Windows 10: 100% disk CPU usage

Discus and support 100% disk CPU usage in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; anybody have a fix for 100% disk usage? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/100-disk-cpu-usage/ca488c0a-0db3-46da-a424-9c36d5778103 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by gmsmasonmam, Sep 28, 2020.

1. 100% disk CPU usage

anybody have a fix for 100% disk usage?

:)

gmsmasonmam, Sep 28, 2020

2. 100% CPU and DISK USAGE

Please press Ctrl+Shift+Escape and let us know which processes in the list are consuming the most CPU and Disk usage.

Shawn 'Cmdr' Keene [MVP], Sep 28, 2020
  3. 100% disk usage.

Summer has ended and my girlfriend booted her school laptop for the first time in months, only for it to be so unbearably slow that it took several minutes to log in. She handed it to me and said "fix it"... that was 3 days ago and now I am here to humbly
    ask the community what is going on with this GD laptop.

It boots and task manager reports 100%CPU usage, it then lags for several seconds and displays 100%disk usage with CPU usage bouncing between 30-60%.

If you leave it alone with task manager running it will eventually quiet down to a reasonable 0-5% disk usage, but doing ANYTHING causes it to bounce right back to 100%.

I have tried EVERYTHING.

• disable superfetch.
    • disable microsoft search.
    • disable updates and suggestive tips.
    • updated to the most current version of microsoft. (it hadn't been updated since 2018 when she bought it.)
    • reconfigured AHCI PCIE.
    • changed energy options.
    • disabled indexing.
    • reset the virtual memory.
    • ran disk defragment and disabled all scheduling.
    • updated all drivers.
    • deleted google chrome.
    • Disabled all services that weren't microsoft services and disabled all startup programs (clean boot).
    Still no change in the disk usage.

Its an HP Laptop model 15-bw0xx with Windows 10 home edition version 10.0.18362

after messing with it this long im considering replacing the HDD with an SSD but I fear that it wont fix the issue.

LucasParsons, Sep 28, 2020
  4. 100% disk CPU usage

CPU and Disk usage.

Even I'm not running any app still my CPU and DISK usage are 100 %. what should I do. As due to it my laptop is not working properly as CPU usage is 100.

NikhilBadyal, Sep 28, 2020
Thema:

100% disk CPU usage

1. 100% disk CPU usage - Similar Threads - 100% disk CPU

2. 100% CPU & Disk usage

in Windows 10 Gaming
    100% CPU & Disk usage: So hello, I am suffering from two problems at the same time caused by the system. System interrupts uses 100% of the CPU, and sometimes system and wsappx use 100% of the Disk. I do not know what the reason is and I did not find a useful solution....
  3. 100% CPU & Disk usage

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    100% CPU & Disk usage: So hello, I am suffering from two problems at the same time caused by the system. System interrupts uses 100% of the CPU, and sometimes system and wsappx use 100% of the Disk. I do not know what the reason is and I did not find a useful solution....
  4. 100% CPU & Disk usage

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. 100% disk memory and cpu usage?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    100% disk memory and cpu usage?: Sometimes when i try to get on my computer and play a game i keep getting 100% disk memory and memory usage and i always have to restart my computer to make it stop but im getting annoyed since its happening a lot more, i have ran malwarebytes for viruses but there are none i...
  6. CPU at 100% and Disk Usage at 100%

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    CPU at 100% and Disk Usage at 100%: I need a solution for the above mentioned problems please! submitted by /u/its_inzamam [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/jr466k/cpu_at_100_and_disk_usage_at_100/
  7. 100 cpu, memory and disk usage.

100 cpu, memory and disk usage.: This just randomly started happening. I scanned for viruses and can't find a fix. Help? submitted by /u/Not-Cynical [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/h7uoze/100_cpu_memory_and_disk_usage/
  8. CPU/Memory/Disk Usage at 100%

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    CPU/Memory/Disk Usage at 100%: Whenever I run any program on my laptop, my disk usage, along with CPU and memory usage shoot up to 100%. Even without running any programs, task manager still shows them operating at around 60-70%. I have tried every other online solution with no success whatsoever....
  9. CPU 100% usage

CPU 100% usage: I have two issues with windows 10, first issue is that, the taskbar in windows 10 showing me that the CPU is being used 100%. In Ubuntu it's running smoothly. I didn't have the issue windows until this morning. So after trying multiple solution from online the CPU still shows...
  10. 100% CPU usage.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    100% CPU usage.: Hi all. I sometimes use Xilisoft audio convertor and it puts CPU usage through the roof, sits on 100%. I do not use other progs to compare this to. Consequently PC slows down sometimes freezes, web slow to load etc. Is this normal. New install of win 10, 2 months ago. 8 gig...