Windows 10: 100% Disk Slowing Down Laptop After Dropping It?

Discus and support 100% Disk Slowing Down Laptop After Dropping It? in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I refently drppped my laptop on my carpet floor while it was running, and it seemed fine at first, but then it gave me a memory error and gave me all... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by JoshYantz, May 3, 2020.

1. JoshYantz Win User

100% Disk Slowing Down Laptop After Dropping It?

I refently drppped my laptop on my carpet floor while it was running, and it seemed fine at first, but then it gave me a memory error and gave me all sorts of issues which I sorted out using chkdsk and allowing the laptop to basically fix itself, but now it is reporting 100% disk usage at completely random times, slowing down the whole laptop. I have had this issue in the past, about a year ago, and I fixed it, but now this may be a physical problem with the hard drive, so if anyone has any advice for me on what to do next after trying everything I already know to fix the issue I would greatly appreciate it.

:)

JoshYantz, May 3, 2020

2. disk is at 100%. Computer is slow

My window 10 HP laptop is slow and sometimes unresponsive. Disk is at 100% when nothing is running

Help

RobertFleming, May 3, 2020
  3. 100% disk usage and slow boot

Hi, I have a Dell Inspiron laptop for about three and a half years and in recent months its boot is slow and in the first minutes, it uses 100% of the disk.
    It has some heavy programs like Visual Studio, Android Studio and more on it, but it's not always been like that.

I use windows 10 home. The computer has Intel I5 CPU and 8GB RAM.

Are there suggestions for improving the computer's performance?

TsahiBarshevsky, May 3, 2020
  4. JoeCerra Win User

Windows 10 100% disk utilization

I have a relatively new laptop (Christmas 2017) noticed that it was running slow. In Task Manager it is showing 100% disk utilization.

I have scoured the web and have tried all applicable fixes and have not resolved the issue.

this is maddening anyone have any suggestions

only 7% cpu, 40% memory 100% disk, 0% network

thanks in advance

JoeCerra, May 3, 2020
Thema:

1. 100% Disk Slowing Down Laptop After Dropping It? - Similar Threads - 100% Disk Slowing

2. 100% disk utilisation slowing laptop

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    100% disk utilisation slowing laptop: 2021 HP with i7 processors and Windows 10Have carried out HDD checks and all state its fine.Need help please https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/100-disk-utilisation-slowing-laptop/c5cbafc6-17fe-41ed-8f47-4989ec37cc83
  3. 100% disk utilisation slowing laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    100% disk utilisation slowing laptop: 2021 HP with i7 processors and Windows 10Have carried out HDD checks and all state its fine.Need help please https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/100-disk-utilisation-slowing-laptop/c5cbafc6-17fe-41ed-8f47-4989ec37cc83
  4. 100% disk utilisation slowing laptop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. 100% Disk usage, slowing down the laptop to snail speed

100% Disk usage, slowing down the laptop to snail speed: I have Dell Inspiron 15" model from 2018 with 1TB of HDD, 8GB of RAM, Intel UHD graphics card.For quite some time it has been pretty slow, and the problem usually seems to be disk usage, which gets 100% like on the image.Right now it is so slow, that I can't even take a print...
  6. Windows slow After install and disk 100%.

Windows slow After install and disk 100%.: Hi I have 1000 GB 1TB on my laptop, I use Linux Mint so I installed windows 10 using nowjust now and the share of the drives is in the pic, and its soo slow slow response, well Linux mint is the worlds fastest, how to make it faster and the disk in the task manager is like...
  7. Laptop Incredibly Slow and Disk at 100%

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Laptop Incredibly Slow and Disk at 100%: My wife's laptop is slow to the point of unusable and the disk is constantly at 100%, even start from bootup. I have removed everything I can from start-up and disabled all non-Microsoft services as you can see from the below: https://i.imgur.com/hHCL45T.jpg I am at a loss...
  8. Laptop's disk is always 100%, making it slow.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Laptop's disk is always 100%, making it slow.: Hey there! I have this laptop, and got it last summer. For some reason, the disk is ALWAYS at 100%. Why is that? It seems to be the "System" process. [ATTACH]...
  9. Playlists Slow drop down

in Windows 10 Customization
    Playlists Slow drop down: Hello Ric. I discovered your willingness to help people by chance . I have a recent problem : in my windows media player ( vers 12.0.17134.441 ), I have to wait more than 2-3 minutes after opening the media player to see my playlists. The playlists ( more than 100 playlists...
  10. 100% Disk Usage, Slowing Down PC. Anything?

100% Disk Usage, Slowing Down PC. Anything?: Often times I get 100% disk usage on my PC. I searched on the internet previously about why I was getting this. I originally thought this was a normal problem. Anytime I get 100% disk usage, my PC starts slowing down and things start running slower. This for some reason...