Windows 10: 100% Disc Usage (Spikes) Not always at 100%

Discus and support 100% Disc Usage (Spikes) Not always at 100% in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hey guys I'm currently having a huge problem... I recently changed my hard drive cause of the random 100% disc usage spikes... Well to no sucess that... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by DarkAbsurd, Jul 7, 2016.

1. 100% Disc Usage (Spikes) Not always at 100%

Hey guys I'm currently having a huge problem... I recently changed my hard drive cause of the random 100% disc usage spikes... Well to no sucess that didn't work. It still causes major spikes i've noticed it mainly happens when i download something. I've tried disabling superfetch and all the other stuff including windows defenders nothing worked. Im thinking maybe its the mobo or cpu... considering my wifes hard drive wasnt spiking or anything i took her hard drive popped it in my desktop its using windows 10 also and her hard drive immediatly starts spiking from any little thing exactly replicating my hard drive. so leaves me to believe hardware related or maybe driver/bios... i have no clue any incite would be very appreciated thank you so much. *Smile ~ Brandon

:)

DarkAbsurd, Jul 7, 2016

2. why is win 10 spiking my disc usage to 100%

I am having the same issue. My hard drive goes to 100% and completely freezes the computer. I tried the steps above and they did not fix the problem. I notice that the disc usage spikes to 100% whenever I open File Explorer. What can I do to fix this
    problem?

BobNormalForm, Jul 7, 2016
  3. Windows 10 disk keeps spiking to 100%

Hi,

My disk keeps spiking to 100% since I upgraded to Windows 10. I upgraded in September and the problem started with little infrequent spikes where the disk would stay at 100% for a few seconds. However since September the problem has got progressively worse
    and now the disk usage frequently reaches 100% and it stays at 100% for about 5 minutes.

I've tried various solutions on the internet to 100% disk but none of them have worked.

RyanMounce, Jul 7, 2016
  4. RWOne Win User

100% Disc Usage (Spikes) Not always at 100%

How about when your'e NOT downloading something?

If you're downloading something, you're going to have disc activity on top of whatever else the system is doing....

Screenshot of Task manager requested, using advanced and the processes tab.

RWOne, Jul 7, 2016
  5. Yeah i understand that downloading causes it to spike... The only problem with that is even after it cont to idle high... or when playing a game or something it will randomly spike to 100% then drop back down fast then spike again cause random hiccups int he game i will get a screenshot but i gotta download a game first i completely reinstalled windows 10. Its currently low disc usuage atm cause im not doing anything as soon as i start playing something its going to keep spiking

DarkAbsurd, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

100% Disc Usage (Spikes) Not always at 100%

1. 100% Disc Usage (Spikes) Not always at 100% - Similar Threads - 100% Disc Usage

2. Disc usage 100%

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Disc usage 100%: Hello,lately I'm bothered by the problem of 100% disk usage on which system is running.I tried all the methods that I can find here and o the other forums.After reinstalling the windows by using windows 11 ISO.After some time problem come back.I also scan the disk results...
  3. Disc usage 100%

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Disc usage 100%: Hello,lately I'm bothered by the problem of 100% disk usage on which system is running.I tried all the methods that I can find here and o the other forums.After reinstalling the windows by using windows 11 ISO.After some time problem come back.I also scan the disk results...
  4. 100% disc usage

in Windows 10 Gaming
    100% disc usage: I have been having problems with my Dell Optiplex 5260 for months now. I was running Windows 10 but have managed to upgrade to Windows 11 with some difficulty - its not easy with 100% disc usage - but still the problem persists.When I start up the CPU and Memory are fine but...
  5. 100% disc usage

100% disc usage: I have been having problems with my Dell Optiplex 5260 for months now. I was running Windows 10 but have managed to upgrade to Windows 11 with some difficulty - its not easy with 100% disc usage - but still the problem persists.When I start up the CPU and Memory are fine but...
  6. Disc usage is 100%

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Disc usage is 100%: Disc usage is 100% whenever i open a program or when i turn on my laptop. Due to this issue my system runs very slow almost every time please help. I have tried everything in my knowledge to fix it and i failed....
  7. Disc usage is 100%

Disc usage is 100%: Disc usage is 100% whenever i open a program or when i turn on my laptop. Due to this issue my system runs very slow almost every time please help. I have tried everything in my knowledge to fix it and i failed....
  8. 100 disk usage spikes

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    100 disk usage spikes: So I've these problems with disk usage rising to 100% for 5-20 seconds every few minutes or so. Mind you this hard drive has run Windows 10 since February 2018 and I started having this problem in July 2019, so for almost two years Windows 10 has been smooth as butter. I can...
  9. 100% CPU usage spike

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    100% CPU usage spike: Hi my computer was working fine last night no issues then this morning I power on and suddenly it stuck at 100% CPU usage and it's all windows processes that seem to be occuping the usage. I have done a reset and removed everything and still same issue I don't think there was...
  10. Disk Usage Spikes to 100%

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Disk Usage Spikes to 100%: Hi, I have an ASUS Laptop here with the following specs: Intel Optane 1TB HDD Intel Core i5 8300H at 2.7Ghz NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 8GB RAM Windows 10 Home running Version 1909 OS Build 18363.592 I have reinstalled windows from a USB after backing up my files off the...