Windows 10: 100 GB OneDrive storage FREE for 2 years

Discus and support 100 GB OneDrive storage FREE for 2 years in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I just hoped I would get that amount of storage because onedrive is always my friend ever since I got my new win8.1 pc its always been there. Lets just... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Slartybart, Feb 16, 2015.

1. Kesto Win User

100 GB OneDrive storage FREE for 2 years

I just hoped I would get that amount of storage because onedrive is always my friend ever since I got my new win8.1 pc its always been there. Lets just hope that carries on *Biggrin

Kesto, Feb 18, 2015
  2. BunnyJ New Member

Technically, anything can happen. But I want to have my key files/data off site so I can get at it when/if a major disaster occurs. I also have the option of Google Drive, which I use as well and it's cheap. So if MS does go up I can use Google.

An external drive is not the best way to recover from a total disaster, fire etc., I need to have my data off site for that. When I worked at several IT shops we had to have detailed plans for disaster recovery and I still follow them as much as I can and using the cloud is great for this.

Jeff

That is a very good plan in theory. Disaster. Off-site. If disaster can strike anytime. It can strike anywhere. Even off-site.

If there is a total disaster, I won't have time to worry about file recovery. I have to recover my life back first or I may not exist any more to do any recovery at all. Here's an example of why I like the cloud concept. I accidentally deleted some key files one day, Yes stupid but things like this do happen. Did I worry?? No, because I had all of those files on the cloud and I could restore them in a few minutes. Was that a total disaster.. no but it's an example of why having an off site storage/recovery site is important IMO.

I know that there is no perfect disaster recovery plan but I try to follow the rules and guidelines I was taught when I was actively involved in the IT field and they have served me well over the years. YMMV

Jeff

BunnyJ, Feb 18, 2015
  3. badrobot Win User
    I once accidentally deleted an entire partition on my hard drive with important files and photos. I think nothing is more stupid that what I did that day. But I don't have it backed up on cloud. No worries. MiniTool Power Data Recovery ( I got from giveaway promo) helped me recovered everything in the same manner I lost them... organized in folders with the original filenames. It even recovered all the files that I intentionally deleted so many years ago.
    Don't get me wrong. I also use OneDrive sometimes. For all my disposable files and stuffs I want to share with others.

badrobot, Feb 18, 2015
  4. BunnyJ New Member

I understand.. I just was trained to think the way I do and I love having over 100GB of space.

BunnyJ, Feb 18, 2015
  5. badrobot Win User
    I understand.. I just was trained to think the way I do and I love having over 100GB of space.
    Yup. It's all a matter of personal preference I guess. We're you able to get the free 100? If only it's transferrable I'll give you my 100gb. *Smile

badrobot, Feb 18, 2015
  6. BunnyJ New Member
    Yup. It's all a matter of personal preference I guess. We're you able to get the free 100? If only it's transferrable I'll give you my 100gb. *Smile I got it and thanks but I don't need an extra 100GB right now. I also make use of Google Drive so I have lots of space to back up what I need to.

Have a good day,
    Jeff *Smile

BunnyJ, Feb 18, 2015
  7. Winuser Win User
    The main files and data I need are backed up on OneDrive and a external hard drive. I also have system images on different external drives. So far I'm only using 1.15 GB on OneDrive. Having off site backups is definitely a good idea. I have learned the hard way about not having backups.

Winuser, Feb 18, 2015
  8. BunnyJ New Member

I think I'll use about 15-20GB of storage but it's just going to be nice to have the extra and for the price for the newt two years.. it's well worth it. And, yes.. it will be 1.99 plus tax per month but that's not an issue.

BunnyJ, Feb 18, 2015
  9. Winuser Win User
    If I ever get around to digitizing my photos I definitely go for the 100 GB plan. I have so many pictures stored in albums and shoe boxes I'll probably wear out my scanner before I finish.

Winuser, Feb 18, 2015
  10. BunnyJ New Member
    Why not get it now and if you don't need it cancel. You'll have two years to decide.

BunnyJ, Feb 18, 2015
  11. kiwig Win User
    Try installing ZenMate browser extension. You should be able to get it outside of US. *Smile
    Anyone interested with 25gb extra OneDrive storage? Mine is up for grabs. I don't know how to use up all my 5TB personal cloud storage. *Smile badrobot
    I would be delighted to take 25GB, if it's for free.

kiwig, Feb 18, 2015
  12. Winuser Win User
    Why not get it now and if you don't need it cancel. You'll have two years to decide. How long did it take for the 100Gb to show up on your OneDrive account?

Winuser, Feb 19, 2015
  13. BunnyJ New Member

Why not get it now and if you don't need it cancel. You'll have two years to decide. How long did it take for the 100Gb to show up on your OneDrive account?
    Just a few minutes, after filling out all of the information the entire process should only take about 5 minutes.
    You'll be able to use the space right away,

Jeff

BunnyJ, Feb 19, 2015
  14. Winuser Win User
    I'm still getting 28.8Gb available

Winuser, Feb 19, 2015
  15. BunnyJ New Member
    Here's what I have:

100 GB OneDrive storage FREE for 2 years [​IMG]

BunnyJ, Feb 19, 2015
Thema:

1. 100 GB OneDrive storage FREE for 2 years - Similar Threads - 100 OneDrive storage

2. I Lost 100 gb storage space

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    I Lost 100 gb storage space: I was Trying To Download A Game Then it said Failed To Drag And Drop i pressed closed and i lost 100 gb of storage space please help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-lost-100-gb-storage-space/6fdf9be8-6de7-4c77-87f1-87737048a6d3
  3. I Lost 100 gb storage space

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I Lost 100 gb storage space: I was Trying To Download A Game Then it said Failed To Drag And Drop i pressed closed and i lost 100 gb of storage space please help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-lost-100-gb-storage-space/6fdf9be8-6de7-4c77-87f1-87737048a6d3
  4. I Lost 100 gb storage space

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. OneDrive reducing to free storage limit.

OneDrive reducing to free storage limit.: I had a OneDrive only subscription but it became difficult to use where I am in Mainland China, so subscribed with a local cloud backup, but I still have OD on three of my devices, and on one it is showing the grey cloud with a line through it. I tried to log in but when I...
  6. OneDrive reducing to free storage limit.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    OneDrive reducing to free storage limit.: I had a OneDrive only subscription but it became difficult to use where I am in Mainland China, so subscribed with a local cloud backup, but I still have OD on three of my devices, and on one it is showing the grey cloud with a line through it. I tried to log in but when I...
  7. OneDrive reducing to free storage limit.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Lost 7 free gb of storage

Lost 7 free gb of storage: I had 9 gb of storage space available and I suddenly got a notification that I only had 2 gb of storage left, what happened? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/lost-7-free-gb-of-storage/07677cbb-ee2e-4ec3-86e4-4f1622652b1e
  9. Effective Onedrive free storage space

Effective Onedrive free storage space: I understand that each Onedrive account has free 5 g storage space. For each file stored in Onedrive, when editing is done, Onedrive will create a "File History" for that file. Also, if a file is deleted, it will go to the "Recycle bin" My question is that would the...
  10. Free- SecureAplus 2 years - GiveawayoftheDay

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Free- SecureAplus 2 years - GiveawayoftheDay: A multi-engine white-listing solution that stands alongside traditional AVs (e.g. I run Avast and this). Whitelisting means only what you have approved runs, so a new level of security. Quiet and unobtrusive, no noticeable overhead as it's not a real-time scanner. Giveaway...