Windows 10: 100 GB OneDrive storage FREE for 2 years

Discus and support 100 GB OneDrive storage FREE for 2 years in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I don't have anywhere near a 100 Gbs that I would want to store on OneDrive. Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Slartybart, Feb 16, 2015.

1. Winuser Win User

100 GB OneDrive storage FREE for 2 years

I don't have anywhere near a 100 Gbs that I would want to store on OneDrive.

Winuser, Feb 17, 2015
  2. BunnyJ New Member

It's not a bad thing for me at least. Free 100GB increase for two years and 1.99 or so per month with tax after that is not that expensive. Yes, there are options but heck.. for now this is good.

Jeff

BunnyJ, Feb 17, 2015
  3. Winuser Win User
    It is a good thing for those needing that much storage space and at $1.99 plus tax not a bad price.

Winuser, Feb 17, 2015
  4. BunnyJ New Member

True, 100GB is a lot of storage but for me I would like to have that much so I don't have to have a spare drive and being on the cloud it provides me with very a very solid disaster recovery tool. Heck, I can upload all of what I need to recover and restore my PC without much of an issue. And at 1.99/Plus Tax is cheap insurance, IMO.

Jeff

BunnyJ, Feb 17, 2015
  5. adamf Win User
    You don't need to create folders on OneDrive or upload things individually. Assuming you don't want to move the folders containing your photos permenantly into OneDrive directory on your PC you can just copy them there temporarily. Once they have all uploaded you can stop synching those folders - they will be deleted from the OneDrive directory on your PC but remain in the cloud. The folder structure will remain the same.

It might take a long time to upload but it doesn't really matter - you can just leave it running for a few weeks until it is done. I uploaded about 40GB of music and it took just over a week but that might be because my internet speed is rubbish.

adamf, Feb 17, 2015
  6. badrobot Win User
    True, 100GB is a lot of storage but for me I would like to have that much so I don't have to have a spare drive and being on the cloud it provides me with very a very solid disaster recovery tool. Heck, I can upload all of what I need to recover and restore my PC without much of an issue. And at 1.99/Plus Tax is cheap insurance, IMO.

Jeff

Just invest on a 128GB usb 3.0 flashdrive. You can recover everything you want 100x faster offline (anywhere) for a one time cost of $50+.

Buy the HP® x702W USB 3.0 Flash Drive 128GB at TigerDirect.ca

badrobot, Feb 17, 2015
  7. strollin Win User

Jeff

Just invest on a 128GB usb 3.0 flashdrive. You can recover everything you want 100x faster offline (anywhere) for a one time cost of $50+.

Buy the HP® x702W USB 3.0 Flash Drive 128GB at TigerDirect.ca Even better, you could buy a 1TB USB external hdd for not much more. Amazon.com: WD 1TB WD Elements Portable USB 3.0 Hard Drive Storage (WDBUZG0010BBK-NESN): Computers & Accessories

strollin, Feb 17, 2015
  8. badrobot Win User

Jeff

Buy the HP® x702W USB 3.0 Flash Drive 128GB at TigerDirect.ca Even better, you could buy a 1TB USB external hdd for not much more. Amazon.com: WD 1TB WD Elements Portable USB 3.0 Hard Drive Storage (WDBUZG0010BBK-NESN): Computers & Accessories I suggested the 128GB because it is almost the same capacity as the 100Gb onedrive free storage and it's small enough to be used anywhere. *Smile
    But it's just me. The 100gb onedrive is free so grab it if one prefers the cloud service.

badrobot, Feb 17, 2015
  9. BunnyJ New Member

Jeff

Buy the HP® x702W USB 3.0 Flash Drive 128GB at TigerDirect.ca I would want to be able to restore everything if say, a fire wiped out my home. In that event I could lose all of my things include that flash-drive. With the cloud I don't have to worry about that issue.

BunnyJ, Feb 17, 2015
  10. Winuser Win User
    If you have that much data you want to save I would save the files to OneDrive and save them to a external drive also. That way you won't have to download 100 GB's of data if you ever decide you don't want to use OneDrive any more. It only cost $1.99 plus tax now. What's to stop MS from increasing the cost dramatically once they get everyone they can hooked into the 100 GB plan.

Winuser, Feb 18, 2015
  11. BunnyJ New Member
    Technically, anything can happen. But I want to have my key files/data off site so I can get at it when/if a major disaster occurs. I also have the option of Google Drive, which I use as well and it's cheap. So if MS does go up I can use Google.

