Windows 10: 100% Disk usage due to "System" process

Discus and support 100% Disk usage due to "System" process in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello! I'm finally posting here after endless posts on here where Microsoft support was unable to do anything due to a lack of information. I'm... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by NekeNeko24, Dec 9, 2019.

1. 100% Disk usage due to "System" process

Hello!

I'm finally posting here after endless posts on here where Microsoft support was unable to do anything due to a lack of information.

I'm having an issue with my Disk usage upon startup... It's to the point where i hardly ever use my computer anymore because it takes so long to boot up and run smoothly.

The System process takes up the majority of the disk space for a half hour, maybe more, upon start up. A few other programs fight for first (like wsappx and various service hosts) but system is the one that causes the most issues.

I've tried a slew of things and nothing ever works as I've perused the Microsoft forums for months now, anything that doesnt require deletion of files and memory.

My computer is currently trying to install the latest updates as of 12/9/2019 9:45 AM which is titled "Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 1903 for x64-based Systems (KB4524570)".

Edition: Windows 10 Home

Version: 1903

Installed on: 9/30/2019

OS Build: 18362.418

:)

NekeNeko24, Dec 9, 2019
  2. cake14 Win User

system 100% disk usage even after reset

for example i open a picture the pictures process goes 100% disk usage

i open a game, i get 100% disk usage and after i close i also get 100% disk usage.

usually its system process always doing 100% disk usage.

cake14, Dec 9, 2019
  3. How to solve 100 % disk usage in windows 10 after fall update?

Hi Manikanteswara,

Usually, a virus could be the main cause of 100% disk usage. The first step in rectifying the problem is to check your disk usages. You need to open the Task Manager and take a look at your disk usages to identify the programs or applications that are causing
    your hard disk 100% usage. Here's how:

• Type task manager in the Windows search bar and select the best match.
    • In the Processes tab, look at the disk process to see what is causing your hard disk 100% usage.

Kindly send a screenshot, so I can take a closer look.

Hoping to hear from you soon.

Aileen Alf, Dec 9, 2019
  4. 100% Disk usage due to "System" process

High Disk Usage Due to "System" Process?

Hi,

There are different factors that can affect the performance of your Windows 10 device. This includes recent updates, device drivers that need to be updated and much more. For us to resolve your concern, kindly answer the questions below:

• Were there any changes made or updates installed prior to the issue occurring?
    • Were you able to verify which system process was having a high disk usage?
    • Which version and build of Windows 10 is installed on your device?

As an initial recommendation, you can follow the steps on this
    link
    in there order they are posted to improve the performance of your device.

We look forward to your response to our queries.

Jordan Dom, Dec 9, 2019
Thema:

100% Disk usage due to "System" process

1. 100% Disk usage due to "System" process - Similar Threads - 100% Disk usage

2. 100% Disk usage due to System

in Windows 10 Gaming
    100% Disk usage due to System: As the title mentions, when I check my task manager, it says that 100% of my disk is being used due to some System Processes. It's causing my laptop to be slow and after searching around the internet, I can't seem to find a definitive answer. Would anyone know the definitive...
  3. 100% Disk usage due to System

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    100% Disk usage due to System: As the title mentions, when I check my task manager, it says that 100% of my disk is being used due to some System Processes. It's causing my laptop to be slow and after searching around the internet, I can't seem to find a definitive answer. Would anyone know the definitive...
  4. 100% Disk usage due to System

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. 100% disk usage on the system

100% disk usage on the system: I just had this problem after the update 21h1 for windows 10. The system is using 100% disk in task manager all the time. What is the solution for this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/100-disk-usage-on-the-system/788e4d30-d4fa-46eb-8430-798eda4cb71e
  6. 100% disk usage by ntoskrnl.exe SYSTEM Process

in Windows 10 Gaming
    100% disk usage by ntoskrnl.exe SYSTEM Process: Im having trouble with ntoskrnl.exe , this process taking alot of my disk usage , almost 100%, this always happend when im playing or run a heavy app, my windows version is 21H2 Home Single Language, please help me it verry laggy :Specs:Laptop acer z1401-c9jzCpu : Celeron...
  7. 100% disk usage by ntoskrnl.exe SYSTEM Process

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    100% disk usage by ntoskrnl.exe SYSTEM Process: Im having trouble with ntoskrnl.exe , this process taking alot of my disk usage , almost 100%, this always happend when im playing or run a heavy app, my windows version is 21H2 Home Single Language, please help me it verry laggy :Specs:Laptop acer z1401-c9jzCpu : Celeron...
  8. High disk usage due to "System" process

High disk usage due to "System" process: Hey community,I am YeasirI have been facing this issue more than 1 week. I tried a lot of ways to solve this problem but no luck. My computer significantly slowed down. Even it lags when I watch YouTube videos. I noticed when I do any activity like watching videos, the disk...
  9. 100% disk usage beacuse of System process

100% disk usage beacuse of System process: ShareX lagged beacuse of disk usage, so I got only the one with 99% one, look at Figure 1.Why it uses my entire disk, it makes the entire system not usable at all beacuse of lag.But not everytime, sometime it drops to 0%-50% Figure 2, and then blows up to 100% Figure...
  10. "System" process causing 100% disk usage.

"System" process causing 100% disk usage.: I have a strange problem past few months. My laptop is slow in boot and has performance issues although my CPU, GPU and memory usage never hits above 50% but the process "system" utilizes about 15mb-30mb in hdd and therefore my disk usage is never under 90%. Step I have...