Windows 10: 100% disk usage while opening any app.

Discus and support 100% disk usage while opening any app. in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; So, i will keep it short. As soon as i open any application whether it's spotify or microsoft word, my disk usage suddenly shoots to 100% disk usage.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by ShardoolParashar, Jun 23, 2019.

1. 100% disk usage while opening any app.

So, i will keep it short. As soon as i open any application whether it's spotify or microsoft word, my disk usage suddenly shoots to 100% disk usage. At this time the computer becomes unusable as this results in heavy lag and unresponsiveness. I have seen a lot of forums on this problem and it seems that it's a pretty common problem. But it's very irritating and i want a solution to it. I will attach a screenshot when i opened the spotify and disk usage suddenly went to 100%. Also the biggest mystery for me is that spotify only used 20.9% of disk, but it was system which used 64.9% of the disk. Please someone help me. 100% disk usage while opening any app. 53821d99-b4d3-482e-819e-857fa536467e?upload=true.jpg

:)

ShardoolParashar, Jun 23, 2019

2. 100% disk usage

The most common cause of 100% disk usage appears to be Superfetch and Prefetch, but there are also other causes. You can try disabling both these features and see if it helps.

This article provides steps to disable prefecth and superfetch:

-
    How to Fix 100% Disk Usage Error in Windows 10

Salman Patwegar, Jun 23, 2019
  3. Jose Est Win User
    100% disk usage and memory usage

Hi,

100% disk usage and memory usage can be caused by a software corruption, running application running on the background and malware or virus infection.

For us to properly isolate the issue and provide an appropriate resolution, kindly answer the questions below:

• Did the issue happen after installing the Fall Creators?
    • Did you receive any error messages?
    • Can you send us the screenshot of the Task Manager showing the 100% disk usage and memory usage?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

For isolation purposes, please perform a clean boot to see if the same issue will occur. Refer to this
    article for more information on how to perform a clean boot
    in Windows.

Looking forward to your response.

Jose Est, Jun 23, 2019
  4. 100% disk usage while opening any app.

How to solve 100 % disk usage in windows 10 after fall update?

Hi Manikanteswara,

Usually, a virus could be the main cause of 100% disk usage. The first step in rectifying the problem is to check your disk usages. You need to open the Task Manager and take a look at your disk usages to identify the programs or applications that are causing
    your hard disk 100% usage. Here's how:

• Type task manager in the Windows search bar and select the best match.
    • In the Processes tab, look at the disk process to see what is causing your hard disk 100% usage.

Kindly send a screenshot, so I can take a closer look.

Hoping to hear from you soon.

Aileen Alf, Jun 23, 2019
Thema:

100% disk usage while opening any app.

1. 100% disk usage while opening any app. - Similar Threads - 100% disk usage

2. Disk Usage 100% when I open an app

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Disk Usage 100% when I open an app: I've had this issue for almost a year now and i've tried everything online. The disk usage spikes very high when I open an app and while an app is open it runs at about 20% Things I've tried: I've disabled superfetch I've disabled windows search I've disabled windows...
  3. Windows 10 100% Disk Usage even with no apps opened

Windows 10 100% Disk Usage even with no apps opened: Hi everyone, my problem is not recent it's been almost one month, my disk usage is going to 100% even with no apps opened and when I open a random app it starts using a lot of disk usage for no reasons, system is very laggy buggy and slow. My laptop is from 2017 so not too...
  4. 100% Disk Usage

100% Disk Usage: My laptop takes 100% in HDD memory when i have Windows SO, i install previous windows 8 and the problem still going on, i got this specifications: [ATTACH] And my task manager shows this: [ATTACH] thank you for your attention.....
  5. Any app that is currently in use is using 100% disk usage

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Any app that is currently in use is using 100% disk usage: This is an issue of mine that has been annoying be ever since I got my PC which was in January, Any app that is currently in use or is loading is using 100% of my disk. I have tried all the fixes 1. Turning off Windows Search, SysMain all that stuff All the generic fixes have...
  6. 100% disk usage

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    100% disk usage: I reset my PC and disk usage its still on 100% I have tried everything that is on YouTube or other forums and nothing works. submitted by /u/Witeek13 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/dxbr0g/100_disk_usage/
  7. 100% disk usage when opening softwares.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    100% disk usage when opening softwares.: Hello , I'm using Acer Nitro 5 , 8 GB Ram i5-7300HQ 1050GTX Nvidia , 1TB HardDisk . Every time I open a app either its chrome/steam/discord my disk usage increases to 100% even its running only on 2-3mbps else its fine and 2-3% around Please help me out here....
  8. Disk usage is 100%

Disk usage is 100%: Disk usage is 100% resulting in computer being real slow. How do I fix this problem https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/disk-usage-is-100/f94cae49-632c-4168-8aef-a0480ffe2569
  9. 100% disk usage

100% disk usage: i am using i7-7700hq processor laptop but still my laptop was loading slowly.when i checked my task manager it shows me my disk usage is 100%. so anybody help me to solve this problem...
  10. 100% Disk usage while copying data

100% Disk usage while copying data: Hello all, I've a Dell Inspiron 5577 Gaming laptop (7th Gen Core i5-7300HQ/8GB RAM/Seagate st1000lm035-1rk172 1TB HDD)running Windows 10 1803 Build 17134.320. Whenever I copy paste data from one partition or within the partition, disk usage spike to 100% thereby reducing...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. when i open application disk 100%

2. windos high disk usage when opneing an app