC power - System Interrupts problem: I have been having the same issue that others have been experiencing here, here, and here. When you search for this you see many results. My symptoms: - On battery power, computer behaves "normally". - Immediately after plugging AC charger in, Task manager reports 100%...
  9. CPU 100% usage

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    CPU 100% usage: I have two issues with windows 10, first issue is that, the taskbar in windows 10 showing me that the CPU is being used 100%. In Ubuntu it's running smoothly. I didn't have the issue windows until this morning. So after trying multiple solution from online the CPU still shows...
  10. 100% CPU usage.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    100% CPU usage.: Hi all. I sometimes use Xilisoft audio convertor and it puts CPU usage through the roof, sits on 100%. I do not use other progs to compare this to. Consequently PC slows down sometimes freezes, web slow to load etc. Is this normal. New install of win 10, 2 months ago. 8 gig...