Windows 10: 100% disk usage. New hdd and new windows install

Discus and support 100% disk usage. New hdd and new windows install in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; My HDD keeps spiking to 100% this morning I installed a brand new hdd as the issue was happening on previous HDD. Also a fresh windows 10 pro... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by JoeKnowles2, Apr 3, 2020.

1. 100% disk usage. New hdd and new windows install

My HDD keeps spiking to 100% this morning I installed a brand new hdd as the issue was happening on previous HDD. Also a fresh windows 10 pro installation and the issue continues. I'm currently doing another fresh windows install. Hdd sticks around 1-2% but little tasks such as chrome or starting a download spike it up to 100% for around 5-10 minutes. Tried a lot of fixes on the net but to no avail

:)

JoeKnowles2, Apr 3, 2020
  2. garybear89, Apr 3, 2020
  3. 100% Usage on Secondary HDD

I'm sure that isn't a problem with my HDD. I've just bought this brand new WD 4TB HDD. And on the top of this inquiry, I mentioned that something wired is that the 100% usage jumps between HDDs. It's disk E,F,G this time and it would be disk C,D or H,L next
    time after I restart.(I have 3 Secondary Hdds).

The 100% occurs only when some applications are making use of the disk, such as file copying.

donglinyang, Apr 3, 2020
  4. 100% disk usage. New hdd and new windows install

100% disk usage

The most common cause of 100% disk usage appears to be Superfetch and Prefetch, but there are also other causes. You can try disabling both these features and see if it helps.

This article provides steps to disable prefecth and superfetch:

-
    How to Fix 100% Disk Usage Error in Windows 10

Salman Patwegar, Apr 3, 2020
Thema:

100% disk usage. New hdd and new windows install

1. 100% disk usage. New hdd and new windows install - Similar Threads - 100% disk usage

2. How to fix Disk Usage 100% after New HDD install?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to fix Disk Usage 100% after New HDD install?: I recently had a HDD fail on me while gaming. The system shut down and went straight to the bios saying “no bootable device”. Immediately I ordered another SEAGATE 2TB INTERNAL HDD and installed it. When I reinstalled windows there was a graveyard of my PCs old data. So I...
  3. How to fix Disk Usage 100% after New HDD install?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to fix Disk Usage 100% after New HDD install?: I recently had a HDD fail on me while gaming. The system shut down and went straight to the bios saying “no bootable device”. Immediately I ordered another SEAGATE 2TB INTERNAL HDD and installed it. When I reinstalled windows there was a graveyard of my PCs old data. So I...
  4. How to fix Disk Usage 100% after New HDD install?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. 100% disk usage HDD

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    100% disk usage HDD: so when load up my computer my pc is slow and is at 100% disk usage when i go to task manger to look at processes it says my disk is at 25% but when i go to performance it shows it is at 100% non stop my memory is at 5.7 out of 15.7 36% cpu at 2% gpu at 6% any ideas how to...
  6. 100% disk usage HDD

100% disk usage HDD: so when load up my computer my pc is slow and is at 100% disk usage when i go to task manger to look at processes it says my disk is at 25% but when i go to performance it shows it is at 100% non stop my memory is at 5.7 out of 15.7 36% cpu at 2% gpu at 6% any ideas how to...
  7. 100% disk usage HDD

in Windows 10 Gaming
  8. 100% Disk Usage after fresh windows & New HDD install

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    100% Disk Usage after fresh windows & New HDD install: Hello this has been an ongoing battle with my laptop. I have an Alienware 17r4, I have done almost all of the recommended resets and disables that pertain to 100% disk usage. After multiple unsuccessful tries I decided to replace my HDD and do a fresh install with windows. I...
  9. New Laptop 100% disk usage

New Laptop 100% disk usage: Good Day, Maybe this has been answered but if someone can redirect me to the solution - I would like to know why my new laptop is always at 100% disk usage. It is possible that its a 3rd party anti virus? I don't want to disable any services as windows 10 is an expensive...
  10. 100% disk usage on new laptop

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    100% disk usage on new laptop: Hi, So I bought this laptop the other day strictly for on the road work in excel/word and the like browsing and email. Nothing super intensive. It's not a great a great laptop by any stretch but it will meet my needs an it was cheap, only paid $115 for it brand new....