Windows 10: 100% disk utilization

Discus and support 100% disk utilization in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Windows 10 Dell Laptop is always running very slow due to 100% disk utilization even at startup. Task manager shows Google Chrome as the biggest... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by JohnnyMcConnell, Aug 13, 2019 at 4:57 PM.

1. 100% disk utilization

Windows 10 Dell Laptop is always running very slow due to 100% disk utilization even at startup. Task manager shows Google Chrome as the biggest utilizer even though only the home page is up. It is very frustrating as the laptop came with Windows 8 which was running smoothly. Problem started once I upgraded to Windows 10. Is there any particular service I need to disable to avoid this 100% disk utilization all the time?

:)

JohnnyMcConnell, Aug 13, 2019 at 4:57 PM
  2. TimGrandt Win User

Clean install, disk usage at 100%

I've seen that article. and I am in fact not running that driver. I followed the steps and it does not appear in the list.

3. JoeCerra Win User
    Windows 10 100% disk utilization

I have a relatively new laptop (Christmas 2017) noticed that it was running slow. In Task Manager it is showing 100% disk utilization.

I have scoured the web and have tried all applicable fixes and have not resolved the issue.

this is maddening anyone have any suggestions

only 7% cpu, 40% memory 100% disk, 0% network

thanks in advance

4. 100% disk utilization

100% disk utilization

Windows 10 Dell Laptop is always running very slow due to 100% disk utilization even at startup. Task manager shows Google Chrome as the biggest utilizer even though only the home page is up. It is very frustrating as the laptop came with Windows 8 which
    was running smoothly. Problem started once I upgraded to Windows 10. Is there any particular service I need to disable to avoid this 100% disk utilization all the time?

RobertMcDonnell1, Aug 13, 2019 at 5:10 PM
Thema:

100% disk utilization

1. 100% disk utilization - Similar Threads - 100% disk utilization

2. 100% disk utilization

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    100% disk utilization: Windows 10 Dell Laptop is always running very slow due to 100% disk utilization even at startup. Task manager shows Google Chrome as the biggest utilizer even though only the home page is up. It is very frustrating as the laptop came with Windows 8 which was running smoothly....
  3. Disk 100%

Disk 100%: disk is at 100% windows 10. How can I fix it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/disk-100/8c826a25-25fd-487a-9843-1210d2514d4f
  4. Disk Utilization is 100% windows10 home

Disk Utilization is 100% windows10 home: Any help would be Great, I tried everything available on net regarding this disk 100% issue. some of them are windows search=disabled superfetch=disabled notifications=disabled runtime broker=disabled cortana=disabled auto update=disbaled checkdisk=cleared...
  5. Disk Utilization always at 100%

Disk Utilization always at 100%: My pc always seems to show its disk utilization at 100 percent. I've tried shutting down my anti-virus, superfetch, and windows search. It just doesn't go down. It takes an ion for the computer to start up and it is very frustrating. What else can I try?? Any help...
  6. disk utility

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    disk utility: reinstalled windows 10 home and now optimize disk references solid state disks rather than hard drive disks and utility does not work https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/disk-utility/6ab769c7-e5fe-4832-ad75-826f85e108e2"
  7. Disk 100%

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Disk 100%: Disk started showing 100 percent in task manager today when laptop was laggy and driving me nuts. Have tried literally every fix I can find and nothing worked. 122376
  8. 100% Disk

100% Disk: My computer starts out fine, but ram usage starts climbing as I use it and after some time it hits 90% or so and then the disk usage sky rockets to 100%. I've had this problem before but none of the solutions I've tried in the past work anymore. I've disabled windows search,...
  9. Windows 10 Very Slow -- Disk 100% Utilization

Windows 10 Very Slow -- Disk 100% Utilization: Issue My desktop computer has become unusable because it is so slow. I'm not very technical so any suggestions or input would be appreciated. (Apologies in advance for the poor quality of the information but the computer is so slow it is hard to get data) Background...
  10. Disk utilization (I/O) routinely at 100 % in windows 10

Disk utilization (I/O) routinely at 100 % in windows 10: It seems recently that my Hard drive utilization consistently stays between 90% and 100%. I have shut down as much back ground services as I can find and stopped as many sartup services as I could see that weren't directly OS related. However disk utilization sits very high...