Windows 10: 100% disk ar idle making the computer unresponsive. Please help

Discus and support 100% disk ar idle making the computer unresponsive. Please help in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hi, I recently bought a Dell G3 and Have been getting horrible lag due to an almost constant 100% disk usage that's rendering the laptop almost... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/terectec, Dec 9, 2019.

1. 100% disk ar idle making the computer unresponsive. Please help

Hi, I recently bought a Dell G3 and Have been getting horrible lag due to an almost constant 100% disk usage that's rendering the laptop almost unusable. I've looked it up and tried everything, EVERYTHING! I've stoping sysmain, cortana, Windows search, update, antivirus but nothing worked. Then I ran a full disk check thinking it was hardware related but nope, it came out clean. I then proceeded to fully format the disck and reinstall windows 10 twice and sent it back to dell but to no avail. I know I have a slow 5400 rpm drive but that is no excuse for constant lag and my other components are very good. I've also updated it to the latest release. Honestly I've ran out of things to try. I've watched and tried every tutorial or video out there but nothing works! Please, if anyone know of anything I can do to fix this i'll be eternally grateful.

submitted by /u/terectec
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/terectec, Dec 9, 2019
  2. TimGrandt Win User

Clean install, disk usage at 100%

I've seen that article. and I am in fact not running that driver. I followed the steps and it does not appear in the list.

TimGrandt, Dec 9, 2019
  3. Laptop Disk 100%

Hi Geo,

There a several possible reasons as to why your computer would stop responding correctly when you leave it idle for a certain amount of time, For us to resolve you concern, kindly answer the questions below:

• Were there any recent changes made on you computer before this started happening?
    • Were there any updates installed last night while you were using the computer?

You can also refer to this
    link
    for troubleshooting steps you can try to resolve the issue.

We look forward to your response once you complete the steps.

Jordan Dom, Dec 9, 2019
  4. 100% disk ar idle making the computer unresponsive. Please help

Clean install, disk usage at 100%

Hello Tim,

If the Task Manager shows the disk to be at 100% utilization despite a light or no workload, and the system may experience lag or become unresponsive this could be due to software complications or driver issue. To sort out performance issue, we suggest following
    the steps advised on this article.

We look forward to your response.

Regards.

Melchizedek Qui, Dec 9, 2019
Thema:

100% disk ar idle making the computer unresponsive. Please help

1. 100% disk ar idle making the computer unresponsive. Please help - Similar Threads - 100% disk idle

2. Disk running at 100. Please help!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Disk running at 100. Please help!: I've had this problem - on and off - for ages but it seems to be becoming pretty much constant. Please help! My laptop will become sluggish to the point where doing anything opening a browser etc becomes almost impossible. I check in Task Manager and disk is running at 100....
  3. Disk running at 100. Please help!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Disk running at 100. Please help!: I've had this problem - on and off - for ages but it seems to be becoming pretty much constant. Please help! My laptop will become sluggish to the point where doing anything opening a browser etc becomes almost impossible. I check in Task Manager and disk is running at 100....
  4. Disk 100 PLEASE FOR THE LOVE OF GOD HELP ME

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Disk 100 PLEASE FOR THE LOVE OF GOD HELP ME: I've read hundreds of disk 100 posts. I've tried everything. Absolutely everything. My laptop grinds to a halt all the time even when literally nothing is running and I get severe stuttering in game. There is no concievable way that my entire disk's capacity is being used, it...
  5. Need Help With 100% disk usage when idle

Need Help With 100% disk usage when idle: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/SlyRNerk [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/io77gu/need_help_with_100_disk_usage_when_idle/
  6. Computer extremely slow with 100% disk usage. Please help.

Computer extremely slow with 100% disk usage. Please help.: Hi i have a 5 year old Dell Laptop. About a week ago the computer became extremely slow and freezes all the time. It has 100% disk usage with normal startup constantly. Dialog boxes often have text missing. For example command prompt has no text and is blank. In safe mode...
  7. Disk 100... again. Please help me

Disk 100... again. Please help me: I had this problem before after an update. Microsoft support remote accessed and refreshed the system on my dads laptop with a .iso file. My laptop never got the reflash, but a new update fixed it. Now I called customer service and cant talk to someone without paying. This...
  8. Disk performance 100% and random spikes help please

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Disk performance 100% and random spikes help please: I have seen many different solutions to this problem of having your disk at 100%. If I stop super fetch it helps but I still have spikes that freeze applications. I don't want to permanently stop super fetch if I don't have to as it sounds like a helpful application. I...
  9. Disk 100% problem Please Help

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Disk 100% problem Please Help: i had this problem with my PC my Disk Is always 100% in Taskmanger and windows is working but many software not responding I stop superfetch , windows search , BITS , Delivery optimization and i still have this problem i set my virtual memory more bigger , the problem...
  10. Disk usage 100% please help

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Disk usage 100% please help: Hello, i have been years reading in this forum, but i have never been a member, now i need your help! I have a laptop (Lenovo z50-70) (Bought 2 years ago) Specs: Intel core i5 7200U 2.5GHz - 2.71GHz RAM: 6 GB 64 bit windows 10 home 1000 gb Hard disk Asus page drivers...