Windows 10: 100 % disk not resolved by microsoft for years now... I smell a law suit coming...

Discus and support 100 % disk not resolved by microsoft for years now... I smell a law suit coming... in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; For years now there is a 100 % disk issue and it seems like microsoft is not addressing this issue as a major problem. Lucky for microsoft i hate apple... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by JohnSeoane, May 21, 2020.

1. 100 % disk not resolved by microsoft for years now... I smell a law suit coming...

For years now there is a 100 % disk issue and it seems like microsoft is not addressing this issue as a major problem. Lucky for microsoft i hate apple other wise i would have jumped ship years ago. I see a lot of moderators putting up solutions that do not work and the internet is full of fake news. The truth is you guys have not found a resolution to this issue and it shows incompetency on behalf of all who are in charge. Instead of working on new features why not work more on the stability of what we already have.. What we have is a very unstable operating system.... If you delete this post then i know for a fact you guys are hiding some thing....

:)

JohnSeoane, May 21, 2020
  2. Nikhar_K Win User

Microsoft Power Service causing 100% Disk Usage

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I appreciate the efforts you have taken in trying to resolve the issue. I understand that the Power service is causing 100% Disk Usage on your computer.

Based on the troubleshooting steps you have tried and research you have done, I would suggest you to try disabling Hibernate and see if that makes a difference. Refer the steps mentioned below:

1. Type command prompt in the
      search bar
      on the Taskbar.
    2. Right click on the command prompt icon and select
      Run as administrator.
    3. Now, paste the following command and hit Enter:
      powercfg /hibernate off

For more information on disabling Hibernation, see How
    to disable and re-enable hibernation on a computer that is running Windows

You may also want to look at the steps in the article
    Task Manager might show 100% disk utilization on Windows 10 devices with Message Signaled Interrupt (MSI) mode enabled

Note: Important this section, method, or task contains steps that tell you how to modify the registry. However, serious problems might occur if you modify the registry incorrectly. Therefore, make sure that you follow
    these steps carefully. For added protection, back up the registry before you modify it. Then, you can restore the registry if a problem occurs.

Follow the steps to take backup of registry.

If the issue persists, we would like to know the make and model of the computer to research more on the issue.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards,

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, May 21, 2020
  3. TimGrandt Win User
    Clean install, disk usage at 100%

I've seen that article. and I am in fact not running that driver. I followed the steps and it does not appear in the list.

TimGrandt, May 21, 2020
  4. 100 % disk not resolved by microsoft for years now... I smell a law suit coming...

Laptop Disk 100%

Hi Geo,

There a several possible reasons as to why your computer would stop responding correctly when you leave it idle for a certain amount of time, For us to resolve you concern, kindly answer the questions below:

• Were there any recent changes made on you computer before this started happening?
    • Were there any updates installed last night while you were using the computer?

You can also refer to this
    link
    for troubleshooting steps you can try to resolve the issue.

We look forward to your response once you complete the steps.

Jordan Dom, May 21, 2020
Thema:

100 % disk not resolved by microsoft for years now... I smell a law suit coming...

1. 100 % disk not resolved by microsoft for years now... I smell a law suit coming... - Similar Threads - 100 disk resolved

2. Como resolver disk usage em 100% ?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Como resolver disk usage em 100% ?: Vamos lá, eu tenho um computador de última geração com muita RAM, processador Intel de 11° geração, GPU rtx 3060, enfim. Completamente novo! Tem algo de 3 meses que foi montado. Porém o uso do SSD sata está em 100%, sendo o system o processo que está consumindo, isso está...
  3. Como resolver disk usage em 100% ?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Como resolver disk usage em 100% ?: Vamos lá, eu tenho um computador de última geração com muita RAM, processador Intel de 11° geração, GPU rtx 3060, enfim. Completamente novo! Tem algo de 3 meses que foi montado. Porém o uso do SSD sata está em 100%, sendo o system o processo que está consumindo, isso está...
  4. Is this legal? Is Microsoft breaking the law?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Is this legal? Is Microsoft breaking the law?: Re Windows 11 email app delivering email in html. I just got an email from the Los Angeles County Court re my legally required jury duty. The aol email delivered to my Windows 11 email app is in html and is unreadable. The Windows 11 email app html bug has been going on for...
  5. 100% disk usage, won't resolve.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    100% disk usage, won't resolve.: Hello, I have an HP omen 17-an012dx and for the past few months it has been at 100% disk usage. I have followed the forums and discussion to try and resolve the problem but nothing has helped it. I'm wondering if it is a lost cause and I should get a new...
  6. How can I stop 100% disk and the BSOD that comes with it

How can I stop 100% disk and the BSOD that comes with it: Can someone please help me ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-stop-100-disk-and-the-bsod-that-comes/0afb8c0a-078c-4b76-bcab-643a7d9f921c
  7. Has Microsoft figured out the 100% disk usage problem that it has had for years and years...

Has Microsoft figured out the 100% disk usage problem that it has had for years and years...: I just check back every year or two, knowing that there's no fix in spite of the fact that I paid a lot of money for this piece of junk. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/has-microsoft-figured-out-the-100-disk-usage/4332cf3d-e32e-4bae-bb85-21d5e1dca1c5
  8. 100% Disk Use bug for two years

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    100% Disk Use bug for two years: Hello everyone,I bought this laptop in July 2017 and ever since then the disk usage has almost always been at 100%. Most of the time the computer is fine with this but sometimes it gets really slow. I've done all of the usual methods to fix this (disable Windows Search,...
  9. How do I resolve the 100% disk usage issue when I download from the Microsoft Store?

How do I resolve the 100% disk usage issue when I download from the Microsoft Store?: I installed the Xbox (Beta) for PC, when I choose a game to download so after a while Microsoft Store will use 100% of the disc, so the system is all slow. How to solve this please?...
  10. Windows 10 forced update class action law suit.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 forced update class action law suit.: I have a friend who work in the industry and he told me that his job is to use updates to slow down my computer. This is my computer and no one has the right to intentionally slow it down. Does anyone know how I can join the Windows 10 forced update law suit....