Windows 10: 100% disk usage, flashing screen, can’t click on anything

Discus and support 100% disk usage, flashing screen, can’t click on anything in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; This has been the first time happening... I have turned it off and on, tried to see if it functions on Safe Mode (it does), and restarted windows.... I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/cyn-cyn-b, Feb 23, 2020.

1. 100% disk usage, flashing screen, can’t click on anything

This has been the first time happening... I have turned it off and on, tried to see if it functions on Safe Mode (it does), and restarted windows.... I have no idea what to do and I can’t click on anything other than what appears in task manager...... please help me out

submitted by /u/cyn-cyn-b
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/cyn-cyn-b, Feb 23, 2020

2. 100% disk usage

The most common cause of 100% disk usage appears to be Superfetch and Prefetch, but there are also other causes. You can try disabling both these features and see if it helps.

This article provides steps to disable prefecth and superfetch:

-
    How to Fix 100% Disk Usage Error in Windows 10

Salman Patwegar, Feb 23, 2020
  3. Jose Est Win User
    100% disk usage and memory usage

Hi,

100% disk usage and memory usage can be caused by a software corruption, running application running on the background and malware or virus infection.

For us to properly isolate the issue and provide an appropriate resolution, kindly answer the questions below:

• Did the issue happen after installing the Fall Creators?
    • Did you receive any error messages?
    • Can you send us the screenshot of the Task Manager showing the 100% disk usage and memory usage?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

For isolation purposes, please perform a clean boot to see if the same issue will occur. Refer to this
    article for more information on how to perform a clean boot
    in Windows.

Looking forward to your response.

Jose Est, Feb 23, 2020
  4. 100% disk usage, flashing screen, can’t click on anything

garybear89, Feb 23, 2020
Thema:

100% disk usage, flashing screen, can’t click on anything

1. 100% disk usage, flashing screen, can’t click on anything - Similar Threads - 100% disk usage

2. Disk usage at 100% and I cannot do anything

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Disk usage at 100% and I cannot do anything: I had a video game open on my laptop + spotify and discord and I was searching something up on my phone which took a while so i wasn’t paying attention to my laptop and once i was done i looked up and saw that nothing that i was clicking on was working. Eventually i had...
  3. Disk usage at 100% and I cannot do anything

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Disk usage at 100% and I cannot do anything: I had a video game open on my laptop + spotify and discord and I was searching something up on my phone which took a while so i wasn’t paying attention to my laptop and once i was done i looked up and saw that nothing that i was clicking on was working. Eventually i had...
  4. Disk usage at 100% and I cannot do anything

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. 100% Disk Usage and Pc dont open anything

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    100% Disk Usage and Pc dont open anything: Hey, Ive tried to move game on Steam from Disk Cmy main one to Disk E, and then everything stopped, I couldnt restart pc or close applications. I hard reseted my PC and then i noticed at the beginning my PC slowed down, I didnt see icons on desktop for 5 minutes and I cant...
  6. Disk usage 100% when i open anything

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Disk usage 100% when i open anything: I have a gaming laptop with 2 disk drives, the second one has all my games and other stuff on it cause it has the most space, and when i open anything off of that hard drive the hard drive goes to 100% usage and lags out till it "disconnects". When the hard drive disconnects...
  7. 100% Disk Usage / Memory Usage with barely anything running

100% Disk Usage / Memory Usage with barely anything running: Hi, I've had this issue on and off for a while now, but within the past few days it's been constantly there and nothing I do can seem to get rid of the issue. It started happening randomly while I was on my computer doing nothing different to normal. I thought it would go...
  8. 100% Disk Usage, Flashing screen, Can't click on anything other that what is in the Task...

100% Disk Usage, Flashing screen, Can't click on anything other that what is in the Task...: This has been the first time my computer is doing this. I have already restarted it multiple times, tried to see if it functions on Safe Mode it does, and restarted windows.... I have no idea what to do and I'm getting real frustrated. I can't click on anything other than...
  9. No log in screen / can’t click anything

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    No log in screen / can’t click anything: Hi, Since yesterday, I’ve been unable to log in to my laptop. It boots normally, but once I go to the log in screen (by clicking), there’s nothing (not even the three buttons in the bottom right corner, which sometimes appear and sometimes don’t). I also can’t click any...
  10. 100% Disk Usage, Slowing Down PC. Anything?

100% Disk Usage, Slowing Down PC. Anything?: Often times I get 100% disk usage on my PC. I searched on the internet previously about why I was getting this. I originally thought this was a normal problem. Anytime I get 100% disk usage, my PC starts slowing down and things start running slower. This for some reason...