An external drive is not the best way to recover from a total disaster, fire etc., I need to have my data off site for that. When I worked at several IT shops we had to have detailed plans for disaster recovery and I still follow them as much as I can and using the cloud is great for this.

Jeff

BunnyJ, Feb 18, 2015
  12. Wynona Win User
    Same here, Thrash. And I don't know how much I've used, but it's not anywhere close to 5 GB, even. And, with my Office 365 subscription I get 1 Terabyte, so what would I gain by getting another 100 GB?

Wynona, Feb 18, 2015
  13. Wynona Win User

Yep, I learned the hard way! It took three or four days for everything to upload and then not everything made it across. I had my Upload Center whining for a couple weeks until a fellow beta tester helped me straighten it out. And no, we weren't testing OneDrive. *Smile She runs a support center and took pity on me. *Nerd

Wynona, Feb 18, 2015
  14. badrobot Win User
    Technically, anything can happen. But I want to have my key files/data off site so I can get at it when/if a major disaster occurs. I also have the option of Google Drive, which I use as well and it's cheap. So if MS does go up I can use Google.

An external drive is not the best way to recover from a total disaster, fire etc., I need to have my data off site for that. When I worked at several IT shops we had to have detailed plans for disaster recovery and I still follow them as much as I can and using the cloud is great for this.

Jeff

That is a very good plan in theory. Disaster. Off-site. If disaster can strike anytime. It can strike anywhere. Even off-site.

If there is a total disaster, I won't have time to worry about file recovery. I have to recover my life back first or I may not exist any more to do any recovery at all.

badrobot, Feb 18, 2015
  15. kiwig Win User
    +1
    I do backup to the cloud and to a network drive. It doesn't even need to be a fire. A thunderstorm can be enough to kill a setup.
    Of course most if not all of those providers intend to make something out of it. What goes round comes around(work).
    It does not have to be OneDrive or any Ms. I have used a free option from Mozy for a few years. It worked well and never had a problem. I'm even paying now for a 50GB(work files) option. Nothing wrong with that.
    The network drive I have to replace soon as it has been going for a number of years *Smile
    No free lunches *Sad

kiwig, Feb 18, 2015
Thema:

1. 100 GB OneDrive storage FREE for 2 years - Similar Threads - 100 OneDrive storage

2. I Lost 100 gb storage space

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    I Lost 100 gb storage space: I was Trying To Download A Game Then it said Failed To Drag And Drop i pressed closed and i lost 100 gb of storage space please help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-lost-100-gb-storage-space/6fdf9be8-6de7-4c77-87f1-87737048a6d3
  3. I Lost 100 gb storage space

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I Lost 100 gb storage space: I was Trying To Download A Game Then it said Failed To Drag And Drop i pressed closed and i lost 100 gb of storage space please help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-lost-100-gb-storage-space/6fdf9be8-6de7-4c77-87f1-87737048a6d3
  4. I Lost 100 gb storage space

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. OneDrive reducing to free storage limit.

OneDrive reducing to free storage limit.: I had a OneDrive only subscription but it became difficult to use where I am in Mainland China, so subscribed with a local cloud backup, but I still have OD on three of my devices, and on one it is showing the grey cloud with a line through it. I tried to log in but when I...
  6. OneDrive reducing to free storage limit.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    OneDrive reducing to free storage limit.: I had a OneDrive only subscription but it became difficult to use where I am in Mainland China, so subscribed with a local cloud backup, but I still have OD on three of my devices, and on one it is showing the grey cloud with a line through it. I tried to log in but when I...
  7. OneDrive reducing to free storage limit.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Lost 7 free gb of storage

Lost 7 free gb of storage: I had 9 gb of storage space available and I suddenly got a notification that I only had 2 gb of storage left, what happened? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/lost-7-free-gb-of-storage/07677cbb-ee2e-4ec3-86e4-4f1622652b1e
  9. Effective Onedrive free storage space

Effective Onedrive free storage space: I understand that each Onedrive account has free 5 g storage space. For each file stored in Onedrive, when editing is done, Onedrive will create a "File History" for that file. Also, if a file is deleted, it will go to the "Recycle bin" My question is that would the...
  10. Free- SecureAplus 2 years - GiveawayoftheDay

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Free- SecureAplus 2 years - GiveawayoftheDay: A multi-engine white-listing solution that stands alongside traditional AVs (e.g. I run Avast and this). Whitelisting means only what you have approved runs, so a new level of security. Quiet and unobtrusive, no noticeable overhead as it's not a real-time scanner. Giveaway...