Windows 10: 100% Disk utilization

Discus and support 100% Disk utilization in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; From past 2 days my laptop keeps lagging, on Task Manager it shows disk is 100% utilized even when i have no running apps. Unable to even surf Chrome.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by meethemavat, Nov 12, 2020.

1. 100% Disk utilization

From past 2 days my laptop keeps lagging, on Task Manager it shows disk is 100% utilized even when i have no running apps. Unable to even surf Chrome.

:)

meethemavat, Nov 12, 2020
  2. TimGrandt Win User

Clean install, disk usage at 100%

I've seen that article. and I am in fact not running that driver. I followed the steps and it does not appear in the list.

TimGrandt, Nov 12, 2020
  3. JoeCerra Win User
    Windows 10 100% disk utilization

I have a relatively new laptop (Christmas 2017) noticed that it was running slow. In Task Manager it is showing 100% disk utilization.

I have scoured the web and have tried all applicable fixes and have not resolved the issue.

this is maddening anyone have any suggestions

only 7% cpu, 40% memory 100% disk, 0% network

thanks in advance

JoeCerra, Nov 12, 2020
  4. 100% Disk utilization

Disk utilization 100% in Task manager

My laptop shows 100% disk utilization in the task manager for the first 20-30 mins after I start my machine. During this time when it is 100%, system performance is very slow. After 30 mins, disk utilization drops again under 20% and everything is normal.

I tried reaching out to Microsoft help a couple of times in the past and they suggested me to update my windows. That may have resolved the issue temporarily for few days but it starts behaving like this again.

Ravikanth Seethamraju, Nov 12, 2020
Thema:

100% Disk utilization

1. 100% Disk utilization - Similar Threads - 100% Disk utilization

2. disk utility 100%

in Windows 10 Gaming
    disk utility 100%: No matter what, Disk drive hits 99%. Did fresh reinstall, no luck. Lags during games or sometimes doing nothing at all. Please help before I buy a new SSD for my HP Omen laptop....
  3. disk utility 100%

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    disk utility 100%: No matter what, Disk drive hits 99%. Did fresh reinstall, no luck. Lags during games or sometimes doing nothing at all. Please help before I buy a new SSD for my HP Omen laptop....
  4. disk utility 100%

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Disk 100% utilization.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Disk 100% utilization.: I am fed-up of 100% disk utilization in task manager. I have tried all the ways. Can any one please help on this?Thanks in Advance https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/disk-100-utilization/03be4b16-8c75-4bf9-af3d-b2379c29d478
  6. Disk 100% utilization.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Disk 100% utilization.: I am fed-up of 100% disk utilization in task manager. I have tried all the ways. Can any one please help on this?Thanks in Advance https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/disk-100-utilization/03be4b16-8c75-4bf9-af3d-b2379c29d478
  7. Disk 100% utilization.

8. 100% disk utilization

100% disk utilization: Windows 10 Dell Laptop always works very slowly due to 100% disk usage, even at startup. The task manager shows Google Chrome as the largest user even though only the home page is active. It is very frustrating since the laptop came with Windows 8 that worked without...
  9. 100% disk utilization

100% disk utilization: Windows 10 Dell Laptop is always running very slow due to 100% disk utilization even at startup. Task manager shows Google Chrome as the biggest utilizer even though only the home page is up. It is very frustrating as the laptop came with Windows 8 which was running smoothly....
  10. 100% disk utilization

100% disk utilization: Windows 10 Dell Laptop is always running very slow due to 100% disk utilization even at startup. Task manager shows Google Chrome as the biggest utilizer even though only the home page is up. It is very frustrating as the laptop came with Windows 8 which was running smoothly....