Windows 10: 100% CPU usage while on AC power - System Interrupts problem

Discus and support 100% CPU usage while on AC power - System Interrupts problem in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I have been having the same issue that others have been experiencing here, here, and here. When you search for this you see many results. My... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by PeterBoone1, Jan 27, 2020.

1. 100% CPU usage while on AC power - System Interrupts problem

I have been having the same issue that others have been experiencing here, here, and here. When you search for this you see many results.

My symptoms:

- On battery power, computer behaves "normally".

- Immediately after plugging AC charger in, Task manager reports 100% CPU usage and never drops from that. The fan on my laptop runs constantly because of this.

The culprits in the Task Manager appear to be "System", "System Interrupts" and "Desktop Window Manager". See this screenshot:

100% CPU usage while on AC power - System Interrupts problem 3d03b8fd-2418-4669-8822-86ecb59ca766?upload=true.png

The CPU usage of these three tasks jumps up and down between 30% and 0%, but the total CPU usage is always reported as 100%.

Steps I have taken:

1. Restart in safe mode same issue

2. The steps outlined in this post

3. Restart many other times.

4. Remove peripheral hardware.

I ran performance monitoring as outlined in this post. I can link the results from a shared OneDrive folder if that would be helpful.

Here is a screenshot from that:

100% CPU usage while on AC power - System Interrupts problem ba0d1746-7e05-498d-a79a-3161014919ea?upload=true.png

Where my mouse is around 6 seconds in is when I plugged in my laptop. There is a small spike in System 4 processes, but those go back down. When looking at task manager during this time, CPU usage is at 100%, but this performance trace does not report the same thing as seen here:

100% CPU usage while on AC power - System Interrupts problem 58d994e8-e8f1-4ee7-b0e7-828212f269b6?upload=true.png

Any help would be appreciated!!

I am running Windows 10 Version 1903 OS Build 18362.592

Dell XPS 15 9570 IntelR CoreTM i7-8750H CPU @ 2.20GHz[Cores 6] [Logical/Core 2]

:)

PeterBoone1, Jan 27, 2020
  2. OAJJAIN Win User

High CPU usage by "System interrupts"

I tried to solve the problem ky resetting the pc to uts pre-installed form but it didnt solve the problem. I open task manager and see 100%cpu usage by only one process. As soon as task manager opens system interrupts stops using cpu at all. When i close
    the task manager the same process again stars consuming my CPU. What should i do now?

OAJJAIN, Jan 27, 2020
  3. atheros ar5005g causes windows 10 to have system interrupts and 100% CPU usage

Hi,

I have an ACER Aspire 5100-3357 originally on Vista Home Premium 32 bit. Upgraded to Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit, then free upgrade to Windows 10. The install took 24 hours and very slow processing after and not full functionality. Task Manager showed
    high CPU usage due to system interrupts. Had BSOD. Started disabling devices and found the Atheros AR5005G wireless network adapter when disabled returned all to normal. Appears to be functioning fully except no wifi. Tried to download "Driver Detective",
    but did not solve problem. There are a bunch of sites out there claiming to have the correct driver. Tried to re-enable driver and CPU usage and system interrupts reoccurred. Tried to update driver, driver most current per windows. Have not contacted Microsoft
    Support yet. Any suggestions on getting the right driver that will not cause CPU usage and system interrupts problems?

Thanks.

Tim

TimMathias, Jan 27, 2020
  4. 100% CPU usage while on AC power - System Interrupts problem

System interrupts 100% CPU usage

I've been having an intermittent problem for a while now whereby Windows 10 (build 18362.418) will become completely unresponsive for about a couple of minutes. If I'm quick and launch Task Manager after it becomes responsive I can see that the System Interrupts
    entry is using 100% CPU. I've heard that this can be caused by buggy drivers but I have no idea how I would go about verifying that this is the case or identifying which driver is responsible. Can anyone help?

Simon John Morgan, Jan 27, 2020
Thema:

100% CPU usage while on AC power - System Interrupts problem

1. 100% CPU usage while on AC power - System Interrupts problem - Similar Threads - 100% CPU usage

2. SYSTEM INTERRUPT 100% of CPU

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    SYSTEM INTERRUPT 100% of CPU: I am in a little predicament with my computer. Here are my computer specs: AMD Ryzen 5 3600 6-Core ProcessorNVIDIA GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER16gb of RAM500 GB SSD Windows installed on SSD1 TB HDDIm unsure if you need any more info on the build, but theres that. I built my...
  3. System Interrupts 100% CPU

System Interrupts 100% CPU: When I use my laptop as casual my fans constantly speed up for no reason like I'm running some heavy programs. When I open the task manager to check the reason I found the "System Interrupts" process using 100% of my CPU and automatically turn off for no reason. It's like...
  4. System Interrupts 100% CPU Usage

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    System Interrupts 100% CPU Usage: Same problem, new clean installation is not helping and Malwarebytes is not finding anything. When I open task manager it shows System Interrupts 100% CPU Usage and then disappears. If l leave open task manager then System Interrupts does not come up. I noticed this 100% cuz...
  5. System Interrupts 100% CPU Usage

in Windows 10 Gaming
    System Interrupts 100% CPU Usage: Same problem, new clean installation is not helping and Malwarebytes is not finding anything. When I open task manager it shows System Interrupts 100% CPU Usage and then disappears. If l leave open task manager then System Interrupts does not come up. I noticed this 100% cuz...
  6. System Interrupts 100% CPU Usage

7. System Interrupts 100% CPU Usage

System Interrupts 100% CPU Usage: Year 2021, and still people are facing System Interrupts that eat up 100% CPU Usage, unless you open task manager.Once you do that and magically system stops to load my PC to the fullest. I found some analogue question without resolution dated 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020.I have...
  8. 100% CPU usage while on AC power plugged to Surface Pro 5

100% CPU usage while on AC power plugged to Surface Pro 5: After Microsofts new windows update, I have very strange behaviour on my surface. My surface pro 5 with i7 cpu and 16GB of ram was supper fast and was working super smoothly. I got an windows update about a month ago and after that, my surface is a trash, here is my problem...
  9. System interrupts 100% CPU usage

System interrupts 100% CPU usage: I've been having an intermittent problem for a while now whereby Windows 10 (build 18362.418) will become completely unresponsive for about a couple of minutes. If I'm quick and launch Task Manager after it becomes responsive I can see that the System Interrupts entry is...
  10. System Interrupts 100% CPU Usage Windows v1809

System Interrupts 100% CPU Usage Windows v1809: System interrupts takes up 100% when user is doing nothing and burning out fan. Old remedies do not work. This needs an update! Please help! Thanks Mr Bee....