Windows 10: 100% disk usage. HDD isn't the issue, no malware, even removed malwarebytes. Problem still...

Discus and support 100% disk usage. HDD isn't the issue, no malware, even removed malwarebytes. Problem still... in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] submitted by /u/seminal_contribution [link] [comments]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/seminal_contribution, Jul 12, 2020.

1. 100% disk usage. HDD isn't the issue, no malware, even removed malwarebytes. Problem still...

/u/seminal_contribution, Jul 12, 2020

2. Windows 10, 100% disk usage

Hi Eric,

Sometimes your computer could run very slow even though you have only very few programs running. Since you're having issue with your 100% disk usage, it is always suggested that you keep your device drivers updated to eliminate the possibility of such problems.

Let us walk you through some steps that may help us resolve your issue. Follow the steps below:

Step 1:
    Update device drivers

This will help us remove/delete any corrupted data and issues with the PC hardware and make their operations work.

Step 2: Disable Antivirus Software and Windows Defender.

If you have installed antivirus or anti-malware programs such as Norton, Kaspersky, AVG, or Malwarebytes, it is suggested that you turn them off or disable them temporary to see if the disk usage could be back to normal. If the antivirus or anti-malware
    software is at fault, we suggest that you consult the software manufacturers to see if they can provide some help.

Hope the above information helps.

Acelyn Alc, Jul 12, 2020
  3. Jose Est Win User
    100% disk usage and memory usage

Hi,

100% disk usage and memory usage can be caused by a software corruption, running application running on the background and malware or virus infection.

For us to properly isolate the issue and provide an appropriate resolution, kindly answer the questions below:

• Did the issue happen after installing the Fall Creators?
    • Did you receive any error messages?
    • Can you send us the screenshot of the Task Manager showing the 100% disk usage and memory usage?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

For isolation purposes, please perform a clean boot to see if the same issue will occur. Refer to this
    article for more information on how to perform a clean boot
    in Windows.

Looking forward to your response.

Jose Est, Jul 12, 2020
  4. 100% disk usage. HDD isn't the issue, no malware, even removed malwarebytes. Problem still...

Disk Usage "still" %100

I have Windows 10 for more than 1 years and I have this "%100 Disk Usage" thing for like 1 month. I had tried all the suggested solutions which was on your website and still had the problem. Today I reseted Windows and I still have the same Disk Usage
    problem. What should I do? And please advise something that is not on any other website for God's sake. I already had my hardware checked and there was no problem at all.

GurkanUnsal, Jul 12, 2020
Thema:

100% disk usage. HDD isn't the issue, no malware, even removed malwarebytes. Problem still...

1. 100% disk usage. HDD isn't the issue, no malware, even removed malwarebytes. Problem still... - Similar Threads - 100% disk usage

2. 100 disk usage issues

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    100 disk usage issues: I've been having this issue with my computer as of recent where the disk on task manager spikes to 100% with everything at 0mb then freezes my entire computer then blue screens usually saying critical process died or kernel data inpage error when playing most games like Dark...
  3. 100 disk usage on startup HDD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    100 disk usage on startup HDD: Hello!I'm getting 100% disk usage every time on startup. It usually went down after a couple of minutes. Services like sys main take up to 99% or 100%. It kinda slows down my laptop. I'm on HDD and is there a way to solve this without upgrading to SSD? I already turned off...
  4. 100 disk usage on startup HDD

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    100 disk usage on startup HDD: Hello!I'm getting 100% disk usage every time on startup. It usually went down after a couple of minutes. Services like sys main take up to 99% or 100%. It kinda slows down my laptop. I'm on HDD and is there a way to solve this without upgrading to SSD? I already turned off...
  5. 100 disk usage on startup HDD

6. 100% disk usage HDD

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    100% disk usage HDD: so when load up my computer my pc is slow and is at 100% disk usage when i go to task manger to look at processes it says my disk is at 25% but when i go to performance it shows it is at 100% non stop my memory is at 5.7 out of 15.7 36% cpu at 2% gpu at 6% any ideas how to...
  7. 100% disk usage HDD

100% disk usage HDD: so when load up my computer my pc is slow and is at 100% disk usage when i go to task manger to look at processes it says my disk is at 25% but when i go to performance it shows it is at 100% non stop my memory is at 5.7 out of 15.7 36% cpu at 2% gpu at 6% any ideas how to...
  8. 100% disk usage HDD

in Windows 10 Gaming
  9. Disk Usage at 100%, STILL!

Disk Usage at 100%, STILL!: So freaking annoying. For the last 6 or 7 months, my laptop has been super laggy. I had Win 10 installed, all updated. Disk Usage was at 100% every time I rebooted and for a long time after the desktop loaded. It meant it would take about 10 minutes for things to calm...
  10. 100% disk usage issue

100% disk usage issue: So recently I got a new laptop. first few days it ran fine and then I started getting a lot of lag. task manager showed that my disk was being used constantly and it was a process under the name "System". Has anyone else had this problem and if so what can I do about it?...