Windows 10: 100% Disk usage when downloading or updating.

Discus and support 100% Disk usage when downloading or updating. in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I bought my pc less than a month ago, and i have an issue with my disk usage shooting up to 100% and staying there when downloading or updating any... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by EricSid97, Sep 5, 2019.

1. EricSid97 Win User

100% Disk usage when downloading or updating.

I bought my pc less than a month ago, and i have an issue with my disk usage shooting up to 100% and staying there when downloading or updating any program, including windows updates. I can run games at max performance without a problem. The problem seems unique because ive looked everywhere online for help, I have tried disabling SysMain and Windows search, that does help. Its hard to detect what the problem is because i can only look for the issue and try to resolve it when im downloading or updating, but this is hard seeing as the disk usage causes my pc to run terribly slow. a 80mb update can take as long as 10 minutes, even tho an internet test says i have 300mb/s+. Also like i said, any online games run perfectly. Ive already updated all my windows updates, and used easydriver to update all the drivers. Was just trying to see if anybody has had this issue/bug and any other advice on trying to resolve it without having to download any random programs.

:)

EricSid97, Sep 5, 2019

2. 100% disk usage

The most common cause of 100% disk usage appears to be Superfetch and Prefetch, but there are also other causes. You can try disabling both these features and see if it helps.

This article provides steps to disable prefecth and superfetch:

-
    How to Fix 100% Disk Usage Error in Windows 10

Salman Patwegar, Sep 5, 2019
  3. PavolBugos, Sep 5, 2019
  4. 100% Disk usage when downloading or updating.

100% disk usage.

Summer has ended and my girlfriend booted her school laptop for the first time in months, only for it to be so unbearably slow that it took several minutes to log in. She handed it to me and said "fix it"... that was 3 days ago and now I am here to humbly
    ask the community what is going on with this GD laptop.

It boots and task manager reports 100%CPU usage, it then lags for several seconds and displays 100%disk usage with CPU usage bouncing between 30-60%.

If you leave it alone with task manager running it will eventually quiet down to a reasonable 0-5% disk usage, but doing ANYTHING causes it to bounce right back to 100%.

I have tried EVERYTHING.

• disable superfetch.
    • disable microsoft search.
    • disable updates and suggestive tips.
    • updated to the most current version of microsoft. (it hadn't been updated since 2018 when she bought it.)
    • reconfigured AHCI PCIE.
    • changed energy options.
    • disabled indexing.
    • reset the virtual memory.
    • ran disk defragment and disabled all scheduling.
    • updated all drivers.
    • deleted google chrome.
    • Disabled all services that weren't microsoft services and disabled all startup programs (clean boot).
    Still no change in the disk usage.

Its an HP Laptop model 15-bw0xx with Windows 10 home edition version 10.0.18362

after messing with it this long im considering replacing the HDD with an SSD but I fear that it wont fix the issue.

LucasParsons, Sep 5, 2019
Thema:

100% Disk usage when downloading or updating.

1. 100% Disk usage when downloading or updating. - Similar Threads - 100% Disk usage

2. 100 % Disk usage when plugged in

in Windows 10 Gaming
    100 % Disk usage when plugged in: Hi Everyone,I am using Asus X510UF Vivobook, The disk usage is normal10%-50% when the laptop runs on battery. The disk Usage becomes 100 % when my laptop is plugged in. - Updated all my h/w drivers- Windows is up to date- No problem with the power adapterOS - Windows 11RAM -...
  3. 100 % Disk usage when plugged in

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    100 % Disk usage when plugged in: Hi Everyone,I am using Asus X510UF Vivobook, The disk usage is normal10%-50% when the laptop runs on battery. The disk Usage becomes 100 % when my laptop is plugged in. - Updated all my h/w drivers- Windows is up to date- No problem with the power adapterOS - Windows 11RAM -...
  4. Disk Usage 100% During Download

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Disk Usage 100% During Download: Tried Disabling Superfetch, DiagTrac, Removed Some of the Bloatware, Disabled Flash, Updated Win10 to 1909, Used Multiple Browsers, etc, restarted, checked the health of the hard drive, Disabled almost all StartUps. It was before this month; any help would be appreciated...
  5. 100% disk usage when gaming

100% disk usage when gaming: [ATTACH] Hello, I know that there are a ton of postings about this but i have been trying to get rid of this problem for half a year now. When playing games that were located on my hdd, my hdd it used to randomly jump to 100% usage. As of late, my ssd gets to 100% usage...
  6. 100% disk usage when gaming

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    100% disk usage when gaming: Hello, I have this problem for half a year now. When playing games, my hdd jumps to 100% but it also happens to my ssd if the game is downloaded there. Makes it impossible to game. Game freezes, System freezes, game sound bugged etc. I have this problem for half a year now....
  7. 100% disk usage and updates not occurring

100% disk usage and updates not occurring: My computer has been running extremely slow as of late and on opening task manager have realized that my computer has 100% disk usage(mostly used by system) even though I'm not running anything. I've looked up possible solutions such as disabling superfetch to no avail. This...
  8. 100% disk usage

100% disk usage: I reset my PC and disk usage its still on 100% I have tried everything that is on YouTube or other forums and nothing works. submitted by /u/Witeek13 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/dxbr0g/100_disk_usage/
  9. Disk usage is 100%

Disk usage is 100%: Disk usage is 100% resulting in computer being real slow. How do I fix this problem https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/disk-usage-is-100/f94cae49-632c-4168-8aef-a0480ffe2569
  10. 100% disk usage

100% disk usage: i am using i7-7700hq processor laptop but still my laptop was loading slowly.when i checked my task manager it shows me my disk usage is 100%. so anybody help me to solve this problem...