Windows 10: 100% Disk error

Discus and support 100% Disk error in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi, I'm a student and I have a PC for educational purpose. ,2-3 months ago, there was a outbreak of COVID-19 again in Vietnam and I had to stay at... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by bestIQ, Jun 13, 2021.

1. bestIQ Win User

100% Disk error

Hi, I'm a student and I have a PC for educational purpose. ,2-3 months ago, there was a outbreak of COVID-19 again in Vietnam and I had to stay at home. I had to study online. My PC was very slow and I was late for some online classes. I have searched in some forum. They said that the cause was 100% disk error. I used Defragment tools and it was solved. But after 2-3 days, it happened again. Can someone help me to fix it completely?

:)

bestIQ, Jun 13, 2021
  2. TimGrandt Win User

Clean install, disk usage at 100%

I've seen that article. and I am in fact not running that driver. I followed the steps and it does not appear in the list.

TimGrandt, Jun 13, 2021
  3. 100% disk usage

The most common cause of 100% disk usage appears to be Superfetch and Prefetch, but there are also other causes. You can try disabling both these features and see if it helps.

This article provides steps to disable prefecth and superfetch:

-
    How to Fix 100% Disk Usage Error in Windows 10

Salman Patwegar, Jun 13, 2021
  4. Allan Mej Win User

100% Disk error

Disk is always at 100%

Hi Richard,

Some bugs or disk drive errors may cause high disk utilization. If your task manager shows 100% disk utilization, you may need to optimize Windows by following these troubleshooting methods:

Disable Windows Search

Some bug in Windows 8, 8.1 and 10 causes some "search loop" that causes maximum utilization of your disk. To disable
    Windows Search, kindly follow these steps:

• Press Windows + R to open Run.
    • Type services.msc and press Enter.
    • Scroll down to find Windows Search, right-click it, and select
      Properties.
    • Change the Startup type to Disabled and save the changes.

Disable Superfetch Service

Superfetch service has been identified as a possible cause of 100% disk utilization on Windows 10. To disable Superfetch service, kindly follow these steps:

• Press Windows + X and select Command Prompt (Admin).
    • Type net.exe stop superfetch and press Enter.
    • Wait for a minute for the changes to apply and close the Command Prompt.

Let us know how things goes.

Regards.

Allan Mej, Jun 13, 2021
Thema:

100% Disk error

1. 100% Disk error - Similar Threads - 100% Disk error

2. 100% Disk Error

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    100% Disk Error: Hi, I was getting the 100% disk error on start. I searched everywhere how to fix it and tried many solutions. None had worked.I bought a new SSD so I could format the old HD, but I have too many settings there that would make a nightmare to set up again in a new OS, and it...
  3. 100% Disk Error

in Windows 10 Gaming
    100% Disk Error: Hi, I was getting the 100% disk error on start. I searched everywhere how to fix it and tried many solutions. None had worked.I bought a new SSD so I could format the old HD, but I have too many settings there that would make a nightmare to set up again in a new OS, and it...
  4. 100% Disk Error

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. 100% disk usage error

100% disk usage error: I built my pc about 2 months ago and it randomly crashed and I got a BSOD error, now it takes 30 mins to start up and my disk usage is always at 100% in task manager. Specs: Windows 10 Professional Graphic card NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1660 Ti Installed RAM 16 GB Version...
  6. Help with disk 100% error

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Help with disk 100% error: Hi, few days ago, I encountered the win 10 auto repair loop error on my Dell laptop. I had to do a system restore in order to resolve that issue. Immediately after, I am encountering extremely slow laptop which I believe is caused by disk 100% usage as shown on my taskbar...
  7. Fatal Error and Disk 100

Fatal Error and Disk 100: I've just installed https://www.teem.com/ in my PC but it's making fatal error No in https://smartway2.com/ I've installed it but somehow it makes my disc spike upto 100 Does it have a problem with the apps that I tried to install or there's a problem in my PC? Please...
  8. Disk 100%

Disk 100%: disk is at 100% windows 10. How can I fix it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/disk-100/8c826a25-25fd-487a-9843-1210d2514d4f
  9. 100% Disk

100% Disk: My computer starts out fine, but ram usage starts climbing as I use it and after some time it hits 90% or so and then the disk usage sky rockets to 100%. I've had this problem before but none of the solutions I've tried in the past work anymore. I've disabled windows search,...
  10. Critical Error & 100% disk usage

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Critical Error & 100% disk usage: I've been having this issue now for over a day and cant seam to find any solution? This start after a sudden shut down on my pc from me working inside the pc and a metal piece touching the mobo. If anyone has a solution that would be helpful Hdd is also over 5 years ago....