Windows 10: 100% Disk, Only Windows Installer Running

Discus and support 100% Disk, Only Windows Installer Running in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; My computer has been super slow and buggy lately, so I checked the task manager and my disk is at 100%. The only thing it shows as running in the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/No_Round4740, Jul 11, 2020.

1. 100% Disk, Only Windows Installer Running

My computer has been super slow and buggy lately, so I checked the task manager and my disk is at 100%. The only thing it shows as running in the background is Windows Installer. I tried to disable a few things like windows search and superfetch. I also ran a check disk. No luck. Any advice?

Edit: system is also running at about 25-40%

submitted by /u/No_Round4740
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/No_Round4740, Jul 11, 2020
  2. TimGrandt Win User

Clean install, disk usage at 100%

I've seen that article. and I am in fact not running that driver. I followed the steps and it does not appear in the list.

TimGrandt, Jul 11, 2020
  3. Disk Usage at 100% with nothing running

My PC is running Windows 10 with the latest updates but has suddenly become unusable with disk usage staying at 100% even with nothing running and just the same processes listed in Task Manager as before the problems
    started. I've tried a few suggestions found in online forums - disabling Windows Search and Superfetch, adjusting page file size, etc. but nothing has done the trick yet. I don't have any outside anti-virus software installed. I read about the potential MSI
    issue but don't have IDE ATA/ATAPI Controllers listed in the Device Manager. Finally, it seems to boot up normally and will have periods where the disk usage drops and it's usable but those moments are brief and it inevitably goes back up to 100% usage.

TONeill_1313, Jul 11, 2020
  4. 100% Disk, Only Windows Installer Running

windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Jul 11, 2020
Thema:

100% Disk, Only Windows Installer Running

1. 100% Disk, Only Windows Installer Running - Similar Threads - 100% Disk Installer

2. Windows 10 100% Disk Utilization only when Office installed

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 100% Disk Utilization only when Office installed: One of my Windows 10 computers is very slow to respond. Disk performance is pegged at 100%. I've tried several "fixes" from this forum to no avail. The ONLY solution is when I un-install the Office suite. Disk then show normal performance. When I re-install, the disk again...
  3. Windows 10 100% Disk Utilization only when Office installed

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 100% Disk Utilization only when Office installed: One of my Windows 10 computers is very slow to respond. Disk performance is pegged at 100%. I've tried several "fixes" from this forum to no avail. The ONLY solution is when I un-install the Office suite. Disk then show normal performance. When I re-install, the disk again...
  4. Windows 10 100% Disk Utilization only when Office installed

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Windows 11 Disk running 100% constantly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Disk running 100% constantly: Hello, How do I lower my Disk usage?I have a Hp Pavillion 360 that I am running windows 11 on. My Disk percentage according to the task manager is at 100% none stop. I have tried everything from disabling SysMain which solved my CPU issue to completely wiping and starting...
  6. Windows 11 Disk running 100% constantly

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 Disk running 100% constantly: Hello, How do I lower my Disk usage?I have a Hp Pavillion 360 that I am running windows 11 on. My Disk percentage according to the task manager is at 100% none stop. I have tried everything from disabling SysMain which solved my CPU issue to completely wiping and starting...
  7. Disk running at 100%

Disk running at 100%: Good day I read through a lot of discussions about above mentioned subject. I have a HP I5 7th gen laptop 2GB nvidia 940mx 8GB Ram 1TB HDD Windows 10 I have spent a lot of hours on trying to fix the 100% disk usage issue. From what i can remember i did the...
  8. Memory and disk run 100%

Memory and disk run 100%: Im using Lenovo G400s with intel i5 RAM 8gb. Recently, upgrade my laptop from windows 8 to windows 10. But the problem is my Memory and Disk is running 100% even just started the laptop. Can someone explain why?...
  9. laptop runs at 100% disk

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    laptop runs at 100% disk: I purchased a Lenovo laptop 6 weeks ago from a reputable local retailer. I was traveling and started using the laptop after my return, which unfortunately was after the 30 day return policy. The laptop runs at 100% disk at start up and continues for some time, making it...
  10. Windows 10 Installation. Running Slower, 100% Disk Usage???

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 Installation. Running Slower, 100% Disk Usage???: Windows 10 Installation. Running Slower, 100% Disk Usage??? I just installed W10. It seems to be running slower, its using almost 100% of my disk space, whats the issue??? Asus Laptop, 2.40 CPU. 8GB ram [img] 14309