Windows 10: 100 % disk use that keeps recurring.

Discus and support 100 % disk use that keeps recurring. in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi Forum,My wife's machine is nearly a brick these days. Every morning, she wants to check email and facebook, and cant', because the machine is either... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by kharrisma, Dec 3, 2022.

1. kharrisma Win User

100 % disk use that keeps recurring.

Hi Forum,My wife's machine is nearly a brick these days. Every morning, she wants to check email and facebook, and cant', because the machine is either totally unresponsive to user input, or it responds so slowly as to be nearly unresponsive anyway. In every case, the issue is 100% disk use, and it's usually System and Windows Defender neither of which can be touched at the top of the list. Windows Update is almost always right up there, along with Edge update, Microsoft Store update, Your Phone update, Work or School Account updating or refreshing or whatever it's doing... So is Windo

:)

kharrisma, Dec 3, 2022
  2. TimGrandt Win User

Clean install, disk usage at 100%

I've seen that article. and I am in fact not running that driver. I followed the steps and it does not appear in the list.

TimGrandt, Dec 3, 2022
  3. Pavan_N Win User
    windows 10 disk 100% cant fix (digital memory)

Hi Emils,

I appreciate the troubleshooting steps you have tried to resolve the issue. I suggest you to refer the suggestions by
    Digital Mooney and check if that helps.

How to fix 100% disk usage in Windows 10

Do keep us updated about the issue. Thank you.

Pavan_N, Dec 3, 2022
  4. Wag0KJ Win User

100% disk usage

My version and build is “Version 21H2 (OS Build 19044.2006) There is no available update for Windows Security. I’m currently working on the steps to disable CompatTelRunner. (edit: after rebooting my computer after method 1, still 100% disk, should I continue with the other methods or is there something else you suggest?)

Wag0KJ, Dec 3, 2022
Thema:

1. 100 % disk use that keeps recurring. - Similar Threads - 100 disk keeps

2. Disk and CPU 100 % use

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Disk and CPU 100 % use: Can u help me this problem solve https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/disk-and-cpu-100-use/a8c26f3f-83ae-4832-ba0a-b83519d50802
  3. Disk and CPU 100 % use

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Disk and CPU 100 % use: Can u help me this problem solve https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/disk-and-cpu-100-use/a8c26f3f-83ae-4832-ba0a-b83519d50802
  4. Disk and CPU 100 % use

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. 100 % disk use that keeps recurring.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    100 % disk use that keeps recurring.: Hi Forum,My wife's machine is nearly a brick these days. Every morning, she wants to check email and facebook, and cant', because the machine is either totally unresponsive to user input, or it responds so slowly as to be nearly unresponsive anyway. In every case, the issue...
  6. 100 % disk use that keeps recurring.

100 % disk use that keeps recurring.: Hi Forum,My wife's machine is nearly a brick these days. Every morning, she wants to check email and facebook, and cant', because the machine is either totally unresponsive to user input, or it responds so slowly as to be nearly unresponsive anyway. In every case, the issue...
  7. Disk use 100% and slow performance

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Disk use 100% and slow performance: Hi friends, Request your kind advice. My All in one PC 8 years old- Indian Brand Reconnect, model now discontinued is having IntelR Core TM i3 CPU 540 @ 3.07 GHz processor. It has installed memory RAM of 4 GB, 64 bit OS, x64 based processor. It has a storage of 500 GB on...
  8. [help] Disk keeps jumping to 100%

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    [help] Disk keeps jumping to 100%: So for the past couple of months, my PC has been having a problem where on startup and even afterward the disk %(viewing through task manager) would spike at 100% and either stay like that for a few minutes or eventually drop to zero, only to do it again later. I'm not sure...
  9. SVCHOST using 100% DIsk

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    SVCHOST using 100% DIsk: I am running Build 18985. System is running very slow and System task is using 100% Disk. I have researched the issue and found process SVCHOST using the disk. I have done the following: Disabled Microsoft Update Disabled all startup process Stopped all services except...
  10. Disk using 100%

Disk using 100%: Even if I have turned off all of my all my auto starting setting my problem is not solving. And also all the media players are not running https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/disk-using-100/a241c040-e8e6-45f5-8e14-d47cae77789b