Windows 10: 100% disk usage after May 2020 Update

Discus and support 100% disk usage after May 2020 Update in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; My Hp laptop RAM :8GB, Intel 8th gen i3 is working perfectly before the update. When i updated to new windows 2004 build, every thing goes to worse,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Vishnu V, Jun 3, 2020.

1. Vishnu V Win User

100% disk usage after May 2020 Update

My Hp laptop RAM :8GB, Intel 8th gen i3 is working perfectly before the update. When i updated to new windows 2004 build, every thing goes to worse, now i can't use any application, the systemntoskrnl.exe is using 100% disk and windows is hanging, I tried all possible way, "DISM, SFC, windows search disable, update drivers and all things early mentioned in the forum. I uninstall Anti-virus programme "Kaspersky " and using device manager again conformed that all drivers are working properly . Even I can't open Firefox or edge, before I use Matlab 2019b easily. Now when nothing is work. I hope you can understand my situation, Please help me to over come the problem.

:)

Vishnu V, Jun 3, 2020

2. 100% disk usage

The most common cause of 100% disk usage appears to be Superfetch and Prefetch, but there are also other causes. You can try disabling both these features and see if it helps.

This article provides steps to disable prefecth and superfetch:

-
    How to Fix 100% Disk Usage Error in Windows 10

Salman Patwegar, Jun 3, 2020
  3. PavolBugos, Jun 3, 2020
  4. 100% disk usage after May 2020 Update

100% disk usage.

Summer has ended and my girlfriend booted her school laptop for the first time in months, only for it to be so unbearably slow that it took several minutes to log in. She handed it to me and said "fix it"... that was 3 days ago and now I am here to humbly
    ask the community what is going on with this GD laptop.

It boots and task manager reports 100%CPU usage, it then lags for several seconds and displays 100%disk usage with CPU usage bouncing between 30-60%.

If you leave it alone with task manager running it will eventually quiet down to a reasonable 0-5% disk usage, but doing ANYTHING causes it to bounce right back to 100%.

I have tried EVERYTHING.

• disable superfetch.
    • disable microsoft search.
    • disable updates and suggestive tips.
    • updated to the most current version of microsoft. (it hadn't been updated since 2018 when she bought it.)
    • reconfigured AHCI PCIE.
    • changed energy options.
    • disabled indexing.
    • reset the virtual memory.
    • ran disk defragment and disabled all scheduling.
    • updated all drivers.
    • deleted google chrome.
    • Disabled all services that weren't microsoft services and disabled all startup programs (clean boot).
    Still no change in the disk usage.

Its an HP Laptop model 15-bw0xx with Windows 10 home edition version 10.0.18362

after messing with it this long im considering replacing the HDD with an SSD but I fear that it wont fix the issue.

LucasParsons, Jun 3, 2020
Thema:

100% disk usage after May 2020 Update

1. 100% disk usage after May 2020 Update - Similar Threads - 100% disk usage

2. 100% disk usage after win11 update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    100% disk usage after win11 update: My DELL-G7 was just updated to win11 from win10. And it became VERY VERY slow even just to open a folder and freezes sometimes. I checked the task manager, and guessed that the full disk usage may be the reason? How can I solve it?btw, all available windows updates are...
  3. 100% disk usage after win11 update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    100% disk usage after win11 update: My DELL-G7 was just updated to win11 from win10. And it became VERY VERY slow even just to open a folder and freezes sometimes. I checked the task manager, and guessed that the full disk usage may be the reason? How can I solve it?btw, all available windows updates are...
  4. 100% Disk Usage after Update

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    100% Disk Usage after Update: Build: 18362.19h1 Release: 190318-1202 The "System" process in Task Manager is reporting 0.1MB/s but showing 100% disk usage. Windows Apps seem to be corrupted. Calculator, Camera, etc. greyed out and getting error messages saying App Failed to Start What I tried: - Stopped...
  5. Regarding WIndows 10 May 2020 update usage of Disk

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Regarding WIndows 10 May 2020 update usage of Disk: I have Asus A555LF Laptop, currently running on Windows 10 May 2020 Update. The main problem I noticed is Disk usage is 100 percent all time. Microsoft Search, Telemetry and System are 3 processes that take most of the disk usage. Please help....
  6. 100% disk usage after windows update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    100% disk usage after windows update: I've updated my computer and Task Explorer states that the hard drive is at 100% disk usage. I'm not very tech savvy, is this normal ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/100-disk-usage-after-windows-update/a7331e73-2bc5-4d01-9acd-33fe53d755c6
  7. 100% disk usage and updates not occurring

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    100% disk usage and updates not occurring: My computer has been running extremely slow as of late and on opening task manager have realized that my computer has 100% disk usage(mostly used by system) even though I'm not running anything. I've looked up possible solutions such as disabling superfetch to no avail. This...
  8. 100% disk usage after updating to winver 1809

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    100% disk usage after updating to winver 1809: i just updated my windows to latest win 1809 version and now i have a problem.. its showing me 100% disk usage by system in task manager and pc is slow... any help will be appreciated.....
  9. 100% disk usage after windows update

100% disk usage after windows update: Hi! So I have just recently updated my computer last week on Thursday and ever since then my disk usage has been sitting at 100% most of the time without running anything in the background. I have tried with disabling superfetch and the other thing (I can't remember what it...
  10. 100% disk usage

100% disk usage: i am using i7-7700hq processor laptop but still my laptop was loading slowly.when i checked my task manager it shows me my disk usage is 100%. so anybody help me to solve this problem...